Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bournemouth missing King as well

Wouldn't mind them dropping into 18th and 19th.

Would do me just fine. Norwich to stay where they are of course

Do you think they will eventually back down and play?

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Do you think they will eventually back down and play?

No.

Both are good players. They'll get picked up by some mid table clubs i recon. If their clubs get relegated.

I'd take both at Villa even though i can't see a world where Troy would want to join us..

Edited by villalad21

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's not what anyone is saying

Why is it safe to play football but not safe to see your family? Or get your hair cut? 

"because they are tested" is bollocks because like I said if i am tested and negative and my dad is tested and negative I still can't meet him round his house to watch the football 

The standards of it are all over the shop

Can't you see your family in the park now? I guess they're saying walking with your Dad around a park for however long if you don't live with him is same as spending 45 minutes on a training pitch with team mates but not being in the dressing room with them at this point.

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think Barbers will open after football restarts. Probably the highest risk of all shops to reopen. No new cases in London today. Its quite possible that this virus could just die out without the need of a vaccine. 

Probably the wrong thread but no new cases in London sounds too good to be true and the last place you'd suspect it to happen given the majority of UK public transport use is happening there with the tube still pretty busy at rush hour.

Good news anyway for perhaps a months time for other parts of the country.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Probably the wrong thread but no new cases in London sounds too good to be true and the last place you'd suspect it to happen given the majority of UK public transport use is happening there with the tube still pretty busy at rush hour.

I know but daily new cases there have been down to double figures for a while now.  Up North is probably the worst now. 

They’ve cancelled relegation in Ligue 2 in France. I read that they’ll play 22 teams there. Hopefully that Toulouse and Amiens win their case and stay up. One of the most ridiculous things to do, yes Toulouse were far behind, but to just drop Amiens, then get the first two who are only one and two points above third, three above fourth, 4 above fifth with a lot of the season gone. Just putting relegation teams as scapegoats (while they’re the most ones that will have problems through that decision) is bad from them. Hopefully Amiens sue them so that all Leagues stops these jokes.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Solely looking at football, if Deeney stays away from Watford that's huge and they'll probably go down. He is the heartbeat of that team.

Think Defeulou being injured still will be bigger but then Pearson knows what to do in this situation.

I'd say we need to finish above Bournemouth and Brighton who on paper have run ins as tough or tougher than we do.

The big unknown is which teams will react better to BCD home and away. I think with us it will go two ways. We could suffer from not having fantastic evening atmosphere v likes of Sheffield united and Palace. At the same time though loads of players down the years have said how hard it's to play at Villa Park when the crowd are groaning at misplaced passes after 10 minutes so perhaps silence will help some of the younger ones not tense up so easily.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think Defeulou being injured still will be bigger but then Pearson knows what to do in this situation.

I think Delefeou is back, but Watford fans are concerned about whether he'll be very keen as he's linked with having been tapped up by Arsenal.

I think the football will come down to the teams that clubs decide to select - how much each club cares about a game.

• Like 1

Looking at the training pictures posted on Twitter i feel really proud of the players. Despite being 19th and under a pandemic they all seem to be buzzing to be back.

Made me feel really excited  and hopeful for the run in. I believe we can survive with Super John Mcginn back

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Looking at the training pictures posted on Twitter i feel really proud of the players. Despite being 19th and under a pandemic they all seem to be buzzing to be back.

Made me feel really excited  and hopeful for the run in. I believe we can survive with Super John Mcginn back

I think we will survive too. I understand players from clubs concerns but it just feeds negative energy.  I don't think we've heard anything negative from the Villa camp. Best way keep your mouths shut. 

Edited by PaulC

A lot of fans had convinced themselves that season wasn't going to continue, some even insisting that it would be voided. The fans thinking like that is one thing but for a footballer if you convince yourself that season is over then it must be hard to get back into the right frame of mind if you're then told that the season isn't in fact over. So I think the teams that will do the best when it returns will be the ones who managed to stay focused mentally, even during the break managers will still have had a very important job to do in keepng the players' minds focused.

• Like 1

Issues with Sticky Balls....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11671197/premier-league-sticky-balls-training-players-coronavirus/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1590009870

But the disinfectant that is being sprayed onto balls has reacted in the hot weather, causing the surface to become tacky and affecting movement.

Some players also claim sessions are not fit for purpose as they build up fitness ahead of a planned match return next mont