Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

45 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Tuanzebe is not realistic!

He's a man utd player, who seems very much wanted...and its reciprocated.

He's done his job for us!

That all changes if he wants to leave and hands in a transfer request. ;)

Whatever you think of Lolley (and I'm a fan), after getting promoted with fans as manager and captain i think Lolley will appeal to our owners. 

I think Lolleys a very good player and could do a job in the top flight. Most top players in the championship have the ability for the top flight. In many cases it’s football intelligence that sets them apart. I think Lolley has what it takes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChristchurchVillan said:

Now we have been promoted can we afford to pay the ransom fee to get Dale Stephens out of Julie Bs wardrobe and a cheeky bid for Migual and Januzaj ?

Don't be daft, we already had Tuanzebe on loan so can't have Januzaj as well.

I've actually forgotten why this was ever a thing.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Tuanzebe is not realistic!

He's a man utd player, who seems very much wanted...and its reciprocated.

He's done his job for us!

With Man Utd's Board i think anything is entirely possible.

I know it sounds old fashioned but with modern footballers just busting your balls week in week out is worth a couple of million (hello Man UTD). Joe Lolley would certainly do that. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I know it sounds old fashioned but with modern footballers just busting your balls week in week out is worth a couple of million (hello Man UTD). Joe Lolley would certainly do that. 

I think you are correct, not only that but he’s a very talented footballer, it’s written in the stars that we should sign him

Good article this - everyone can see what fun this window is going to be at Villa 

"Having guided the club back to the top flight after taking over when they were in the bottom half of the Championship, he should be obliged. The football played under his leadership will be bold, regardless of the step up in division, but the transfer policy this summer must be a little more measured. Keeping the core of the team that embarked on a record-breaking run of 10 victories is as important as adding some much-needed competition for places. Either way, it will be a busy and exciting summer at Villa Park."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2019/may/30/aston-villas-top-priorities-prepare-premier-league

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Have we written off Hause as a first team centre half? He had the odd error in him but it was his partnership with Mings that started the 10 game run.

He'd be good cover for Mings.  He was only on the pitch for a short time at Wembley but won loads of headers that snuffed out a load of pressure.  We need 4 centre halves so to have two right and two left footers is ideal.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dale said:

No resale value... But how about Danny Drinkwater, feel like Chelsea will be desperate to offload if Sari stays 

Nah, not for me. Prefer Hayden from Newcastle. 

9 hours ago, LoughboroughLion said:

(Different position I know, but) Would prefer Bradley Dack to Lolley for the 20m figure being banded around.

Was also really impressed by Mendez Laing at Cardiff when I saw him - a better Che Adams with prem experience 

Dack is somene I don't know a lot about. Always seems to do well though. 

Mendez-Laing - he's a dirty bluenose fan. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

He'd be good cover for Mings.  He was only on the pitch for a short time at Wembley but won loads of headers that snuffed out a load of pressure.  We need 4 centre halves so to have two right and two left footers is ideal.  

I think you are correct but will he leave Wolves where he is cover when they finished 7th to come to us to be cover? I think we are better than Wolves but I can’t influence Hause’s decision, to me he looks a very solid player who can play in our first team, another great find by Smith

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you are correct but will he leave Wolves where he is cover when they finished 7th to come to us to be cover? I think we are better than Wolves but I can’t influence Hause’s decision, to me he looks a very solid player who can play in our first team, another great find by Smith

Not sure he is even regarded as cover at Wolves.  He will get much more action with us, plus I have a hunch the deal was in essence done in January anyway.  The loan thing was just to delay the payment of the fee.

• Like 1