Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Leicester are a good team but overrated, they had that amazing run before Christmas but I think that was about momentum just as much as anything else, now they're kind of leveling off to their truer level, think they've only won two games in their last ten matches and in that time were also knocked out of the league cup by us. The bad news is that if Chelsea, Man Utd and Tottenham win tomorrow they might start worrying that their place in the top four could be under threat, which means they'll be all the more motivated against us.

Edited by useless

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

They've still got aways at Sheffield United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man. City to play. Really going to have to win their last five home games to stand a chance imo.

I actually think that's a decent result for us in the long run. Could do with them beating West Ham and Brighton in the run in which they'd be very motivated to do now.

Also still got the worst GD by a long way so that's another point against them.

Agreed and ultimately i think they will drop. Just saying they shouldnt be discounted.

• Like 1

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Agreed and ultimately i think they will drop. Just saying they shouldnt be discounted.

Pretty much but again if they're staying up they're going to have to beat Brighton and West Ham realistically. Oh and at least a point at Watford which looks the away game they're most likely to pick up some points in.

So do that and that at least means the survival target should be a bit lower which will obviously help us.

I honestly can't see more than 5 more points for us till the end of the season. All those errors that we thought would get ironed out simply haven't been. Norwich looked far more impressive than us tonight,,,,, speed and energy,,, somethi g we are sadly lacking

We're effectively 5 points ahead of Norwich with a game in hand tonight,  thanks to our superior goal difference.

Tonight's result doesn't make things look any more comfortable for us, but another 14 points remains what we need to get to stay up. I can't see Norwich getting 19 points from their last ten games, to finish above us, if we hit that total, or another two of the bottom six getting to 39-40 points. We are clear of the bottom three, so it's in our hands and out of their control.

Edited by John

6 minutes ago, John said:

We're effectively 5 points ahead of Norwich with a game in hand tonight,  thanks to our superior goal difference.

Tonight's result doesn't make things look any more comfortable for us, but another 14 points remains what we need to get to stay up. I can't see Norwich getting 19 points from their last ten games, to finish above us, if we hit that total, or another two of the bottom six getting to 39-40 points. We are clear of the bottom three, so it's in our hands and out of their control.

35 points has been enough to survive last 3 seasons. 40 is just magic number invented by media

• Like 2

There are going to be ups and downs before the end of the season. After sunday what we need to focus on is our matches and learn how to grind some results out and be more solid. The goals will take care of themselves. If we do that, we have a chance but it is going to be difficult as we have thrown so many points away already this season which is so frustrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bretonvilla said:

I honestly can't see more than 5 more points for us till the end of the season. All those errors that we thought would get ironed out simply haven't been. Norwich looked far more impressive than us tonight,,,,, speed and energy,,, somethi g we are sadly lacking

I've got us down for another 8 which will leave us short unless those below us do even worse.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

In recent months I’ve actually thought Norwich have looked alright when I’ve seen them play. They should have beaten us at Villa Park too with the chances they had. They will believe they can still stay up. 

Which is somehow good, as they'll play West Ham, Brighton and Watford. If they don't get beaten by them then that's great for us.

I think it's also got to get Leicester more nervous, I know we usually lose to teams that are out of form. But we've done Leicester in a 2 leg games. I think we can cause them a lot of damage.

It would be fantastic if we go there while winning the cup and helped by other teams in being still out of the bottom 3.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

35 points has been enough to survive last 3 seasons. 40 is just magic number invented by media

35 would be a lot easier for us to get, so I hope that it will be this season as well, but I think we may need another 3 or 4 points this time. :(   

10 hours ago, bretonvilla said:

we're lucky to get 5 points.

This team is dog shit

Well we were awful during xmas and still won two games in 6 days.

The two key games to me are Newcastle away and Palace at home (Monday night under the lights etc). We'll have to win both as I can't see us winning many of the other games. If we do hopefully we can string a couple more draws and odd win straight after those games.

Today there are some huge games being played. Lets see how they go first. 

5 important games to be played today, all are relevant to us.

Brighton Vs Palace

Bournemouth Vs Chelsea

Newcastle Vs Burnley

West Ham Vs Southampton 

Watford Vs Liverpool 

Three of them is like Villa are playing today. Two are also relevant and still very important to us. 

If it all goes our way then thats a huge plus for us. Even without playing.

We all thought the point tally would be very high this season. It still can but definitely not as when all bottom three teams were winning points for fun.

Lets begin with cheering for Crystal Palace. I even got Zaha in my fantasy team so he can hopefully do something against Brighton.