Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you are correct but will he leave Wolves where he is cover when they finished 7th to come to us to be cover? I think we are better than Wolves but I can’t influence Hause’s decision, to me he looks a very solid player who can play in our first team, another great find by Smith

We don't really need him if we keep Easah Suliman though, right? And we can start RHM up front too so that'll save us plenty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Having a think about it I'm not sure there's many championship strikers that I can remember that have come up and done well in recent years. Austin when he moved to Southampton was the last one I can think of at the top of my head?

We had Gestede and it didn't really work out. Hugill hasn't done much at West Ham. I'm sure there have been many more transfers since

2 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

We don't really need him if we keep Easah Suliman though, right? And we can start RHM up front too so that'll save us plenty.

They are both excellent young talents who have great futures in the game, be it here or elsewhere, preferably here

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Not sure he is even regarded as cover at Wolves.  He will get much more action with us, plus I have a hunch the deal was in essence done in January anyway.  The loan thing was just to delay the payment of the fee.

What is he then? Kit man? I think you are correct with the rest of your post

Just now, Hairdo said:

James Justin rumours have died down a bit. Still hoping we can ger that one through. £7m for a young, homegrown fullback who can play both RB and LB is a great deal

Has anyone seen him play? Another one of Smith’s master strokes by the sound of it

22 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Having a think about it I'm not sure there's many championship strikers that I can remember that have come up and done well in recent years. Austin when he moved to Southampton was the last one I can think of at the top of my head?

We had Gestede and it didn't really work out. Hugill hasn't done much at West Ham. I'm sure there have been many more transfers since

The only one that I can think of in recent years is Zaha, but even Zaha hasn't been that good.

20 minutes ago, Hairdo said:

James Justin rumours have died down a bit. Still hoping we can ger that one through. £7m for a young, homegrown fullback who can play both RB and LB is a great deal

Heavily linked with stoke now

2 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

The only one that I can think of in recent years is Zaha, but even Zaha hasn't been that good.

For Palace? I think he carries them and is their best player, he makes them tick for me

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Callum Wilson, Troy deeney,  Andre grey not done too bad I'm pretty sure they all come up with their clubs, it's such a hard league though you can see why it doesn't work out for a lot of players! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Callum Wilson, Troy deeney,  Andre grey not done too bad I'm pretty sure they all come up with their clubs, it's such a hard league though you can see why it doesn't work out for a lot of players! 

Would only rate Wilson out of those 3. Wouldn't like to rely on the other 2 to stay up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jasoncb said:

Would only rate Wilson out of those 3. Wouldn't like to rely on the other 2 to stay up.

Deeney 13 goals 7 assists first season and 10 goals 4 assists second season in the Premier league, still a big part of Watfords side. He's a knobhead but he's a good player. Grey had a good first season for Burnley then got a move. 

I would like to see the following team next season:

Steer/Kalinic

Elmo/Guilbert        Cahill/Chester        Mings/Elphick      Taylor/Hause

New DCM/Lansbury/Jedinak

McGinn/Hourihane                   Grealish/O'Hare

Lolley/Green                                                                      El Ghazi/New LW

New CF/Kodjia/Davis

Cahill free, Mings 15M, Hause 3M, New DCM (loan/free/cheap from abroad), Lolley 10M, New CF 20M, El Ghazi 6M New LW (loan/free transfer/cheap from abroad). That would be an total outlay of under 60M. Can't see us recouping much from selling players, but will get plenty of expensive players of the wage bill. I think spending around 60M is realistic. It would also not interrupt the current team too much, but add where it's needed.

I think a striker and a defensive midfielder should be the priorities along with Mings and Lolley. If we can get Abraham I would go for him. I'm also secretly dreaming of a loan move or buying back Benteke on the cheap. A proven Premier League DCM would propbably cost too much, hopefully we can find a priceworthy gem there, from abroad perhaps. Otherwise we could go for the loan market. If Danny Drinkwater is available for a loan or not to expensive he could perhaps be worth a shot.

Snodgrass only has one year left on his contract, and wouldn't be too expensive. I would love to bring him back. He could do a job either as winger or attacking midfielder.

I'm bit hesitent on Jedi, but I feel we could need a destroyer to throw on and we may need his experience and leadershhip qualities, I'd give him a new one year contract.

GK is another difficult one, as much as I love Steer I'm not sure he is good enough for where we want to be in the Premier League, but at the same time I would feel fairly satisfied with him for the beginning of the season. Kalinic I don't really know if he's good enough. Perhaps we could bring in some older proven GK on a free or on a loan, Burnley have too many dont they (don't want Hart though!).

Haven't felt so excited about a transfer thread in a long time!!        

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Deeney 13 goals 7 assists first season and 10 goals 4 assists second season in the Premier league, still a big part of Watfords side. He's a knobhead but he's a good player. Grey had a good first season for Burnley then got a move. 

He is also capable of having an atrocious season. His peak isn't that high, i'm just not a fan of his style and seems a limited player. He gets the job done i guess but hes nothing special.

7 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Isn't he a Birmingham City fan? Besides having spent time in jail. The way he celebrated when he scored against us and what he said after the game (that I can't remember exactly) I think that feelgood-wise he would be the exact opposite of signing Lolley 🙂 

Good player though!

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I would like to see the following team next season:

Steer/Kalinic

Elmo/Guilbert        Cahill/Chester        Mings/Elphick      Taylor/Hause

New DCM/Lansbury/Jedinak

McGinn/Hourihane                   Grealish/O'Hare

Lolley/Green                                                                      El Ghazi/New LW

New CF/Kodjia/Davis

I really wouldn't like to see them as the only other options we have.