Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

4 hours ago, limpid said:

I really don't like the round badges. Never have. Harking back to former glories. Let's make some new glories..

I saw a few posters suggesting it's trying to be retro, cool, different or 'harking back to former glories'.

I never saw it that way, I just prefer the symmetry, cleanliness and classiness of a round badge. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

1843045221_IMG_20190612_224329_1799..jpg.a7557154ab2b8a12868b82b02acb7ec7.jpg

This was the first shirt I can remember having as a kid. Found this original beauty a few years ago and had to get it. Wore it under my suit for my wedding and also wore it to sign the divorce papers a few years later.....Great memories!!

Good times

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I saw a few posters suggesting it's trying to be retro, cool, different or 'harking back to former glories'.

I never saw it that way, I just prefer the symmetry, cleanliness and classiness of a round badge. 

I can see the logic of moving on from it. The lion is pretty lost in that old badge. I'm ok with the current badge. It's the best badge we've had in ages—er probably since the round one ironically! The redesign they did a few years ago made a huge difference.

What were the fans of the pre 1950s saying when we moved from having no badge on the shirt to the Crest on the shirt?

What were the fans of the 50/60s saying when we moved from just the Crest to just the rampant Lion on the shirt in 1975*?

What were the fans of the 70s saying when we moved from just the rampant Lion on the shirt to the round badge?

Badges change with the trends of the time.

* I think it was 1975 when we changed to the Umbro Kit after getting back to Division 1

On 07/06/2019 at 13:11, withes_shin said:

Wonder if we will have a sleeve sponsor like a lot of other Premier League clubs

Looks like we will have a sleeve sponsor

Aston Villa is delighted to announce that BR88 will become the club’s first-ever Official Sleeve Partner.

The Asian betting and gaming company, who have signed a one-year agreement, will also join W88 and Kappa as a Principal Partner of Aston Villa.

A fast-growing interactive betting and gaming company, the BR88 logo will feature on the sleeve of first team and adult replica shirts.

Nicola Ibbetson, Chief Commercial Officer at Aston Villa, said: “We’re very pleased to welcome BR88 to Aston Villa as our first ever Sleeve Partner on our club’s prestigious kit.

"We’re looking forward to working with BR88 to engage our global audience with a unique and exciting user experience across their platforms. This is an excellent commercial agreement for the Club.”

Morgan Lee, Business Development Director of BR88, said: “This exciting new Partnership between Aston Villa and BR88 gives both parties an amazing opportunity to reach a new global audience, while BR88 will jointly engage with the Club’s existing worldwide fanbase.

"BR88 are delighted to be the first Official Sleeve Partner of Aston Villa Football Club in their return season to the Premier League.”

Supporters will get a first look at BR88’s branding on the home shirts next month when the new 2019/20 kits are unveiled.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/06/13/new-official-sleeve-partner-announced

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

Could be much worse...

We could have ended up sponsored by Doritos or Chupa Chups like Wolves and Sheff Wednesday were many years ago...

Image result for ideal boilers west brom

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, sne said:

W88 and BR88?

Won't be at all confusing, or are they the same company?

Also the 88 things has nothing to do with Hitler, right?

It all makes sense now.....

Steve Staunton

Steve Sidwell

Mark-Bosnich.jpg

567374dd6f88b55579d0a48b727d4680.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just slapped the new sponsors on the shoulders to see how it might look, not as bad as I feared, depends what colour our sleeves end up being and if there's a minimum/maximum size it has to be.

Looks a bit busy on the shoulders now with the Premier League badge, BR88 and Kappa, might mean the Kappa logo could be moved elsewhere...

dQqvQ6D.jpg

Â