Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Although I personally think the rest of the kit is quite shit. I'm not sure why it's got so much love

Same here, I really despise it. Just doesn't look like a football kit.

Kappa tossed out some nice 'Gladbach kits before the switch to Puma this (well, last now) season.  Some of the away ones in particular could do a job for Villa if they're going down the green/black route...

Image result for gladbach auswärtstrikotRelated image

As a PR move this is pretty bad - hopefully it makes good commercial sense - as for the kit itself I would guess its going to be a kappa template - with splashes of claret and blue - it won't be as good as the luke kit.

14 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

The email I got for this said they’re only available in large size... what’s the point of that!? 

Almost as if the club had a load of large size stock they couldn’t shift before the end of the season so they slapped a 50p play-off final decal on the chest and sold em for double the price!

Edited by mikeyjavfc
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Almost as if the club had a load of large size stock they couldn’t shift before the end of the season so they slapped a 50p play-off final decal on the chest and sold em for double the price!

All three kits are sold out though so I doubt that's the case.

8 hours ago, hippo said:

As a PR move this is pretty bad 

I don't get what the fuss is about, I thought Kappa were Italys biggest sports brand? Certainly bigger than Macron Ellesse or Diadora no? 

They've been making kits for big teams for as long as I can remember 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hippo said:

As a PR move this is pretty bad - hopefully it makes good commercial sense - as for the kit itself I would guess its going to be a kappa template - with splashes of claret and blue - it won't be as good as the luke kit.

I think that the deal must purely be based on revenue for the club as the Luke kits have been our best since the Acorns efforts in my opinion. 

I just hope Kappa tone down their symbolism on the kit as I am not a fan of their gear generally. 

There seems to be quite a lot of negative comments towards Kappa and we haven't even seen any glimpses of the kit yet! We all know that they've done some nice kits as we've seen in previous pages but we know there's been some abominations, so before we slag off lets just wait and pass judgement when it lands. To be honest its been designed, it's been manufactured. So whether you like or not doesn't really matter as there will be more buying just because it's villa than people not liking it.

UTV

16 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Yep. Pretty decent compared to the boring generic types umbro roll out for every team they are with.

To be fair to Umbro, they are producing some really nice kits the last few years.  I like Derby's kits this season too, especially the away.

• Like 1

Yeah the Luke kits are the nicest kits we've had in a long time. I liked UnderArmour but these are nicer than anything they or Macron ever produced for us.

But I said before the Luke deal, I don't really care that much. I'd like us to have the kit deal that gives us the most money. If that's Kappa and the kits are slightly less lovely then so be it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah the Luke kits are the nicest kits we've had in a long time. I liked UnderArmour but these are nicer than anything they or Macron ever produced for us.

But I said before the Luke deal, I don't really care that much. I'd like us to have the kit deal that gives us the most money. If that's Kappa and the kits are slightly less lovely then so be it.

I wasnt the biggest fan, the away was nice but not the home or the 3rd. Thought the UA kits were nicer. 

Unless you mean the actual material? in which case I wouldn't know as I didnt buy either (not going to pay to walk around advertising gambling companies)

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

not going to pay to walk around advertising gambling companies

Get where you're coming from, but it's a Villa kit; regardless of the sponsor you'll be walking around advertising a crippling, ultimately futile addiction. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I wasnt the biggest fan, the away was nice but not the home or the 3rd. Thought the UA kits were nicer. 

Unless you mean the actual material? in which case I wouldn't know as I didnt buy either (not going to pay to walk around advertising gambling companies)

No, the design.

3rd kit is crap, but the home and away this season are the nicest we've had for probably a decade or more.

• Like 1

Â