Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

12 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Not keen myself. Massive step down from last year's effort imo. Hopefully the 2nd and 3rd kits will be better. 

The blue. It's way too light. 

I feel the same. I am glad that we've gone back to what feels like a more traditional claret shirt with blue sleeves. But that blue is just so pastel-puff and washed out as it ever was under Macron. Would have liked to have seen a shade of blue the same as 92/92 Umbro lace up, or the 95/96 Reebok home shirt. Those shirts looked S.E.X under the lights at Villa Park.

It's a no from me, sorry.

I just don't get the love for last seasons kit.  Just because a Villa Fan has his company's logo on it.  From what we have been told Luke did not design or make the kit yet is getting all the love and glory.  I hate it but not as much as that gree,red and black thing we had as an away shirt.  

I will have to wait until I see the actual kit in real life before I decide about this seasons but initially It looks like a proper Villa Kit to me especially having the Blue Socks.  Takes me back to when I first starting following the club and the sublime umbro kits of 74-81.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The last 2 Macron shirts were better than this smh

Macron’s designs and fit were shocking in my opinion and the quality was terrible! I’ve had Kappa shirts before and at least the quality of the shirt and how it was made was good. 

1 minute ago, Killeen30 said:

Macron’s designs and fit were shocking in my opinion and the quality was terrible! I’ve had Kappa shirts before and at least the quality of the shirt and how it was made was good. 

This new one looks just as bad. If u slapped a Macron logo on it and told me it was from 2013 I would have believed you.

Watching the Mings interview last night it looked like the sleeves from a different kit had been very badly joined to the shirt at the shoulders.  I couldn't stop looking at it.  looked like a really very badly made shirt.

40 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

I just don't get the love for last seasons kit.  Just because a Villa Fan has his company's logo on it.  From what we have been told Luke did not design or make the kit yet is getting all the love and glory.  I hate it but not as much as that gree,red and black thing we had as an away shirt.  

I will have to wait until I see the actual kit in real life before I decide about this seasons but initially It looks like a proper Villa Kit to me especially having the Blue Socks.  Takes me back to when I first starting following the club and the sublime umbro kits of 74-81.

It's not just because Luke's company logo is on it at all. For a lot of people, myself included, it's a very nice kit. It's the best one we've had for a long time imo. It's ok for you and others not to like it but don't generalise everyone who does like it as only liking it because of the 'villa fan designed it' PR guff because that isnt true.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

The logo ruins the kit in my opinion. That’s why I didn’t buy one. 

But the design and colours were very good.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The logo ruins the kit in my opinion. That’s why I didn’t buy one. 

But the design and colours were very good.

Colours I can go with but design no.   I have seen comments from people moaning that this years kit is like Burnley , well just like some brothers stole the plans to the silk spinning Mill we sent our spies last year to steal the designs for Scunthorpes new kit!

48 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This new one looks just as bad. If u slapped a Macron logo on it and told me it was from 2013 I would have believed you.

I’ll reserve judgement until it’s purchased and after a couple of (cold) washes!

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

Same people who made last years kit are making this years kit.

Are they though? Because it's the same template Kappa are using for several other teams.

Look how many times the same collar and shoulder setup pops up in recent kappa Instagram posts. https://www.instagram.com/kappa_sport/?hl=en

Are Fanatics really making a Kappa template kit? What a weird situation we find ourselves in if so.

4 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Are they though? Because it's the same template Kappa are using for several other teams.

Look how many times the same collar and shoulder setup pops up in recent kappa Instagram posts. https://www.instagram.com/kappa_sport/?hl=en

Are Fanatics really making a Kappa template kit? What a weird situation we find ourselves in if so.

Looking at those, we seem to be the only ones with that weird segmented sleeve.

21 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It’s true, it seems there is a few kappa standard features we have opted in on, and couldn’t afford the extras package. 

It’s different to other kappa kits in subtle ways, but those subtle differences feature on other kits. A slight pattern or stripes on the main body of our shirt would have made it so much more interesting. Even down the sides..... I was excited about this shirt, it’s just so meh. I really hope they had more balls with the away shirt. 

The Bruges shirt is pretty much the same.

Even something like the subtle blocking on the body would have made our shirt that little more special. 

Its actually annoyed me a little now. 

Edited by Jimmyg

Good points all. The mock ups that a few of us saw back in April/May showed a different home kit but the same away kit. Those mock ups were designed by Fanatics and it seems Kappa have had an input at the last stage in terms of design. The away kit is exactly the same tho so I will be interested to see what the fit etc is like on those.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Looking at those, we seem to be the only ones with that weird segmented sleeve.

Well now they've added Genoa to the page that have the sleeves as well as the weird shoulders. It also has this optical illusion where the cutout on the shoulders makes the shirt look like it has a collar, similar to some of the early mockups of our kit.

Â