Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

11 minutes ago, sne said:

So that's League 1 curtailed then. Play off still to go ahead.

Coventry and Rotherham go up. Bolton, Southend and Tranmere are relegated to League Two.

Wonder how long before the Championship does the same.

Looking at the table I can see some teams very unhappy. Wycombe, Tranmere and Sunderland as the big player were just outside playoffs

at least Paul Lambert 11th place finish will be a highlight for him, his highest league finish since 2010/11

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Looking at the table I can see some teams very unhappy. Wycombe, Tranmere and Sunderland as the big player were just outside playoffs

at least Paul Lambert 11th place finish will be a highlight for him, his highest league finish since 2010/11

How does that man still get jobs in football? He had about 3 good seasons at Norwich and thats it. If you include this time at Villa since 2012 his win percentage is about 30% for 5 different clubs.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

How does that man still get jobs in football? He had about 3 good seasons at Norwich and thats it. If you include this time at Villa since 2012 his win percentage is about 30% for 5 different clubs.

People love to moan about lambert he kept us up on a shoe string budget 

34 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't understand why the PL have to pay a rebate back to the TV companies for restarting the league in the summer months?

Its not like all of the other traditional summer sports are on. Its the only show in town.

I can't remember when the league got stopped exactly but I assume as they're condensing it into a shorter period then Sky might miss out on a month's subscriptions from those who stopped their sport package? But then they seem to have got a load more matches to show to make up for it so should get more ad revenue.

League one and league two suspended, so maybe we'll be able to call back O'Hare, Ramsey and Doyle-Hayes, not sure what the rules are, but with extra places available on the bench and the threat of players catchng the virus maybe we could do with them as back up.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

A manager who has any job again full stop after managing Aston Villa are as rare as hens teeth to be fair to him. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Villa, Man City, Leicester, Chelsea, Wolves, Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham the teams not on TV.

I thought all the games are televised?

🙄

Manchester United friendly called off after Stoke City manager tests positive for coronavirus

Man Utd's friendly with Stoke City on Tuesday was cancelled after Potters' manager Michael O'Neill tested positive for COVID-19

Manchester United's planned friendly with Stoke City on Tuesday was cancelled at the last minute after the Championship club's manager tested positive for coronavirus.

However, as M.E.N. Sport reported earlier in the day, the match was called off shortly before it was due to kick-off after the Stoke players had begun arriving in individual cars for the encounter from 10am.

No specific reason for the cancellation was given initially, though it was understood the problem was at the Potters' end.

However, the Daily Mirror tonight reported that a positive test for COVID-19 from a Stoke member of staff was made known to the club moments before the match, causing it to be immediately abandoned.

Stoke tonight confirmed that the positive test came from first team manager Michael O'Neill.

It's reported that the results of tests conducted on Monday as part of the EFL's programme came through to Stoke's medical team as the players were preparing to play.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-stoke-city-coronavirus-18392003

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sorry, I mean not on pay TV. 

Ah ok, it’s only the first couple of weeks they’ve announced so far I believe so hopefully there will be a few of ours on FTA.

I think our games currently announced were due to be on SKY or BT anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't understand why the PL have to pay a rebate back to the TV companies for restarting the league in the summer months?

Its not like all of the other traditional summer sports are on. Its the only show in town.

Pretty sure international cricket is restarting, as is F1.

Lallana leaving Liverpool but happy to sign short term deal until end of the season (probably helps he'll get a medal if he plays some games).

I always thought it was a bit far fetched that loads of players would just walk away from their deals on July 1st. Think 99% of players are in mode of finishing the season and then will talk with clubs about moving especially as many will have to uproot their families. Not the ideal time to do it currently.