• El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • McGinn (Whelan 63)
    • Green (Adomah 63)
    • Bjarnason (Grealish 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/19 at 23:59

23 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Class.

Jack Grealish is a player with class, he has that silky touch, the sway, the vision and ability to do things that other players can't. He's also rapidly shaping up to be a young man with class - character, calm determination, the ability to inspire and to lead and to not lose his head when other are. There is much to be proud of for him today.

Our opposition showed a complete lack of anything resembling class, from the idiot running on to throw a punch at a player, the thousands applauding him for it, the steward trying to stamp on a players ankles, a manager and a club statement so desperate to say "individual" and "throw the book at him" but so lacking in taking any kind of responsibility for their own supporters or arrangements, right through to the sad angry youngster posting pictures of a grave. They're a shocking club, with shocking support, that have shamed the name of this city for a long time. It's not an isolated incident, it's not one idiot, it's the culture of the club, their ethos and it's time they were properly punished.

We were second best for large parts of the game, we didn't play at all well, we got it tactically wrong for most of the game and heck, we even rode our luck at the end - but we didn't sacrifice our dignity or our class - we didn't lower ourselves to their level. I hope we never will. 

0-1 is not the extent of our victory.

they was........0-1

believe me, Hurt doesn't come in a bigger form than that.

Jack Knew how to pay them back and he did it in the best form possible....poetic justice personified.

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

Thug jailed for 14 weeks, suppose that means he'll serve 7 weeks. Well that's shown him!!!

That's practically a reward. It'll be a badge of 'honour' among his pinhead mates, and will (in his mind) make him 'hard' because he's 'done time'. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That's practically a reward. It'll be a badge of 'honour' among his pinhead mates, and will (in his mind) make him 'hard' because he's 'done time'. 

For hitting a bloke from behind?

Hard men, proper hard men can be/are, respected.....What he did, is not what a "hard man" does.....Many Hard men have morals.

Even the wild west, had guys down for a coward, who attacked from behind.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Spoony said:

Actually I’m really sorry I tried to be all calm and collected and classy and rising above it.

but **** it. I hate them all. I hope their club goes into liquidation and I hope St Adrews gets turned into a landfill and I hope all of them have wonky tables at restaurants for the rest of their lives. 

By restaurants I presume you mean McDonalds and the local kebab shop 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

An awful lot of people will see him and convey a very different view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It should. But I am more interested in the FA's punishment. You can't have a match like that and not receive severe punishment. 

tenor.gif

Birmingham City and Aston Villa have both been charged by the Football Association for failing to control their players during Sunday's Championship match.

A melee involving players from both teams occurred in the fifth minute after Blues midfielder Maikel Kieftenbeld fouled Jack Grealish.

Villa captain Grealish was attacked by a Birmingham fan in the 10th minute before scoring the game's only goal.

The clubs have until Monday to respond.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47568983

Â