Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Was going to say that Burnley look like they might be safe, but looking at their fixtures I wouldn't be so sure just yet. Equally Newcastle aren't completely out of it yet, a Steve Bruce team is always capable of going five or six games without a win, albeit their fixtures look pretty favorable, but then again it's hard to tell this season.

9 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Burnley are on 30 were on 25 - thats not insurmountable but realistically its us getting 2 wins and them dropping points . I just think IMO that they are out of it now . They need 10 points from 14 games . if we assume 40 will be safe 

The BBC had them on 28, they’ve corrected it now. 30 looks better for them. 

Southampton were on 15pts after 17 games. 16pts in 7 games now they 1 win behind Man U. Why can't we go on a similar run. Everyone talking about avoiding relegation when so many teams outside Liverpool and sometimes Man City are beatable on any given day

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

i think that Burnley and Newcastle safe albeit a catastrophic collapse in the last 14 games . 

so its between Us  Brighton, W Spam and Watford  Bournemouth to join Norwich   

That’s pretty much how I see it too. 5 teams fighting to avoid 2 relegation places, 2 points between us!

I’m glad we are near the top end of the group but there are some tense times ahead. Need some Samma goals pdq, as well as lots more Reina saves.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Vardy injured for Leicester tonight.

Rodgers said after the game it was only a twinged arse muscle and nothing serious, should hopefully be alright for the 2nd leg 😅

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

That’s pretty much how I see it too. 5 teams fighting to avoid 2 relegation places, 2 points between us!

I’m glad we are near the top end of the group but there are some tense times ahead. Need some Samma goals pdq, as well as lots more Reina saves.

lets hope so , maybe 5 wins from 14 games could make us safe from here  , its a big ask (currently 7 wins  from 24)  but who knows there will be some tense games to come  

I recall in the early 70s when Utd went down, I think that by Christmas Alex Stepney, their goal keeper, was their top goal scorer on 2 because he took their penalties. 

So the current lot have still got plenty of room for improvement. 😁

Everyone but us has had one or two unexpected results. We nearly did with Liverpool and Arsenal, but we just haven’t. We are doing this the hard way.

Despite the feeling that we have just suffered a bad patch, we are actually the 6 best team in form in the last 6 games. The results are keeping everyone on their toes, I really couldn’t call it, there are so many team that can trip up yet.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

West Ham look awful apparently. They have a keeper crisis like we did but could only sign a keeper that nearly failed his medical. They are a team in trouble. 

They looked helpless and defeated for all but roughly 10 minutes of the match.

8 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Rodgers said after the game it was only a twinged arse muscle and nothing serious, should hopefully be alright for the 2nd leg 😅

Nah a twinged arse can be tricky, 7 day recovery period, best not to risk him!

Mail reporting Prem league are looking at our stadium sale and also says we are close and gonna have to sell players in the summer!!

Hopefully the stadium thing will be ok as they getting valuations to check it. Bottom of the article is worrying though...

Premier League probe Aston Villa's £56million stadium sale https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7917941/Premier-League-probe-Aston-Villas-56million-stadium-sale.html?ito=native_share_article-top

• The sale of Villa Park is still yet to be authorised by the Premier League
  • It was sold in May 2018 in a contentious deal in order to comply with EFL rules
  • However, Aston Villa could face a points deduction if they are found guilty 

Aston Villa’s sale of their ground to a company controlled by the club’s owners has yet to be signed off by the Premier League, raising the prospect that they could follow Derby and Sheffield Wednesday in being charged as a result of the controversial accounting practice. 

Edited by leighavfc

38 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

It’s Reina saves, hallelujah it’s Reina saves, amen!