Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

10 minutes ago, choffer said:

This one?

pgrYxcW.png

I don't buy a lot of Villa clobber but I'd be all over this if it came in grown-up sizes.

Bit like this one from last season that I really liked but never saw on sale:

tKSAidT.jpg

This one pal.

Screenshot_20190703-125352_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

This one pal.

It's nice and all but I'd shell out some serious £££ for the 1/4 zip top.

I'm hoping they're just keeping some of the training stuff back to release when the away shirt(s) are on sale. I'll probably end up disappointed though.

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

It's nice and all but I'd shell out some serious £££ for the 1/4 zip top.

I'm hoping they're just keeping some of the training stuff back to release when the away shirt(s) are on sale. I'll probably end up disappointed though.

I'd like to think so but with this particular top they have the white and red with sponsor which makes me think the navy won't come with the sponsor which is a massive shame

43 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Tried to buy the white/cream training top as seen in the recent vids. Only 2XL available? Surely they can't be sold out already?

That’s mad. I bought mine yesterday and all sizes were available for pre-order.

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

That’s mad. I bought mine yesterday and all sizes were available for pre-order.

God here we go again this season!

Does anyone know if there will be long sleeve versions of the home and away shirts this season? It’s been about four seasons since the long sleeve versions were available to purchase!

17 hours ago, Rob182 said:

That's really funny that the Australian translation of 'Jersey' is 'Guernsey'. Over here, they're both islands.

What's a 'Gibraltar' over there?

Guernsey seems to be fairly Australian Rules exclusive. Jersey is used in the context of American sports like basketball or gridiron.

As I understand it, Australian Rules tops are called guernseys because thats where they originally got the wool to make them 130 odd years ago, and it's stuck.

• Thanks 1

Aston Villa will finally launch their all-new Kappa away strip - and it'll be showcased Stateside.

The expected sky-blue number will be launched at a special Villa party at Brit's Pub in downtown Minneapolis from 9.30am on Wednesday (3.30pm UK-time).

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-kappa-away-kit-16591700

So if the Birmingham Mail are to be believed we could be seeing new players in a new kit in about 26 hours

• Like 2

I cannot wait to see this bad boy in the flesh later.

Sorry if it has already been asked/mentioned in here, but will we have various stages of training gear also launched.

I.e We have seen Navy with red collar parts, and the White Grey shirts with Blue collar outline etc.

What I am wondering is, will the training gear JT is seen wearing a few pages back - Navy with gold features etc. be launched alongside the away shirt?

Also keeping my eyes out for that Navy track jacket that I have seen Jack wearing.

From the looks of twitter, the store has made a horlicks of selling the new kit. Loads of people complaining they’ve ordered but not had confirmation, several saying they’ve been charged multiple times and lots complaining at how quickly certain items sold out. 

I’m sure the blame will be laid at the feet of fanatics but it really doesn’t look good. 

15 minutes ago, choffer said:

From the looks of twitter, the store has made a horlicks of selling the new kit. Loads of people complaining they’ve ordered but not had confirmation, several saying they’ve been charged multiple times and lots complaining at how quickly certain items sold out. 

I’m sure the blame will be laid at the feet of fanatics but it really doesn’t look good. 

The same shambles as last year.

42 minutes ago, choffer said:

Only us.

Goalie kit reminds me of the one Kappa made for Vítor Baía when he moved to Barcelona.  Loved that shirt, makes me chuckle that his name was the actual sleeve design, must've been a bit disheartening for the understudy!

Image result for vitor baia barcelona

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Back in the early days of football, players would bring their own tops to wear and these would be jerseys or guernseys.  A guernsey would be a fairly heavyweight jumper, traditionally worn by sailors, and so preferred by goalkeepers.  A jersey is lighter weight but would still have typically been wool.

This evolved into players bringing their own shirts, as they were lighter still than jerseys, and so you can see in some pictures from the late 1800s that some players had half-button shirts and others with the full button design.  This is because they were literally the shirts that the men would have worn to work during the week.

In the early days of international football the players wouldn't be given a shirt when they played for England, but would be given a badge to sew onto their own shirt.

The name guernsey stuck with Aussie Rules as the shirts are sleeveless and so it marked a difference from the jersey worn in football and rugby, even though it bares no resemblance to an actual guernsey jumper.

/kitbore

Thanks for this! I love this kind of stuff.

Further to the below, before Aussie Rules started using synthetic guernseys, they were quite a heavy wool (or acryllic imitating wool) fabric, more like a knitted jumper. That lines up with your history of the term guernsey and is probably part of why the term stuck over here.

(When I played Aussie Rules as a kid, the first guernseys I wore were acryllic and they were a bloody oven in the early parts of the season that were still quite warm)

Also another tidbit, Aussie Rules guernseys are now predominantly sleeveless because players who played in the Ruck position started removing the sleeves from their guernseys a century or more ago. The Rucks will usually be the tallest players from each team and will contest ball ups, where they're required to jump against the opposing ruckman and tap the ball down to the midfielders. Apparently the long sleeves hampered their range of motion, and then that caught on and spread to all positions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I would like to know what the idea was behind the chav-tastic photo shoot they held to sell this kit. It looks awful.

Does the hideous green and purple bum bag come free with the kit?

Â