Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Absolutely ridiculous 

Its not fair at all

Argument at moment seems to be if they end season your relegated but they will allow play offs to happen for promotion ...

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not having leeds or wba getting promoted when they havent even finiahed their season yet we expected to and go down

Completely agree

Sounds like league 1 and 2 have a vote on unweighted PPG with the notion that if they want to play then they will have to pay for their own testing hanging over that vote

Its shit that the PL / EFL / FA won't dip in to their cash reserves or let cash trickle down but that is what it is, The championship and PL don't have the same financial constraints 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

Argument at moment seems to be if they end season your relegated but they will allow play offs to happen for promotion ...

Like to see how they manage to get that one done. in league one wycombe are on same points as 6th but outside the play offs and have a game in hand on 6th place.

What a utter mess

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Completely agree

Sounds like league 1 and 2 have a vote on unweighted PPG with the notion that if they want to play then they will have to pay for their own testing hanging over that vote

Its shit that the PL / EFL / FA won't dip in to their cash reserves or let cash trickle down but that is what it is, The championship and PL don't have the same financial constraints 

Personally the championship should have a vote thwy have to furfill the same amount percentage fixtures as the pl and have promotion relegation.  Or don't play but no promotions/relegations

11 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

This ☝️

One or two here need to get their head around the fact that relegation will happen, complete season or not. We must get ourselves out of the bottom 3 ASAP, by playing and winning points. That is our only hope. Accept it, quickly.

And if football doesnt restart because we have a slight spike or more players have the virus over the next couple of weeks or refuse to play/train in phase two or three of this farcical restart that relegation will happen.  You can get your head around it and weakly accept it but I and guess many others wont accept it.  Why should we!  That kind of mentality is why these governing bodies get away with so much farcical things.

Edited by nick76

34 minutes ago, Nabby said:

EFL confirm Relegation from all 3 leagues will go ahead even if season not finished 

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/may/efl-statement-coronavirus-update2

I'm amazed people are still surprised by this.

It's either completing the season or relegation. You better start getting your head around it.

Edited by villalad21

26 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

This ☝️

One or two here need to get their head around the fact that relegation will happen, complete season or not. We must get ourselves out of the bottom 3 ASAP, by playing and winning points. That is our only hope. Accept it, quickly.

Yes no way will the Premier League not relegate 3 teams now. We have to do it ourselves. 

We had no hopes of survival before the virus arrived. We looked utterly clueless, out of ideas and were heading for 20th.

A freak incident have now given us a second chance. We've got McGinn back hopefully and maybe without fans it won't be as daunting for us to play away games.

Yes VP won't be the same without the fans but maybe that could lift some pressure off the boys. It's not easy for everyone to play in front of 42 000 people with expectations.

Edited by villalad21

33 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

This ☝️

And how are we going to do that ? We have a terrible run in and I cant remember when we last played like a team that was capable of winning☹️

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We had no hopes of survival before the virus arrived. We looked utterly clueless, out of ideas and were heading for 20th.

A freak incident have now given us a second chance. We've got McGinn back hopefully and maybe without fans it won't be as daunting for us to play away games.

Yes VP won't be the same without the fans but maybe that could lift some pressure off the boys. It's not easy for everyone to play in front of 42 000 people with expectations.

Considering most our points and best performances  have come at  home I'd say playing with no fans at home will hurt us 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

And how are we going to do that ? We have a terrible run in and I cant remember when we last played like a team that was capable of winning☹️

Dean need to adapt his tactics for a start.

Needs to stop being delusional thinking we can go toe to toe with the big guns.

Lambert from time to time managed to get results against the big teams, even beat Man City once because he realized we were a limited team that had to sit deep and try hit teams on the counter.

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Considering most our points and best performances  have come at  home I'd say playing with no fans at home will hurt us 

But it's the same for every home team.

I think it still will be a slight advantage playing at home. No traveling. Familiar surroundings etc

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Dean need to adapt his tactics for a start.

Needs to stop being delusional thinking we can go toe to toe with the big guns.

Lambert from time to time managed to get results against the big teams, even beat Man City once because he realized we were a limited team that had to sit deep and try hit teams on the counter.

I think we have left it too late for that.

Just now, villalad21 said:

But it's the same for every home team.

I think it still will be a slight advantage playing at home. No traveling. Familiar surroundings etc

Yes but 1) We have more home games left than others 2) Most out our points come at home so we are one of the ones most effected 

Back to EFL as far as I see it teams can now do the maths and see where they get on ppg and vote ,so Championship may still not actually play to a finish .If your Leeds and WBA you will vote to end it as pointless playing games that could see you g out of top 2 when PPG guarantees staying there .L2/L1 can't really afford to play it needs 51% vote across 3 leagues to not play I wouldnt be surprised to see them get that 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Yes but 1) We have more home games left than others 2) Most out our points come at home so we are one of the ones most effected 

Back to EFL as far as I see it teams can now do the maths and see where they get on ppg and vote ,so Championship may still not actually play to a finish .If your Leeds and WBA you will vote to end it as pointless playing games that could see you g out of top 2 when PPG guarantees staying there .L2/L1 can't really afford to play it needs 51% vote across 3 leagues to not play I wouldnt be surprised to see them get that 

Our away games are easier though so I think we can collect a fair few points on the road. 

44 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Mcginn can’t play quite clear as not in training pictures 

I'm not quite sure on this yet - with the players training in small groups, it looks like the photographers might be limited to one group per day - the pictures today are of a completely different group to those taken yesterday.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not quite sure on this yet - with the players training in small groups, it looks like the photographers might be limited to one group per day - the pictures today are of a completely different group to those taken yesterday.

I was about to say this as it could be that. I think we wont see el ghaZi playing as he is doing Ramadan so it would be really hard on someone like that