Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

13 hours ago, Junxs said:

I don't get what the fuss is about, I thought Kappa were Italys biggest sports brand? Certainly bigger than Macron Ellesse or Diadora no? 

They've been making kits for big teams for as long as I can remember 

Thats the point ....it will be a kappa template...shod in claret and blue. The luke kit was bespoke to villa.

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Thats the point ....it will be a kappa template...shod in claret and blue. The luke kit was bespoke to villa.

Not true.

Everyone seems to be overlooking that there's a common denominator in the current kit set-up and the one for next season.

Also that the press release for the current kit talked about how the set-up was "unique in the world of football".

The PR said fanatics are still involved so are Kappa literally just the designers like Luke was last year and Fanatics will still be manufacturing/producing? 

14 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

The PR said fanatics are still involved so are Kappa literally just the designers like Luke was last year and Fanatics will still be manufacturing/producing? 

This is the bit people are misreading.

The current agreement on kit supply provision, and branding, is perhaps misunderstood, Mr Purslow suggested. The designer and producer of the kit is Fanatics. Hugely respected within the sports industry and a maker of many other high-profile team apparel. Luke, a local retail clothing brand, hasa marketing-only agreement with the club.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/11/24/fcg-meeting-notes-november-2018

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Eh? So Luke didn't even design the current kit? or did he work with fanatics to design it? 

My understanding from what I've seen and read is that Fanatics design and make it and the brands pay to have their logo on in the same way the sponsor does.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if that comes to an end after Year 1 with Kappa and they do it all themselves for years 2 and 3. That's just a hunch, though, with zero ITK.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

My understanding from what I've seen and read is that Fanatics design and make it and the brands pay to have their logo on in the same way the sponsor does.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if that comes to an end after Year 1 with Kappa and they do it all themselves for years 2 and 3. That's just a hunch, though, with zero ITK.

Wow. What a **** shitshow. Im sure I read a bit where Luke was explaining his process for the designs for each kit. So all of it was just made up bs and Luke just paid to have their logo placed on the shirt? That can't be right? 

Poor fanatics. They deserve it much more if what you are saying is true. Why not just have a fanatics logo on the shirt instead? I'm genuinely baffled by this.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 4

So essentially what we are saying is that no decent kit maker came forward last year, so we decided to promote a local boy instead (whilst Fanatics did ALL the work in the background).

Seeing as I'd never even heard of Luke prior to the Aston Villa connection, I can't imagine he paid much (if anything at all) for the advertising privileges of having his brand on the kit.

6 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

What a fraud then!

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Wow. What a **** shitshow. Im sure I read a bit where Luke was explaining his process for the designs for each kit. So all of it was just made up bs and Luke just paid to have their logo placed on the shirt? That can't be right? 

Poor fanatics. They deserve it much more if what you are saying is true. Why not just have a fanatics logo on the shirt instead? I'm genuinely baffled by this.

I don't really understand it but it is obviously their business model, so I wouldn't say poor Fanatics.  I assume it's why we've been able to buy the retro kits complete with the original branding on them.  

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It's a hunch he just said so we don't need to start turning and calling people frauds at this stage. 

That was referring to Kappa reverting to designing the kits from year 2 onwards, not Fanatics designing the Luke shirt or the upcoming Kappa one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I dunno if that's fair.

Luke may well have played a role in how the designs turned out, whether that was through direct input on the designs or selecting which ones from a range of options.  No detail has been revealed as to the actual process.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/04/23/aston-villa-new-technical-kit-partnership-announced

Whatever the process was, the bottom line is that we ended up with great looking kit and one of our own, Luke Roper, has played a part.  He started his own business and grew it to the point that he could invest sponsorship funds into Villa and play a role in the creation of what we wear on the field of play and at BMH.

If anything we should be applauding the guy.  It's a fantastic achievement.

And all that whilst using a logo that looks like a creature out of trolls :)

Only messing. I agree with you, hats off to the guy. 

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I dunno if that's fair.

Luke may well have played a role in how the designs turned out, whether that was through direct input on the designs or selecting which ones from a range of options.  No detail has been revealed as to the actual process.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/04/23/aston-villa-new-technical-kit-partnership-announced

Whatever the process was, the bottom line is that we ended up with great looking kit and one of our own, Luke Roper, has played a part.  He started his own business and grew it to the point that he could invest sponsorship funds into Villa and play a role in the creation of what we wear on the field of play and at BMH.

If anything we should be applauding the guy.  It's a fantastic achievement.

It was - as you say he designed (to a greater lesser extent) - the best villa kit in years. What is clear is he won't be involved in the design of next years kit. I don't want to pre judge the kappa kit  - but the club have turned away from luke as a designer - which in terms of what the kit looks like - probably won't be a good move.

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

That's sort of the whole point. They are in the business of manufacturing and distribution, they aren't in the business of branding and advertising. So they make the product and get paid by a brand to have their logo on it. 

• Like 1

Â