Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

6 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

I’m not sure about the loan situation and whether he’s available, but I’d think that there could be a role to play for Jacob Ramsey? Young, energetic, talented. These upcoming games behind closed doors could be an ideal situation to get players such as Ramsey and Vassilev in and around the first 11. These last 10 games are going to be a sprint, fitness and energy will be vital. Two young and exuberant players could be just the extra bit of fizz we need to give us an edge. 

Also no crowd to effect them.

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep I know, can only see one member of another household, so has to choose between parents to see and cant see any other family member even if he is two metres away but must play football.

Being genuine now, it's a disgrace that he broke lockdown rules but some of the lockdown rules are crazy in there hypocrisy around what they are achieving. 

I’m not bothered that he broke the rule, it’s going on everywhere, I just don’t get his stupidity showing it off on social media. Gives footballers a bad name 

9 minutes ago, trom_borg said:

Try reading your own linked article one more time

PPG is the most likely outcome.

Deeney is probably thinking women are the real winners here and that the men are slaves to the system.

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If his mate had been tested and it was negative would he be allowed to do it then? 

No because its still classed as unsafe

But 22 footballers all tested... 

No but barbers and hairdressers aren’t allowed to open yet so neither should having your own personal hairdresser come to your house and cut your hair 

Germany has much lower infection rates,deaths and has much stricter guidelines for players.A player is not allowed to leave his house for any reason apart from playing football and training.This is going to minimise the risk of transmissions.

We on the other hand are going about it in a poorly managed way as has been typical of the whole Covid response.

I don’t think football should be resuming now but if it is why not have all players from each team stay in a hotel for 6 weeks and that reduces chance of spreading it to family members.

Just now, PaulC said:

No but barbers and hairdressers aren’t allowed to open yet so neither should having your own personal hairdresser come to your house and cut your hair 

That's the point! 

Why if a barber not allowed to work if he has been tested and is negative but a footballer has to go back to training? 

Why are footballers who have tested negative not allowed to see family members who have also tested negative? 

Because the government says it is not safe

So why is football declared as safe? And even if it is why should footballers accept it whilst everything else is locked down? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Only2McInallys said:

why not have all players from each team stay in a hotel for 6 weeks and that reduces chance of spreading it to family members.

I don't think footballers would like to be told where to live

Just now, villa4europe said:

Why if a barber not allowed to work if he has been tested and is negative but a footballer has to go back to training? 

Because all his customers won't be tested.

Everyone on the training ground will be weekly tested.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think footballers would like to be told where to live

I don't think anyone would

How many of us would accept we can go back to work but have to live in a hotel with our work colleagues? I wouldn't 

• Like 1

That's not why aurier is in trouble though

It was 2 people in a private hair cut which isn't allowed regardless of testing 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes of course this is mainly about money. No one is denying that fact.

Top clubs spend a lot of money and they need income. 

Restarting football will also help the women teams as most of them are connected with the men's teams.

So you have changed your tune, where previously you have focused on it being "almost 100% safe" to now the focus is about money. 

But if it's almost 100% safe now, why cant the women play? 

That's the part I dont understand, as you say they are connected with the men's teams, training and games will be one of the safest environments, so why cant they play? 

If the Average Joe has to go to work and arent tested why cant they continue with Women's football, I just dont understand.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

but what about the days in between where those footballers have mixed with other people outside of football that havent been tested?  That's almost 7 days of risk of catching and then spreading the disease.....it doesnt sound "almost 100% safe" to me.

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So in the mens game, we have Liverpool on the verge of winning the division and Villa on the verge of relegation and in the women's leagues we have Liverpool on the verge of relegation and Villa on the verge of winning the division.

I would imagine we'd see a consistent approach to the best way to complete both leagues from the clubs.

You would think so wouldn't you..;)

Consistency has already gone out of the window though, I guess there wasn't enough money to be made in getting the women's league restarted. I expect they will be just as determined to get Liverpool relegated and Villa promoted, as they are to get Leeds up and us relegated, in the men's game though! :rolleyes:  

Edited by John
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

but what about the days in between where those footballers have mixed with other people outside of football that havent been tested?  That's almost 7 days of risk of catching and then spreading the disease.....it doesnt sound "almost 100% safe" to me.

We can't sit and wait for a vaccine. That could be years away.

There is next to no money in women's football. You know that. I know that. Less things at stake for clubs.

You claim you aim for football being back in August/September yet you seem dead set on it having to be 100 % safe before we can start playing again.

What is your stand again?

That's not what anyone is saying

Why is it safe to play football but not safe to see your family? Or get your hair cut? 

"because they are tested" is bollocks because like I said if i am tested and negative and my dad is tested and negative I still can't meet him round his house to watch the football 

The standards of it are all over the shop

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's not what anyone is saying

Why is it safe to play football but not safe to see your family? Or get your hair cut? 

"because they are tested" is bollocks because like I said if i am tested and negative and my dad is tested and negative I still can't meet him round his house to watch the football 

The standards of it are all over the shop

No one is suggesting playing football right now.

The aim is to get where Germany are now somewhere in mid June. We take it step by step within an enclosed area taking many safety precautions. It's more controlled than random people attending the barber.

Edited by villalad21

I don’t know let’s see how it goes and if it fails it fails. It’s just another business that is trying to get restarted at the end of the day. Same with other lines of work a lot of people are sceptical of going back 

• Like 1

No one is suggesting playing football right now.

The aim is to get where Germany are now somewhere in mid June. We take it step by step within an enclosed area taking many safety precautions. It's more controlled than random people attending the barber.

The Bundesliga players are back in training

My Wednesday night over 32s team is back in training

The Bundesliga is playing games Saturday, me and my father in law are going to the pub to watch a game Saturday afternoon 

The UK is not getting to where Germany is

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There is next to no money in women's football. You know that. I know that. Less things at stake for clubs.

You claim you aim for football being back in August/September yet you seem dead set on it having to be 100 % safe before we can start playing again.

What is your stand again?

See i was right!

I said my stance yesterday after you requested and I wrote a long post and you didnt reply,

I commented later that day you hadnt responded and

then again this morning you didnt respond. 

I said you would wait some time and ask the same question again as if nobody had answered before and here we are 24 hours later and you are asking again.

Troll!!!

troll.jpg

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1