• El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • McGinn (Whelan 63)
    • Green (Adomah 63)
    • Bjarnason (Grealish 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/19 at 23:59

Poor game.  Grealish showed his quality though to play through the hate and score what was a great perfectly placed finished.

Mings was quality - we need to do all we can to sign him for next season.

Edited by lp_villa830
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Apparently the steward has been arrested as well? Wonder if he was the same steward in the section of the sty that the fan escaped from.

There's a video on Twitter of the steward. Looks like he tries to kick/stamp on grealish when he's celebrating his goal with the fans

Madness

Jack showed his maturity today both as a man and a player. Top class. 

Mings and hause (bar one slip) were immense as well. McGinn changed the game for us! Overall a great afternoon ignoring the obvious incident. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Class.

Jack Grealish is a player with class, he has that silky touch, the sway, the vision and ability to do things that other players can't. He's also rapidly shaping up to be a young man with class - character, calm determination, the ability to inspire and to lead and to not lose his head when other are. There is much to be proud of for him today.

Our opposition showed a complete lack of anything resembling class, from the idiot running on to throw a punch at a player, the thousands applauding him for it, the steward trying to stamp on a players ankles, a manager and a club statement so desperate to say "individual" and "throw the book at him" but so lacking in taking any kind of responsibility for their own supporters or arrangements, right through to the sad angry youngster posting pictures of a grave. They're a shocking club, with shocking support, that have shamed the name of this city for a long time. It's not an isolated incident, it's not one idiot, it's the culture of the club, their ethos and it's time they were properly punished.

We were second best for large parts of the game, we didn't play at all well, we got it tactically wrong for most of the game and heck, we even rode our luck at the end - but we didn't sacrifice our dignity or our class - we didn't lower ourselves to their level. I hope we never will. 

0-1 is not the extent of our victory.

A really heartfelt post OBE and I applaud you for it.

On a personal basis I have to say that I've known a number of Blue's fans over a lot of years, and without exception they have been very decent people. The mindless applause for the yob that attacked Jack was unpleasant and wrong, but hopefully it will be regretted by the majority of those who let themselves down badly with their tasteless knee jerk reactions. You're right though, BCFC has to be held to account and seriously punished for the moronic behaviour that we witnessed today. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Class.

Jack Grealish is a player with class, he has that silky touch, the sway, the vision and ability to do things that other players can't. He's also rapidly shaping up to be a young man with class - character, calm determination, the ability to inspire and to lead and to not lose his head when other are. There is much to be proud of for him today.

Our opposition showed a complete lack of anything resembling class, from the idiot running on to throw a punch at a player, the thousands applauding him for it, the steward trying to stamp on a players ankles, a manager and a club statement so desperate to say "individual" and "throw the book at him" but so lacking in taking any kind of responsibility for their own supporters or arrangements, right through to the sad angry youngster posting pictures of a grave. They're a shocking club, with shocking support, that have shamed the name of this city for a long time. It's not an isolated incident, it's not one idiot, it's the culture of the club, their ethos and it's time they were properly punished.

We were second best for large parts of the game, we didn't play at all well, we got it tactically wrong for most of the game and heck, we even rode our luck at the end - but we didn't sacrifice our dignity or our class - we didn't lower ourselves to their level. I hope we never will. 

0-1 is not the extent of our victory.

You have summed up the entire situation accurately in one post. I’ve never been so proud to be a villa fan as I am today. Rising above the opposition, their fans and staff. Jack laughing off what was probably a quite shocking incident at the time in his interview was amazing. ‘Best day of his life’ was a great way to answer. 

6 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I loved how the commentator on german Sky always referred to the blues supporters as "blue noses".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a derogatory term isnt it? 😂

No, as they call themselves bluenoses or "noses". Similar to spurs fan referring to themselves as "kids" (replace the k with a y)

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

At the end of this video - there's a fan pumping his arm in the air at the bottom left. He's wearing a black coat and gloves. 

If it's Tommy Elphick I love him for it.

Looked like elphick, turns to the side just for a split second right at the end and looks like him

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

No, as they call themselves bluenoses or "noses". Similar to spurs fan referring to themselves as "kids" (replace the k with a y)

Never thought they would call themselves noses. Never heard it from a commentator before. Thanks for the explanation!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I hope Birmingham City fans are punished for their cheering of that man baby who attacked Jack.

McGinn was really good btw.

He had a look of innocence about him, mentally, probably the mental age of a small child. The support he received from the fans behind the goal was worse for me. A complete bunch of degenerate inbreds. 

I honestly don't remember being so contented with a win especially with Jack getting the winner. 

I'm almost in a state of nirvana, pure contentment. 

• Like 2

Â