Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Agreed. That's why Tammy is a bit of a find. Tall, strong, can hold it up, but is also not slow. Don't get me wrong I think he still needs work. He needs far too many chances to score for a Prem player, but if he gets that in his locker he will be immense. I'd be happy to get him in again on loan tbh, and in the meantime blood an existing young'un or get a young, hungry backup who we can bring on through the seasopn with a view to being the main man next year. I appreciate this goes against what I said before about experience, but I think we could make an exception for Tammy.   

Purslow has stated we will not be going down the loan route again as it's a bad business model.

It's okay doing that philosophy in the Championship as you're working with FFP shackles.

But Premiership, no go.

We have made Abraham and Tuanzebe the players they are now, but we won't get any discount and they won't be coming cheap.

Victims of our own success in a sense.

• Like 1

For the purpose of the post, I'm making the assumption that Mings ends up signing.

So, with that in mind, the highest priorities (in no particular order) are a left back, another centre back, right winger & striker.

There are obviously other needs too, but those are imperative.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

For the purpose of the post, I'm making the assumption that Mings ends up signing.

So, with that in mind, the highest priorities (in no particular order) are a left back, another centre back, right winger & striker.

And a DMC probably. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

holding/more defensive midfielder i think too as priority. so 6 young talented players to rip up the prem please, assuming el ghazi signs as well as Mings!

Huge summer!

• Like 3

Just now, MaVilla said:

And a DMC probably. 

Oh we'll no doubt go for one, but Hourihane has that spot for now so it's not on the same level of priority as Taylor, Green or Kodjia.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

And a DMC probably. 

I think this is crucial. We will be on the back foot and defend a lot next season. Whelan, Jedinak and Hourihane don't fill me with confidence at all. 

Players I would like to see brought in that are realistic:

Axel Tuanzebe: - what I originally thought would have been 12m-£15m will probably be more now OGS realises how good he is and apparantly even though he is in the last year of his contract, Man Utd have a 1yr extension clause. If he will be arriving I doubt it will be anything less than £20m now.

Ademola Lookman:- The Everton attacking left winger as found himself on the transfer list for £20m bizarrely. Amazing potential and alongside McGinn, Grealish and El Ghazi etc. He can also strike the living fear into defenders and is exactly who we need. He is great on the ball, a good little worker and will only get better playing for a big club like Villa.

James Milner: I know we are not doing the signing anyone over the age of 30 model etc. but for a bosman on a 1yr deal, his experience is absolutely priceless. You know exactly what you get with James Milner and feel he could be a vital cog and an upgrade on replacing Glen Whelan.

Tammy Abraham: Been great for us this season and could have been even better for not some of those chances missed throughout the season. There is still work there to be done on him to make him the all round complete striker but he would be worth the punt imo. £25m-£30m It'll probably cost us.

Robert Snodgrass: Another experienced head and wouldn't cost much more than £7m. Has been at Villa before andnwe know what we get having already loaned him. He would be another good addition and replacement for Adomah on a short term deal.

David Turnbull: The Motherwell CM man has been delivering eye-catching displays this season and he would make a very promising back up to John McGinn. £5m-£8m perhaps?

I don't think that list is unrealistic and all offer something to the cause for sure.

I also feel Anwar El Ghazi and Tyrone Mings will sign for around about £18m-£20m or thereabouts combined and I feel it's important we should keep the core of the team that where loans but all 1st teamers here in our promotion charge.

If we start with signing those 8 I think it will be fantastic business and £100m+ very well spent.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

injured a lot, allegedly fell out with eddie howe, and according to the bmth fans in my office he was "dogshit"

Bring Me The Horizon are sh*t anyway, so f*ck ‘em

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Has anybody heard of Jean-Philippe Mateta? Plays for Mainz 05 in Bundesliga. 14 goals in 34 this season and he's only 21 years old, 6'4 and looks a bit of an animal. This is the type of player I would like us to go for.

Reminds me of a young Benteke. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Am I the only one who wouldn't want us spending 15-20m on Axel and 25m on Tammy?! Think we can do a lot better for those prices!

15-20 on axel yes, 25 on tammy no. he didnt do brilliantly in the prem and that's a lot of money on a bit of a gamble

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Am I the only one who wouldn't want us spending 15-20m on Axel and 25m on Tammy?! Think we can do a lot better for those prices!

In today’s climate I don’t think we can.

And how much is it worth to have players who have already settled in to the club? A lot I’d say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First 11 and requirements?

