Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I just dont understand the logic on having teams like coventry and rotherham getying promtion. They have not earned anything.

There is no monetary incentive to play the remaining games in League 1. Especially with empty seats. Simple as that.

The Championship is probably even Steven if there is but so far looks to at least go ahead.

The PL clubs are hemorrhaging money and cant afford to repay or miss out on any TV or commercial money. Money is the only reason.

• Like 1

I see Broadgate Square in Coventry city centre, was packed with Coventry City supporters, who were celebrating their being promoted as champions last night, despite the club having urged fans not to congregate. Flares and no social distancing, multiply that by around a hundred, when Liverpool and then Leeds, get what they want! 😕

1 hour ago, John said:

I see Broadgate Square in Coventry city centre, was packed with Coventry City supporters, who were celebrating their being promoted as champions last night, despite the club having urged fans not to congregate. Flares and no social distancing, multiply that by around a hundred, when Liverpool and then Leeds, get what they want! 😕

Reckon there won't be a gathering of villa fans if we avoid relegation?

Sounds small minded but I'm convinced there would definitely be easily a hundred or more of our fan base that wouldn't be able to help themselves. Same with any club achieving anything. Increase/ decrease the number gathering based on the size of the achievement, the size of the fan base, and the general intelligence of the fans.

A liverpool title decider being played in southampton won't stop their fans gathering in huge numbers, it will just mean they'll be doing it in liverpool and Southampton 

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Sounds small minded but I'm convinced there would definitely be easily a hundred or more of our fan base that wouldn't be able to help themselves. Same with any club achieving anything. Increase/ decrease the number gathering based on the size of the achievement, the size of the fan base, and the general intelligence of the fans.

A liverpool title decider being played in southampton won't stop their fans gathering in huge numbers, it will just mean they'll be doing it in liverpool and Southampton 

I really don't think that Villa fans would head to the city centre. We wouldn't have won anything and we know the difference, as Villa fans, I think it would be more of a feeling of relief for us. 

I agree with your other points although I don't think Liverpool celebrations would be confined to Liverpool and Southampton, what about London and sadly Birmingham? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, John said:

I see Broadgate Square in Coventry city centre, was packed with Coventry City supporters, who were celebrating their being promoted as champions last night, despite the club having urged fans not to congregate. Flares and no social distancing, multiply that by around a hundred, when Liverpool get what they want! 😕

FTFY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

depends on the context. a last minute winner at west ham last game of the season to clinch safety? then maybe...but personally i don't see us doing it. we'd be ridiculed by everyone and the vast majority of our fanbase know that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

depends on the context. a last minute winner at west ham last game of the season to clinch safety? then maybe...but personally i don't see us doing it. we'd be ridiculed by everyone and the vast majority of our fanbase know that

I hope you're right!

I actually don't see the season getting "finished" anyway.  If a game has already been called off because a manager has covid, it won't be the last time that happens. And the second wave incoming from the protestors that ignored distancing advice will probably mean restrictions can be expected in ~2 weeks time.

Maybe I just see everything negatively now. 

6 hours ago, John said:

I really don't think that Villa fans would head to the city centre. We wouldn't have won anything and we know the difference, as Villa fans, I think it would be more of a feeling of relief for us. 

I agree with your other points although I don't think Liverpool celebrations would be confined to Liverpool and Southampton, what about London and sadly Birmingham? :rolleyes:

Maybe not en masse,  but I do think there would be enough of a gathering for it to be newsworthy, primarily of the younger parts of our fan base, just as an excuse if nothing else.

As for liverpool fan celebrations around the country, you're probably right. It's definitely a matter of time  before we find that out

Let's hope we stay up and get to find out what our fans will do!

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

One of our goals from today, nice bit of play 

No idea what the actual scores were but we played a game at Villa Park then another set of players played away at Leicester

Edited by Farlz
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

One of our goals from today, nice bit of play 

No idea what the actual scores were but we played a game at Villa Park then another set of players played away at Leicester

Looked offside, Smith out!

Interestng that we won the away game but lost the home game. Only a small example but makes you wonder if in a small way it suggests that home advantage might be lost without a crowd.