Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Hogan going is nothing but if we don't sign anyone today I think letting Green go was a mistake. 

I really don't. It would have been a weird move, but ultimately I'd rather play anyone in our team than Green. He isn't good enough. Shit I'd rather use Davies on the wing than Green. But that's me. 

No Ben Yedder thread ? 

Would not fall into our profile HOWEVER an experienced keeper 1 end and an experienced forward the other end with the yoot doing most of the running could make sense.

Edited by brummybloke

I think Premier League defenders will hate playing against Kodjia, he's unpredictable. Even he doesn't know what he's going to do at times! So he might surprise us as and when he is given a chance.

Just need to hope Wesley finds the net quickly and that we can share goals throughout the team.

Edited by Hitzlsperger_12

Seems strange that we let Hogan go not to replace him with a striker. I know he isn’t PL quality (barely championship tbh) but I would’ve preferred to have one more striker at the club to ‘roll the dice’ with if we’re 1-0 down with ten mins to go...

Anyway, I’m pretty sure we’ll sign a striker.

The writing was on the wall when news got out that Kienen would not be allowed to go on loan. We're sticking with what we have. 3 strikers is enough IF they are all trusted by coaches to do a job in the premier league...but I think this makes everyone nervous, especially if Wesley was to get an injury early in the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

1000 pages will happen. Side bet on how many times "We're done" is mentioned?

The old Villa pessimism starting to rear is head no doubt! 

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

This is going to be the best deadline day ever. We don't NEED anything and as I'm currently on honeymoon in Hawaii, I'll sleep through most of the faux drama!

Can wake up about 8am here and the window will be closed and I'll just be able to read the fallout!

Congratulations, it's always nice to get an Aloha from Hawaii on VT. Hopefully Villa will have another striker all wrapped up for when you go for your breakfast Malasadas.😉

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Private jet landed at BHX from Milan. Late chartered flight. Could be anyone I suppose.

[TheTrees]

Wolves are rumoured to be in for Kessie from Milan, so could possibly be something to do with that, but like you say, could be anyone.

8 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

The writing was on the wall when news got out that Kienen would not be allowed to go on loan. We're sticking with what we have. 3 strikers is enough IF they are all trusted by coaches to do a job in the premier league...but I think this makes everyone nervous, especially if Wesley was to get an injury early in the season.

Agreed, 3 strikers for one position is enough, can't see us spending £20mil plus to then go and watch one of them or Wesley sit on the bench. Benrama or bust I think. Been a great window regardless of today.

If it comes down to paying over the odds for Benrahma or paying over the odds for a striker, the striker will be the deal done. Remember, we have Kodjia who can play wide left so effectively making a fourth wide man. After Wesley we only have Kodjia really as Davis looks like he needs plenty of game time elsewhere or in the U23s.