Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not quite sure on this yet - with the players training in small groups, it looks like the photographers might be limited to one group per day - the pictures today are of a completely different group to those taken yesterday.

Seen a quote from Mark Regan of WM saying "McGinn Is Ready". Can't find it now of course because FB's search is wank

39 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

And how are we going to do that ? We have a terrible run in and I cant remember when we last played like a team that was capable of winning☹️

Every game is winnable. The only fixture we have remaining that I thought “we’ll get nothing there” was at Liverpool, and even  the dynamics of that fixture could change if they’ve wrapped up the title by that time. You can’t tell me you’re overly worried about home fixtures against Sheffield Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Man Utd, Wolves? None of those teams exactly tearing up the league, are they?! And we have two very winnable away ties at Newcastle and West Ham. We should have McGinn back and also Keinan Davis. Compared to where we were when the football stopped it’s all positive. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I was about to say this as it could be that. I think we wont see el ghaZi playing as he is doing Ramadan so it would be really hard on someone like that

Been  a pic of him today 

Him /Hause /Luiz /Vassilev and Davis so far today

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Every game is winnable. The only fixture we have remaining that I thought “we’ll get nothing there” was at Liverpool, and even  the dynamics of that fixture could change if they’ve wrapped up the title by that time. You can’t tell me you’re overly worried about home fixtures against Sheffield Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Man Utd, Wolves? None of those teams exactly tearing up the league, are they?! And we have two very winnable away ties at Newcastle and West Ham. We should have McGinn back and also Keinan Davis. Compared to where we were when the football stopped it’s all positive. 

4 of those teams can make Champs league , especially if it goes to 5th place. The most winable games we have left are Palace and Newcastle IMO .United were in form before league stopped and have Rashford and Pogba back .As for West Ham thats potentially a winner stays up 6 pointer could go either way

23 hours ago, villalad21 said:

"Why is it not allowed to go to the barber but it's ok to play football"

It's not allowed to play football Troy. When it's finally safe to play football again i'm sure you can take a trip to your barber.

How can you possibly get annoyed with a bloke terrified about the health of his 5 year old son?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How can you possibly get annoyed with a bloke terrified about the health of his 5 year old son?

I don't have a problem with him staying at home. I get annoyed when he is saying stupid things.

If he is scared for his children he could isolate himself from them for a couple of months. If he doesn't want to return that is up to him.

Just now, villalad21 said:

I don't have a problem with him staying at home. I get annoyed when he is saying stupid things.

If he is scared for his children he could isolate himself from them for a couple of months. If he doesn't want to return that is up to him.

Maybe he is using his platform to speak out for others who maybe won't be listened to or haven't got the courage to stand up publicly but still have these concerns. 

What has he said thats stupid?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Maybe he is using his platform to speak out for others who maybe won't be listened to or haven't got the courage to stand up publicly but still have these concerns. 

What has he said thats stupid?

Comparing the safety of attendances with crowds to no crowd and 22 corona tested players on the pitch is stupid.

Comparing the safety of a barber shop with non tested customers to a training ground with tested players coupled with other safety rules is also stupid.

Football will be safer than most other work places is it really that difficult to understand?

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Comparing the safety of attendances with crowds to no crowd and 22 corona tested players on the pitch is stupid.

Comparing the safety of a barber shop with non tested customers to a training ground with tested players coupled with other safety rules is also stupid.

Football will be safer than most other work places is it really that difficult to understand?

If you read his concerns he said simple questions couldn’t be answered and until such a time as they are he is staying a way for the health of his family and being from BAME background who are at more risk.

What’s stupid about that ? Your comments can come across as a stupid  and ill informed at time’s and yet some are also insightful and spot on. 🤔

I thought people from Cali were supposed to be chill... 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You really are on a different planet to human beings!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It will be safer, is it 100% safe? 3 members of his club have tested positive. How did that happen if all this is so safe?

He is extremely worried about the health of his son, is it really that difficult to understand. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You really are on a different planet to human beings!

Ok then.

There are people that sometimes have to go on business trips. Sometimes for months and leave their kids with their mother/father or another relative. Are they on a different planet to human beings?

No one is forcing him to do anything. If he wants to play football there are ways to isolate himself in protection of his kids. But again it's up to him. I don't have a problem with him staying at home.

Why are you always trying to twist what I am really saying?

Edited by villalad21

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It will be safer, is it 100% safe? 3 members of his club have tested positive. How did that happen if all this is so safe?

He is extremely worried about the health of his son, is it really that difficult to understand. 

No it's not difficult to understand and I have no issues with him staying at home.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

No it's not difficult to understand and I have no issues with him staying at home.

Then why is he stupid for airing the reason he is staying home ? It makes no sense as surely  the two are mutually exclusive ? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There are people that sometimes have to go on business trips. Sometimes for months and leave their kids with their mother/father or another relative.

No one is forcing him to do anything. If he wants to play football there are ways to isolate himself in protection of his kids. But again it's up to him. I don't have a problem with him staying at home.

Why are you always trying to twist what I am really saying?

How many business trips are physically   being taken currently during this global pandemic which worst case scenario results in death ??? It’s not a good analogy under the current circumstances can’t you see that ? 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Ok then.

There are people that sometimes have to go on business trips. Sometimes for months and leave their kids with their mother/father or another relative.

No one is forcing him to do anything. If he wants to play football there is ways to isolate himself in protection of his kids. But again it's up to him. I don't have a problem with him staying at home.

I have a number of comments back to that but it’s pointless with you.

You want football whatever it costs, doesn’t matter about human feelings, health or life.

You just want the puppets to dance for your amusement doesn’t matter the cost, the health, the integrity or the consequence both to the players, football or to Aston Villa’s position.

• Like 1