Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I never said 100 % sure to be fair.

To be fair, you almost did 23 hours ago ;)

"I'm almost 100 % certain no players or staff will get infected during this training period."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

tell you what though - apparently the test itself is horrendous. my wife had it done on monday and they have to really dig in there - both up your nose and down your throat - to get a good scraping. according to the nurse that conducted my wife, some people can stand it better than others and suspects that some negatives could be false due to insufficient swabbing.

so imagine having to get that done a few times a week just so you can go to work :puke:

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

If the requirement is for it to be 100 % safe we'll have to wait for a vaccine.

Strap yourself in for possible 1-2 years break from football then. Also i don't know how clubs are supposed to survive in this scenario

I'm not saying that, but I think some footballers are expecting it. It's as safe as it can be for football that's all i'm saying, certainly much safer than many other occupations at the moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

tell you what though - apparently the test itself is horrendous. my wife had it done on monday and they have to really dig in there - both up your nose and down your throat - to get a good scraping. according to the nurse that conducted my wife, some people can stand it better than others and suspects that some negatives could be false due to insufficient swabbing.

so imagine having to get that done a few times a week just so you can go to work :puke:

I hope she never has an endoscopy 🙁

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Bollx

Are the hair dressers tested twice a week and everyone who goes in there tested negative too. It's also a closed environment, unlike a training ground football pitch

You will know in football everyone around you is negative. It's never gonna be 100% but as close to 99% as it can be. Comparing it to having your hair cut is ludicrous. Guess he never goes the supermarket or down the park.  There is risk everywhere.

and what happened to mount, rice, aurier, ndombele and Mourinho when they did?

im not saying football isn't going to be safe, im saying that after months of what they've been told, months of not being able to see their family, still today not being able to see their family, the PL has said they have to go back to training...and some of the players are saying why? for morale of the country? for money? god forbid a well paid footballer asks the question what is all this in aid of and then getting the very cynical thought that football is returning for the wrong reasons (which it is)

a multi millionaire says I will go back to work when the lockdown ends and if you don't like it then don't pay me - what has he done wrong?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

It's not that bad, just like a cotton bud at the back of your throat, can make you gag a bit that's all, up the nose is nothing. You can do it yourself at some testing stations (Tamworth recently being one) had my 3rd and Mrs had her 4th after being positive for 5 weeks now negative.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's not that bad, just like a cotton bud at the back of your throat, can make you gag a bit that's all, up the nose is nothing. You can do it yourself at some testing stations (Tamworth recently being one) had my 3rd and Mrs had her 4th after being positive for 5 weeks now negative.

i guess like all these thing it depends on the person doing it too. in her team, two of the girls who gt it done had nose bleeds and one fainted. guess you just hope you dont get a nurse too clumsy/ enthusiatic/ heavy handed

3 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

i guess like all these thing it depends on the person doing it too. in her team, two of the girls who gt it done had nose bleeds and one fainted. guess you just hope you dont get a nurse too clumsy/ enthusiatic/ heavy handed

That's a bit heavy handed yeah defo, but you do get that unfortunately.

The Premier League is giving millions to a company which Rio Ferdinand is a shareholder of for coronavirus tests, with 98.8% accuracy. Whereas, you can buy a test from Superdrug for £69pp with 97.5% sensitivity  and 100% specificity, promising no false positives if you have no coronavirus antibodies. Both have a 48-hour window of results.

• Like 1

that's what I mean, that's bollocks, he'll be forced to apologise (again) and make a donation of his wages to the NHS, he can leave his house and play football but he cant have a mate come round his house and cut his hair

why should he say yes to that? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Crazy times!

Not really has his mate been tested for the virus before entering his house. He must be so dumb that he thinks he can post a picture on social media showing his new haircut and get away with it. Does he not understand the lockdown rules. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Not really has his mate been tested for the virus before entering his house. He must be so dumb that he thinks he can post a picture on social media showing his new haircut and get away with it. Does he not understand the lockdown rules. 

Yep I know, can only see one member of another household, so has to choose between parents to see and cant see any other family member even if he is two metres away but must play football.

Being genuine now, it's a disgrace that he broke lockdown rules but some of the lockdown rules are crazy in there hypocrisy around what they are achieving. 

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If his mate had been tested and it was negative would he be allowed to do it then? 

No because its still classed as unsafe

But 22 footballers all tested... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well this is a disgrace isnt it?

I'm almost 100 % certain no players or staff will get infected during this training period if they returned, it's safer than going to a hairdressers.  Why cant these female footballers go back to work likely the average Joe is, they are going to be in the safest work environment in the country with the tests they would get at these clubs.

I just dont understand, isnt this sexism that the men have to go back to work in this environment (very safe environment, safest environment, almost 100% safe) and the women dont have to.  Both are some of the fittest athletes in the country so risk to them is low, isn't that right but now half the workforce goes back to work and half arent.....it makes no sense. 🤔

I dont understand why!

😉

Yes of course this is mainly about money. No one is denying that fact.

Top clubs spend a lot of money and they need income. 

Restarting football will also help the women teams as most of them are connected with the men's teams.