Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I personally don't care whether it restarts or not I just don't like it when footballers make themselves out to be victims. Villalad is right that it will be a lot safer for them to work than other people who are already working or going back to work. yes its a contact sport but with all the testing it sure be pretty safe. There are other issues I know but they are not victims and being used as Guinee pigs. Troy Deeney and Tammy Abraham have every right to not want to go back, the same as anybody in any other line of work that are living with a vunerable person. 

Chris wilder made a really good point on Sky this morning he said the players need to be prepared for the relentless challenge of the PL. You play the same mentality to fight for every minute of a game, just wish our players and management had the same philosophy. 

For years my Dad always said Villa wee a soft touch, we have been again this season. I just hope we can turn it around and the break will help us and freshen us up.

My only worry is first defeat back and our confidence would be shattered! 

3 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Problem with that is our first game is Chelsea who had Kante and Abraham injured but now fit , so yes McGinn back is a bonus for us but other teams will get the same boost.

On Watford as good as deeney is for them Sarr is the one you would want to be missing for them

Abraham is living with a dad who is asthmatic. Very doubtful if he will turn up.

The company cannot guarantee 100% accuracy with its test results.

Prenetics chief executive Avi Lasarow told Sportsmail that their tests were approximately 98.8 per cent accurate - in line with those conducted by the NHS.

That means, of every 800, an average of nearly 10 tests would return false negatives or positives.

'If you start to run samples twice within the same window,' Lasarow insisted, 'obviously the accuracy is enhanced even further.'

Based on Prenetics' analysis, the chances of a single person returning inaccurate results twice in the same week is nearly 7,000 to one.

A 48-hour wait is enough to spread the virus to others, be it in training, at home, on the pitch.

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I personally don't care whether it restarts or not I just don't like it when footballers make themselves out to be victims. Villalad is right that it will be a lot safer for them to work than other people who are already working or going back to work. yes its a contact sport but with all the testing it sure be pretty safe. There are other issues I know but they are not victims and being used as Guinee pigs. Troy Deeney and Tammy Abraham have every right to not want to go back, the same as anybody in any other line of work that are living with a vunerable person. 

Exactly. What is more safe?

A pitch of 22 tested very fit human beings running around or a work place with hundreds of non tested people?

If IT workers go to work why can't footballers? None are "necessary" for survival, only really health workers and stores that provides food are.

Football is a business like any other business. It provides a workplace for hundred of people so it's important that we get back.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Exactly. What is more safe?

A pitch of 22 tested very fit human beings running around or a work places with hundreds of non tested people?

If IT workers go to work why can't footballers? None are "necessary" for survival, only really health workers and stores that provides food are.

Football is a business like any other business. It provides a workplace for hundred of people so it's important that we get back.

Yes and the danger of many of these workers travelling to and fro work using public transport. There’s no comparison. 

Smell the corruption:

Avi Lasarow, whose Prenetics business is backed by former football star Rio Ferdinand as an adviser and shareholder, today confirmed the company had won the football contract (from last week).

From last year:

"As well as the campaigning side, Ferdinand has always had a touch of the Del Boy about him. Sometimes it is hard to distinguish between Rio the crusader and Rio the wheeler-dealer. And today is such an occasion. He is flanked by a member of his sports management team and a publicist representing DNAFit, a nutrigenetics company that has created a simple saliva swab test it claims will transform lives. Nutrigenetics is an emerging – and as yet largely unproven – science that studies the interaction between genes and nutrition, with the hope of preventing disease."

Who's involved? None other than Avrom (Avi) Lasarow (pictured)

4000.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

• Like 2

Can see why Deeney refuses to train.

Coronavirus: Watford player and two staff test positive

Premier League on Tuesday confirmed six positive cases across three clubs; Burnley said assistant manager Ian Woan tested positive

A club statement said: "Watford Football Club confirms that three people have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus following testing at the training ground over the past 48 hours.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11991313/coronavirus-watford-player-and-two-staff-test-positive

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Non problematic.

Wait a few days and test the whole team again and see who is fit to train.

What i'm curious to know is how long it takes to get the results after taking these tests.

14 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

But no, @villalad21 is 100% sure that players won't get it on the training ground so how can the test itself not be 100% sure???

You say 100% sure. So why are they social distancing on the training pitch, parking couple of cars length apart, training only in small groups, turning up in kit.

To be fair I myself think it's gonna be one of the safest environments to be in, not sure why footballers are still flapping, when everyone they will be involved in will have a negative test. Even if the likes of Deeney had a positive test, which is going to be extremely rare, he would just hotel it for 7 days, no risk to friends or family. Ok maybe he don't want the risk, but neither do the NHS staff, but do they really have a choice. You can't expect to live the dream everyday of your life.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I agree with this. So many people work all the time. And those who can't, won't.

The game itself is played outside, which is good. I would be more worried about the locker room and transport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

You say 100% sure. So why are they social distancing on the training pitch, parking couple of cars length apart, training only in small groups, turning up in kit.

To be fair I myself think it's gonna be one of the safest environments to be in, not sure why footballers are still flapping, when everyone they will be involved in will have a negative test. Even if the likes of Deeney had a positive test, which is going to be extremely rare, he would just hotel it for 7 days, no risk to friends or family. Ok maybe he don't want the risk, but neither do the NHS staff, but do they really have a choice. You can't expect to live the dream everyday of your life.

I never said 100 % sure to be fair.

Regardless what is the point? It has to be 100 % safe until we can return? So wait for a vaccine then? It isn't 100 % safe in Germany yet they are playing.

Are you people prepared to wait 2 years for a possible vaccine and just watch clubs go out of business?

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

deeney is again spot on

can he get his hair cut? no because its not safe

but football is?

until the government changes the rules and opens the country up then why should he play?  

But things in England can change in June/July. That is the hope

England could be where Germany are now. No reason to make any rash decisions yet

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

But things in England can change in June/July. That is the hope

that's different...

if the rules change then the approach changes with it but if the player isn't allowed to leave his house and go get his hair cut or go see his parents and family then why should he go to training? how is one deemed safe but the other isn't? because footballers are tested? then how many footballers would rather get their family tested and see them instead? because its their job and its what they're paid to do? deeney has already said don't pay him then, unfortunately football has put these players in the privileged position where they are already rich and therefore have power over this

if the lockdown ends then my sympathy has gone but after 2 months of being told not to leave the house, not to see anyone, players getting fines and slaughtered in the press if they are caught outside because its too dangerous out there then im not surprised footballers are now saying **** off

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

deeney is again spot on

can he get his hair cut? no because its not safe

but football is?

until the government changes the rules and opens the country up then why should he play?  

Bollx

Are the hair dressers tested twice a week and everyone who goes in there tested negative too. It's also a closed environment, unlike a training ground football pitch

You will know in football everyone around you is negative. It's never gonna be 100% but as close to 99% as it can be. Comparing it to having your hair cut is ludicrous. Guess he never goes the supermarket or down the park.  There is risk everywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Bollx

Are the hair dressers tested twice a week and everyone who goes in there tested negative too. It's also a closed environment, unlike a training ground football pitch

You will know in football everyone around you is negative. It's never gonna be 100% but as close to 99% as it can be. Comparing it to having your hair cut is ludicrous. Guess he never goes the supermarket or down the park.  There is risk everywhere.

If the requirement is for it to be 100 % safe we'll have to wait for a vaccine.

Strap yourself in for possible 1-2 years break from football then. Also i don't know how clubs are supposed to survive in this scenario