Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This doesn't mean anything. The only thing that matters is ability + mentality. 

I agree, although I think having good pro's around to help out the young players does help, but we have those in the squad already with Elmo, Whelan, Taylor, Chester, you could even throw in Terry.

There's been plenty of teams promoted recently who have stayed up without much/any Premier League experience. 

Leicester were a bigger pull. They're not now. I'm not having that. Not that I'm bothered about Barnes.

And Gayle can get to feck. Do not want. Even his mother can't stand his face, but he's also out of his depth in the PL. Maupay could step up. Gayle cannot and has not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Leicester were a bigger pull. They're not now. I'm not having that. Not that I'm bothered about Barnes.

And Gayle can get to feck. Do not want. Even his mother can't stand his face, but he's also out of his depth in the PL. Maupay could step up. Gayle cannot and has not.

Yep, loads of evidence of that like........

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I agree, although I think having good pro's around to help out the young players does help, but we have those in the squad already with Elmo, Whelan, Taylor, Chester, you could even throw in Terry.

There's been plenty of teams promoted recently who have stayed up without much/any Premier League experience. 

= mentality

You are right though, when it comes to the squad it is good to have that around, on the training pitch, int he dressing room. Which is why I would give Whelo another year myself. 

• Like 2

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

= mentality

You are right though, when it comes to the squad it is good to have that around, on the training pitch, int he dressing room. Which is why I would give Whelo another year myself. 

I think he'll get another year, we need the continuity.

I'm not his biggest fan but I can see what he brings to the club and as an option from the bench he can be useful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, loads of evidence of that like........

I think thats why he said "could". It's just an opinion, and one i share. Gayle has proven that he struggles with the step up. 

That's not to Maupay wouldn't go the same way, but taking his age into consideration i think he would be a much better option than Gayle. 

Whelan is a good bloke but pointless as a player at PL now for me. I think theres enough characters in the squad to cope and if we need more experience, get some players in that can contribute on the pitch too. Like Milner maybe. I'd move on from Whelan now.

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

Not sure if there has been any reputable link with him yet, but Phillips pls. Ta.  

Agree with that. One of the only players to keep Jack remotely quiet last season.

28 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This doesn't mean anything. The only thing that matters is ability + mentality. 

If course it does. Not many teams survive with a team of inexperienced Premier league players 

10 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Whelan is a good bloke but pointless as a player at PL now for me. I think theres enough characters in the squad to cope and if we need more experience, get some players in that can contribute on the pitch too. Like Milner maybe. I'd move on from Whelan now.

Whelan would be nobodies first choice, however I suspect we will need to retain a few like this to keep numbers up. Unless that is we sign 10-12 new players which I can’t see happening 

17 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

We have just spent 3 seasons in the championship, a few years ago Leicester were Premier League champions, I get we are a "bigger" club but we need to solidate our status among the elite.

For what it's worth with Barnes, if he was at A N other club and it was a choice between Leicester or Villa, I think we would have a chance, but I couldn't envisage him leaving the foxes for us.

I agree on Gayle and Maupay though. The latter all day long for me.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Sky's sports saying we are making moves for Mings and lolley. Big fat yes from me for both! 

right wing, as it should be, appears to be the priority. plus getting mings in whilst he's still got the villa bug and before his head gets turned by bigger money elsewhere. if true, so far so good

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

We have just spent 3 seasons in the championship, a few years ago Leicester were Premier League champions, I get we are a "bigger" club but we need to solidate our status among the elite.

For what it's worth with Barnes, if he was at A N other club and it was a choice between Leicester or Villa, I think we would have a chance, but I couldn't envisage him leaving the foxes for us.

I agree on Gayle and Maupay though. The latter all day long for me.

I dont see what the past few years has to do with it personally but fair enough. I dont see Barnes leaving them for us either. I don't see us trying.

I just think, if we're both going for a player, we'd be favourites to get them.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Still amazed that Mings didn’t get a game at Bournemouth... what did they want from a CB!?

injured a lot, allegedly fell out with eddie howe, and according to the bmth fans in my office he was "dogshit"