Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

48 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

That's a pre-match training shirt, not the away.  I agree it looks nice though, and would prefer it as our home kit.

Oh! My bad. Looks just like some of the mockups the people who had seen the kit had said was the away kit

Sounds like the away kit will be launched on Wednesday. Those organizing the Minnesota Villa fan festivities are holding a meetup on Wednesday morning at a local pub (Brit’s Pub in Minneapolis, for those curious), and mentioned on Facebook that the away kit release will be part of the morning. Going to launch the away kit video live at the bar at 10 AM local time while it simultaneously launches in the UK, which if my math is correct means 4 PM in Birmingham.

• Thanks 1

Have they decided on a **** price yet? It's gone from £50 to £67 and now its £55 on the official shop website. Think it's been a different price every day so far.

There's a £90 elite version. What's the difference/do they think people are stupid? 

That is daylight robbery. 

£55 for a shirt that costs a few quid to produce is taking the biscuit. Charging £90 is taking the cake, biscuit and the piss all at the same time. 

Yup, I will be sporting my Acorns shirt again this season. 

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

There's a £90 elite version. What's the difference/do they think people are stupid? 

That is daylight robbery. 

£55 for a shirt that costs a few quid to produce is taking the biscuit. Charging £90 is taking the cake, biscuit and the piss all at the same time. 

Yup, I will be sporting my Acorns shirt again this season. 

I'd pay £90 for a lazy slob version that assembles itself around you like an Iron Man suit .

• Haha 1

nike have done it for years

only seen it in the flesh once (zenit st Petersburg club shop) where they had the 3 kits, all called something different, the top one called the pitch or some bollocks was about 140 quid, was slightly lighter, had a different collar, more vents, I think a printed on badge rather than a sewn on and lots of rubber bits on it

couldn't justify the price difference but you could see it

I don't know  who is in charge of the online store side or makes decisions on What they sell but it's been a shambles.

Prices are changing and they are not selling one of the most popular things- the navy top with the sponsor.

That would sell very very well. Silly by whoever made that decision 

I've ordered that white training kit. I love it. I think it's blood gorgeous. Template or not.

People of Halesowen, you will see me running around in that very soon.

• Like 1

Except of the goalie shirt it's all kinda boring to me. Just can't see the reason not to use a retro shirt. The design looks like it's taken them a 5 minute break between the work they actually wanted to do. Much preferred what we had last season. 

• Like 1

On 12/07/2019 at 12:59, AV82 said:

Jesus-titty-****-christ - £80 for a tighter fit.

Screenshot 2019-07-12 at 11.48.27-min.png

I actually support having that option, cause most shirts hang like a curtain on me. But when they charge £ 25 extra I will simply not buy anything. 

• Like 1

So far..

I fancy going for the Black GK top, Our Away shirt*, Grey cut sleeve training top and a few more bits as they are released.

Maybe one or two garments from the fashion range.

My little one has already decided she wants about £400 worth of the new stuff too.   Atleast the girl has taste.  :D

The bodyfit sounds like the "authentic" jerseys they sell for lots of US sports. It's what the players wear on the pitch. As others have said, it'll be lighter, higher tech fabric, probably rip easier etc. More expensive but there's a market there for it. A retail version needs to be more durable and doesn't need all the extra vents and other tech.

I follow the AFL quite closely over in her in Aus and I have a few "player issue" guernseys, which are tighter but stretcher and better cut than the retail versions.

Not sure why people are complaining about an option that wasn't previously available to them. No doubt the retails have been slightly different to what the players wear for 15-20 years.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The bodyfit sounds like the "authentic" jerseys they sell for lots of US sports. It's what the players wear on the pitch. As others have said, it'll be lighter, higher tech fabric, probably rip easier etc. More expensive but there's a market there for it. A retail version needs to be more durable and doesn't need all the extra vents and other tech.

I follow the AFL quite closely over in her in Aus and I have a few "player issue" guernseys, which are tighter but stretcher and better cut than the retail versions.

Not sure why people are complaining about an option that wasn't previously available to them. No doubt the retails have been slightly different to what the players wear for 15-20 years.

That's really funny that the Australian translation of 'Jersey' is 'Guernsey'. Over here, they're both islands.

What's a 'Gibraltar' over there?

• Haha 1

I think it absolutely right and fair to penalise those fans with the good looks and athletic stature who would buy the bodyfit version. I obviously fall into that category but will buy the regular fit so as not to appear vain. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

So we’re rebranding the shop on Tuesday but we start knocking it down on Monday, along with the rest of Villa Village and Stumps...

We were making signings by Wednesday 

craig-david-e1532081579212.jpg?w=723

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Prices are changing and they are not selling one of the most popular things- the navy top with the sponsor.

This one?

pgrYxcW.png

I don't buy a lot of Villa clobber but I'd be all over this if it came in grown-up sizes.

Bit like this one from last season that I really liked but never saw on sale:

tKSAidT.jpg

Â