Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

It's fun watching Man Utd scrapping it out on deadline day. SAF must be crying into his porridge

They have done this each year with Woodward at the top.

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Twitter seems pretty confident it's Kessie flying in to sign with Wolves.

TheTrees has mentioned there are two private jets coming from Milan to BHX though. Ones already landed, the other Due in an hour

The first one did not look football related

1 hour ago, useless said:

Sun reporter linking us to Marcos Rojos. I can't see that, but wouldn't be surprised if there was a random signing, in a position no one was expecting us to make a signing.

For a start he's not really that good. Also very injury prone. Giving Man. United 20m + for him would be bonkers when we have CBs and LBs overflowing in our squad instead of signing a striker.

Don't think interest is genuine and he'll go to Everton if he does move.

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

I was very confident we'd get 2 more players in today. Not so much now. 

Didn't Benteke deal break very late on the transfer day in 2012? I can't remember any links to him at all. Think we'll get to 3pm and a random striker will suddenly pop up having a medical.

To have spent all the money and just have Wesley, Kodjia and Davis as our frontline strikers up to January would feel strange to me and a big gamble.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, useless said:

How can we go from having Augustin as a back up option to a mystery striker, and also signing Benrahma, to looking like we're not going to be signing anyone at all.

Clickbait stab in the dark to be followed up with more clickbait nonsense ... Keep calm and have faith ... in Jesus we trust 

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

There's still 6 and a half hours left. Nobody really knows what's going on behind the scenes today.

I doubt Smith and Purslow have been at BMH since 6am working on deals.

Didnt like seeing Purslow with McGinn signing the new contract.  That could have been done at any time, is it to ease the fans down gently on deadline day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't Benteke deal break very late on the transfer day in 2012? I can't remember any links to him at all. Think we'll get to 3pm and a random striker will suddenly pop up having a medical.

To have spent all the money and just have Wesley, Kodjia and Davis as our frontline strikers up to January would feel strange to me and a big gamble.

Yeah the club clearly threw out the Clint Dempsey smokescreen when they were trying to get Benteke over the line. Was a good window that. Nothing compared to this one but in the context of the last 10 years that was as good as it got really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

There's not even a name in the media from a genuine source, if somethin was close a name probably would have leaked by now.

If we are talking to clubs about players, and those clubs don't want to sell, then they won't leak that news because they won't want more interest. 

Smith said we're waiting for things to align before we can sign our targets, so might be a case of waiting for other clubs to get replacements before we can sign their players. Could be a close call.