Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

37 minutes ago, hippo said:

It was - as you say he designed (to a greater lesser extent) - the best villa kit in years. What is clear is he won't be involved in the design of next years kit. I don't want to pre judge the kappa kit  - but the club have turned away from luke as a designer - which in terms of what the kit looks like - probably won't be a good move.

From what I've seen there's nothing to worry about 👍

• Like 2

I'll be making no judgement until I see a kit.

Yes, Luke has been involved in designing a good kit, but as a designer myself I know the process will have involved many people, there are a lot of great designers out there let's give them a chance before we write them off! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I'll be making no judgement until I see a kit.

Yes, Luke has been involved in designing a good kit, but as a designer myself I know the process will have involved many people, there are a lot of great designers out there let's give them a chance before we write them off! 

so why not keep luke on the current design team ? 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Who knows?! Most likely Kappa have paid us more to be a part of it and so want their own guys involved, which is fair enough as their name will be associated with it, or it could be Luke doesn't want to work on a design for the benefit of another company, that wouldn't be pushing his brand any.

The point I'm trying to make is that this guy is a good designer, no doubt, but he's not the only one out there, and we don't even know how much say he had in the final designs. The people who are/have been working on whatever the new designs are deserve a chance, let's see what they come up with.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Only we could be gifted great kits then find a way to complain about them, in this case the commercial aspects which literally has sweet FA to do with anyone on this forum.

I know right, imagine talking about all aspects of the kits in a single thread dedicated to talking about the kits and nothing else instead of discussing it in all the other topics. 🤦‍♂️

Oh and no one is complaining about the greatness of the kits, we have discussed it already and yes they are great. Do you want me to set up a separate topic for talking solely about kit manufacturing or do you think you can let us carry on talking about it amongst ourselves in this little corner of VT? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

That's sort of the whole point. They are in the business of manufacturing and distribution, they aren't in the business of branding and advertising. So they make the product and get paid by a brand to have their logo on it. 

Yeah I understand the process, I'm saying the process is stupid. fanatics designed the kit then some bloke paid to have his logo on it and spoke about what an honour it was to design the kit. Its bizarre. I understand it but it's still bizarre.

Never and still do not particularly like this seasons kit so happy enough with different designers.

That 3rd Kit was worse than the UA training tops (Which I liked) and just an excuse to extract more money from us fans.

I think people have overblown the design of the kit because he is a Villa Supporter.

BUT as a Villa supporter surely not copy a Kiit from a period we were on the slide big time from Champions of Europe to relegation.  AND a Villa supporter designing a kit that doesn't have blue sleeves!!! :)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

BUT as a Villa supporter surely not copy a Kiit from a period we were on the slide big time from Champions of Europe to relegation.  AND a Villa supporter designing a kit that doesn't have blue sleeves!!! :)

Completely misread this as ‘Kilt’ 😜

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Never and still do not particularly like this seasons kit so happy enough with different designers.

That 3rd Kit was worse than the UA training tops (Which I liked) and just an excuse to extract more money from us fans.

I think people have overblown the design of the kit because he is a Villa Supporter.

The tour de France away shirt that we got relegated in was a nice shirt. A colour and a team's form are not exclusive. We had a shit team in a nice kit. It happens. I'd like another yellow shirt.

I don't think it was overblown, they were genuinely nice kits and the vast majority thought so. It's ok to just not like them and leave it at that. People aren't going to buy a horrible shirt at £50 just because of a fellow fans input.

I'm excited to see what fanatics/kappa have come up with. I'd like to see it now though.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I dunno if that's fair.

Luke may well have played a role in how the designs turned out, whether that was through direct input on the designs or selecting which ones from a range of options.  No detail has been revealed as to the actual process.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/04/23/aston-villa-new-technical-kit-partnership-announced

Whatever the process was, the bottom line is that we ended up with great looking kit and one of our own, Luke Roper, has played a part.  He started his own business and grew it to the point that he could invest sponsorship funds into Villa and play a role in the creation of what we wear on the field of play and at BMH.

