Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

The marketing campaign is just woeful. Did they get some YTS kid to design the marketing material for the kit launch. Absolute shoddy.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 4

Home shirt “too boring, no effort”...away shirt “too busy, too much effort” 😆

I like it personally.... Really like the colours and stripes. The home shirt is growing on me also. 

Edited by Jimmyg

3 minutes ago, Jimmyg said:

Home shirt “too boring, no effort”...away shirt “too busy, too much effort” 😆

I like it personally.... Really like the colours and stripes. The home shirt is growing on me also. 

I think they're both boring personally

the diagonal pinstripes wont be visible from more than 5m away leaving it looking like a plain sky blue top

and the shorts on both are shit

Away doesn't look great either, has the same problems of material and overly fussy design. And I really don't know why they thought having a a diagonal stripe design that fades in the badge quarter was a good idea. It looks weird. They'd have been better off splitting it in half with the badge side having either no stripes or much more faded ones.

These strike me as designs that perhaps looked better on paper than they do in the flesh. And also smacks of a designer desperately trying to do something different without changing much at all. 'Er... Let's cut a bit of the cuff off the sleeve! Yeah! That'll work! And... And er... Let's make the shoulders composite of fabric so we get some material and trim detail! Yeah! To the pub!'.

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

That's exactly the same design a few of us saw back in May time. Fanatics have designed that. The Home Kit is different so it seems Kappa have had an input on that one

Did they have the gap in the cuffs?

15 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

Did they have the gap in the cuffs?

Don't think they had that detail on there. **** it might as well post it on here.

Edited by omariqy

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think they're both boring personally

the diagonal pinstripes wont be visible from more than 5m away leaving it looking like a plain sky blue top

and the shorts on both are shit

I get ya.... and the home shirt does defo have room for a bit more jazzy ness. But having seen that pic above I do really like the away shirt. 

But I actually like kappa as a brand and have always thought their kits to be a bit different. A little let down by these tbh but they growing on me. Also at a risk of sounding a bell end I have always been pretty trim so I like the idea of a continental style fitting shirt. 

Â