Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I thought our goal difference would be at Norwich levels of badness, after our 6-1, 3-0, 3-1, 2-0 and 4-1 losses since December, but it’s not too bad.

-14 goal difference

Same as Bournemouth, one goal better than Watford and 2-3 goals worse off than Newcastle and West Ham. Brighton’s goal difference looks much better than ours though, at -7. That could really come in handy for them. Hopefully they get hammered a few times!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I want any team wearing Claret and Blue, which is not Aston Villa, relegated to the nationwide and put out of business.

Can we (the taxpayer) have our stadium back then? 

Hadn't realised how difficult our remaining fixtures looked on paper...

February, Bournemouth A, Tottenham H, Southampton A, Sheffield United H,

March, Leicester A, Chelsea H, Newcastle A,

April, Wolves H, Liverpool A, Manchester United H, Palace H,

May, Everton A, Arsenal H, West Ham A

Still have a chance of course, but feeling a little less confident after looking at those, think Bournemouth has to be a win for us, and as has been said we're also going to have start beating top half teams... I'm hoping our win against them as knocked the wind out of Watford's sail as the famous metaphor goes, they did so well to climb out of the relegation zone only for us to send them straight back into it, will have to see how they react, but could do with a few teams form taking a nose dive between now and the end of the season.

34 minutes ago, HAL said:

To buy grealish in this window would require a bid of 100mil to even make us consider it

It'll be more than that. 

100m is the price of staying up. Our equity of staying up must drop dramatically if we sold grealish. 

Then you got his actual player fee to add on top of that.

It'll likely be 150-200m 

44 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Every season they say that it'll need an unusually high points total to stay up. I still think 36-37 would get us there.

2010-11 season, Birmingham and Blackpool both went down with 39 points. That season after 24 games the league looked pretty similar to how it does now. West Ham and Wolves on 21pts, Wigan on 22pts were the bottom 3. Birmingham had 24pts from 23 games. 10th-16th had between 26 and 30pts. So no team was gone yet and plenty of teams could still get dragged into it, which Blackpool in 13th on 28pts after 24 games did.

If you're going to need 40 points to be safe any season, I reckon its this one.

Edited by tomsky_11

2 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

It'll be more than that. 

100m is the price of staying up. Our equity of staying up must drop dramatically if we sold grealish. 

Then you got his actual player fee to add on top of that.

It'll likely be 150-200m 

Neymar was £198m and although he is more marketable, he is half the player Jack is. If Jack moves on it will be for a world record fee.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We've scored the most goals in the whole bottom half of the Prem. 

With only 5 of 31 league goals coming from a striker, imagine what we could do if Samatta turns out good.

Indeed.  Shame we have shipped the 2nd most.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Still have a chance of course, but feeling a little less confident after looking at those, think Bournemouth has to be a win for us, and as has been said we're also going to have start beating top half teams... I'm hoping our win against them as knocked the wind out of Watford's sail as the famous metaphor goes, they did so well to climb out of the relegation zone only for us to send them straight back into it, will have to see how they react, but could do with a few teams form taking a nose dive between now and the end of the season.

I think our fixtures look okay. We will be catching some of those “tougher” teams at Villa Park, and / or while they are going through a rough patch of form (a bit like Everton earlier this season).

All the teams below Liverpool have lost to relegation contenders this season. All the teams below Man City have deservedly lost to relegation contenders.

Liverpool is the only game left that we should fear.

• Like 1

It's not a question of who we should and shouldn't be fearing, I think we should go into every game with the believe we can get a result, otherwise you can be defeated before you've even stepped onto the pitch.

• Like 3

7th (equal 6th based on points gained) placed in the league in the form standings based on the last 6 games, with a win rate of 50%.

10th in the league for goals per game, shots per game, shots on target per game, 11th for interceptions, I could go on but have to pop out for a bit, we're doing okay.

Where we massively let ourselves down is we concede the most shots against per game in the league, as well as fouling a lot in dangerous areas.

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think our fixtures look okay. We will be catching some of those “tougher” teams at Villa Park, and / or while they are going through a rough patch of form (a bit like Everton earlier this season).

All the teams below Liverpool have lost to relegation contenders this season. All the teams below Man City have deservedly lost to relegation contenders.

Liverpool is the only game left that we should fear.

Hopefully Liverpool will have won the league just before they play us.

2 hours ago, useless said:

12 points in February then. Sorted 😎

6 minutes ago, useless said:

It's not a question of who we should and shouldn't be fearing, I think we should go into every game with the believe we can get a result, otherwise you can be defeated before you've even stepped onto the pitch.

That wasn’t my point (the psychology). My point was more pragmatic: I see us picking up points from teams like Chelsea, Man Utd, etc at Villa Park, because they just aren’t that good.

The City game aside, our defence has improved a lot since switching to three at the back and putting Hause in the team, before then we were conceding two goals or more most weeks, since then City have been the only team to score more than one past us, Fulham also, but that was with a weakend team.

• Like 4