If anything we should be applauding the guy.  It's a fantastic achievement.

Interesting.

I wonder in that case who negotiated the deal with Kappa. That sort of reads like Fanatics would have done that wheeling and dealing with Aston Villa signing off on what Fanatics negotiated.

Not really fussed either way, I expect we'll have a good kit. It is a unique arrangement though. It was different with Luke because he hadn't produced a football kit for a major football club before, but I do wonder how much our kit will differ from other Kappa kits in terms of cut/material/template, if at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I know right, imagine talking about all aspects of the kits in a single thread dedicated to talking about the kits and nothing else instead of discussing it in all the other topics. 🤦‍♂️

Oh and no one is complaining about the greatness of the kits, we have discussed it already and yes they are great. Do you want me to set up a separate topic for talking solely about kit manufacturing or do you think you can let us carry on talking about it amongst ourselves in this little corner of VT? 

Ah that great response, 'it's a villa forum innit'......thanks for letting me know, I honestly didn't understand how this all worked until you enlightened me.

19 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

The tour de France away shirt that we got relegated in was a nice shirt. A colour and a team's form are not exclusive. We had a shit team in a nice kit. It happens. I'd like another yellow shirt.

I don't think it was overblown, they were genuinely nice kits and the vast majority thought so. It's ok to just not like them and leave it at that. People aren't going to buy a horrible shirt at £50 just because of a fellow fans input.

I'm excited to see what fanatics/kappa have come up with. I'd like to see it now though.

But it has been overblown.  The stories promoted claiming this was the best kit ever / past 40 years.  From a logistics point of view the Current Kit especially for the kids has been unavailable for large parts of the season.  My boys liked the 3rd Kit  and we went into the club shop just after it was released and they had no stock availability, wasnt just the 3rd kit though, couldnt make up a complete kit in the other designs.  Luckily just before xmas I was able to jump on quick enough so my youngest could get a goalkeepers kit but again the availabilty didnt last long.

I liked the design of that Macron yellow Kit as well but the quality of the kit wasnt great, felt very thin and cheap.  Macron came up with some good designs and similar in that they raided our past (White Kit striped like 82 Away).  Macron also showed great desire to understand the history of the club and incorporate that into the designs.

The UA  and training wear was great especially the quality just needed a darker claret body.

As for people not buying.  When it comes to a football club, yes they will.  Its a a habit and especially kids they want to wear what their heros on the pitch wear.  Enough people bought that Henson Kit in the mid 80s.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NIVillan said:

As for people not buying.  When it comes to a football club, yes they will.  Its a a habit and especially kids they want to wear what their heros on the pitch wear.  Enough people bought that Henson Kit in the mid 80s.

We have opposite tastes then as I bloody love that yellow Henson away kit 😄. Theres a guy doing licensed repro's and I'm very tempted. 

2 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Interesting.

I wonder in that case who negotiated the deal with Kappa. That sort of reads like Fanatics would have done that wheeling and dealing with Aston Villa signing off on what Fanatics negotiated.

Not really fussed either way, I expect we'll have a good kit. It is a unique arrangement though. It was different with Luke because he hadn't produced a football kit for a major football club before, but I do wonder how much our kit will differ from other Kappa kits in terms of cut/material/template, if at all.

Well it won't will it 

Say the new kappa kit goes down well - and sells well - if they get a deal with another club - would it not cross there minds ....."hmmmm that one at villa went down well - switch out the claret and blue for red and white"  ££££££££££ 

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

From what I've seen there's nothing to worry about 👍

So are you allowed to say what you have seen? Home, Away, 3rd?  Colours for away/3rd? Any training wear?

Curious but understand if you cannot break confidentiality!

Also is it possible designs can change from when you saw them or is that, that?

Â