Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just read up on Ben Yedder, would be an incredible signing! One that I don’t think we should worry about his age or resale value, or wether he fits Purslows “philosophy”, his goals alone could possibly keep us in the premier league which instantly recoups the reported £30 million transfer fee. 

The Ben Yedder thing seems unlikely to a lot but it does sort of fit in with that notion from a day or so ago where it was claimed that we are going in for an ambitious attempt to sign a striker that would be seen as a major coup and would break our transfer record significantly.

The reported 32m euro fee works out to about £29m so would be a new record for us so maybe that rumour has got some legs to it. 

Just now, thabucks said:

lucky for us in many respects levy has done his usual tricks of leaving it to the last minute and we won’t be facing a fully fit and integrated Dybala & lo Celso on Sunday. 

Hopefully we won't be facing them on Saturday either ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Judging from Wikipedia we may all have missed something...

Wissam Ben Yedder

Wissam Ben Yedder (born 12 August 1990) is a French professional footballer who plays as a striker for the English club Aston Villa. He is nicknamed "Benyebut", incorporating but, which is the French word for a goal.[3]

Having begun his career at amateurs UJA Alfortville, he joined Toulouse in 2010. He totalled 71 goals in 174 games for them, surpassing André-Pierre Gignac as their greatest league scorer of the 21st century. He moved to Sevilla for €9 million in 2016, and subsequently left for Aston Villa in 2019 for £29,000,000 breaking the club transfer record.

At international level, Ben Yedder represented France at under-21 level, and at futsal. He made his full international debut for France in March 2018.

7 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

This Ben Yedder link has come right out of nowhere. I can't see it happening, hes 29 years old and they will want 35m for him. Seems to go against the business we have done so far. 

Having said that I'd be happy if he does arrive. 

The plan is that in general we buy young and hungry as that suits the playing style we’re trying to achieve and the business model with regards to future value. 

However there will be exceptions age wise that can still suit the team and give value, Heaton for example. If the club believe that Yedder will fit into the team and still represents good value it may happen. If he was 25 he’d be £60m, so at £35m we’ve saved £25m already. In 3 years if he’s done well we may still get £10m + (on today’s values). The money men may think that’s a decent return. A damn sight better than Hogan anyway!

• Like 1

Apparently Ben Yedder's agent, Meïssa N'diaye, has been spotted in one our players instagram stories with Purslow, I don't if it's actually him but there's a resemblance... He's also happens to be Augustin's agent.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Apparently Ben Yedder's agent, Meïssa N'diaye, has been spotted in one our players instagram stories with Purslow, I don't if it's actually him but there's a resemblance... He's also happens to be Augustin's agent.

Screw Mendes!  Let's get our own dodgy Agent to get us cut-rate deals on players!  

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Deadline day falls on my birthday...

...what’s my present going to be, Aston Villa?!

Sorry mate you’re too old, you don’t fit the young and hungry profile. 

P.S.  I have no idea how old you are, but happy birthday anyway 😀

• Haha 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Pretty good sign that SSN have someone at the ground. Normally they stick people at clubs where they are expecting some deals to happen.

To be fair, given the amount of money the club as spent they'd be stupid not to have someone at the ground😁

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Pretty good sign that SSN have someone at BH. Normally they stick people at clubs where they are expecting some deals to happen.

Yeah I thought that - been years since that happened...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Sorry mate you’re too old, you don’t fit the young and hungry profile. 

P.S.  I have no idea how old you are, but happy birthday anyway 😀

33 - so, unfortunately, you’re right :( 

• Haha 1