GK : Steer or kalinic

RB : Guilbert

CB : Mings

CB : New Player?, who?

LB : New Player?, Justin?, foreign talent?

DMC : Phillips?, foreign talent?, other?

MC : Grealish

MC : McGinn

AML : El Ghazi

SC : New Player, Maupay?, other?, foreign talent?

AMR : New Player?, Lolley?, Benrhama?, other?, foreign talent?

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

15-20 on axel yes, 25 on tammy no. he didnt do brilliantly in the prem and that's a lot of money on a bit of a gamble

Though it’s not the ‘20 goal striker’ we dream of, 10 goals in a poor Swansea team isn’t terrible. I’m sure Gabby only got around 10 goals in one of our 6th placed finish seasons. If you have others chipping in with goals around you then you’ll be alright (McGinn, Grealish + 2 wingers). 

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Players I would like to see brought in that are realistic:

Axel Tuanzebe: - what I originally thought would have been 12m-£15m will probably be more now OGS realises how good he is and apparantly even though he is in the last year of his contract, Man Utd have a 1yr extension clause. If he will be arriving I doubt it will be anything less than £20m now.

Ademola Lookman:- The Everton attacking left winger as found himself on the transfer list for £20m bizarrely. Amazing potential and alongside McGinn, Grealish and El Ghazi etc. He can also strike the living fear into defenders and is exactly who we need. He is great on the ball, a good little worker and will only get better playing for a big club like Villa.

James Milner: I know we are not doing the signing anyone over the age of 30 model etc. but for a bosman on a 1yr deal, his experience is absolutely priceless. You know exactly what you get with James Milner and feel he could be a vital cog and an upgrade on replacing Glen Whelan.

Tammy Abraham: Been great for us this season and could have been even better for not some of those chances missed throughout the season. There is still work there to be done on him to make him the all round complete striker but he would be worth the punt imo. £25m-£30m It'll probably cost us.

Robert Snodgrass: Another experienced head and wouldn't cost much more than £7m. Has been at Villa before andnwe know what we get having already loaned him. He would be another good addition and replacement for Adomah on a short term deal.

David Turnbull: The Motherwell CM man has been delivering eye-catching displays this season and he would make a very promising back up to John McGinn. £5m-£8m perhaps?

I don't think that list is unrealistic and all offer something to the cause for sure.

I also feel Anwar El Ghazi and Tyrone Mings will sign for around about £18m-£20m or thereabouts combined and I feel it's important we should keep the core of the team that where loans but all 1st teamers here in our promotion charge.

If we start with signing those 8 I think it will be fantastic business and £100m+ very well spent.

Tuanzebe - who knows what chance we have of getting him, it really is down to how much Man Utd rate him, I've seen some of their fans want to loan him back to us for another season, I don't think they realise we'd only do that with an acceptable option to buy. I'd love to sign him but this one is out of our hands at the moment. Love to have him back for good though.

Lookman - not seen much of him, I would ask why they are transfer listing him and not Walcott? That's starting alarm bells ringing. £20m seems a lot, I think I'd have to see more of him before making a judgement. He fits the profile though and plays in a position we need to fill.

Milner - really not sure how I feel about this, I think we have good pro's at the club already and signing a 33 year old doesn't seem to fit with what we are planning, but I do think he could be useful and I see the benefits, I like him, I just wonder what kind of wages/signing on fee he'd be after for a one year deal...

Abraham - If he's available and the price is right then great, I'm not sure either of those things are going to work out our way though. Fingers are crossed.

Snodgrass - He was an important player for West Ham by the end of the season and I can't see them letting him go on the cheap, they have the homegrown rule to consider as well now that they are losing Caroll, think he'll be worth more to them than we will be willing to pay for a 31 year old. Again I like him, just not sure it will happen.

Turnbull - not seen him play, back up for McGinn would be nice, but not one of our most pressing concerns.

Mings and El Ghazi are musts.

Those are just my thoughts, it'll be interesting to see how many of those names we do go for/get over the next few months! 😃

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Has anybody heard of Jean-Philippe Mateta? Plays for Mainz 05 in Bundesliga. 14 goals in 34 this season and he's only 21 years old, 6'4 and looks a bit of an animal. This is the type of player I would like us to go for.

Reminds me of a young Benteke. 

Can certainly see the talent and potential, but my word, are all CBs in the Bundesliga that bad? 

As for whether we'd get him, I doubt he's available. Mainz just signed him last summer and he was the most expensive signing in club history. Doubt they're willing to sell after a season.

Edited by VillaHatesMe