Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why did we loan out Green then?

Because he is nowhere near PL level. 

Just now, villalad21 said:

We only have 3 wingers then unless you include Kodjia.

Obviously you would always like more. But Green was unlikely to be in front of any of those. This way he gets chance to rip it up at a lower level.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

El Ghazi, Jota, Trezeguet, Elmo, Kodjia. I don't disagree but Elmo was always a winger before and Kodjia can cover it.

I think we need one, but also could see us coping without

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Us not signing anyone will cause a meltdown by itself.

Only for the plums that have had a bang on the head and have completely forgotten about the events of the last couple of months. 

Whatever happens today its been a phenomenal window. 

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

El Ghazi, Jota, Trezeguet, Elmo, Kodjia. I don't disagree but Elmo was always a winger before and Kodjia can cover it.

I think we need one, but also could see us coping without

What we need is a player that can cover wide right and the striker role, while accepting rotation. Now who that is I've got no idea. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes can see Kodjia playing games wide which of course is what he did last season.

Would only leave us with Wes and Davis as the option off the bench though.

Even if things are quiet as we type would be amazed if we don't sign a striker this afternoon. You really can't be short of goals at premier league level, we found that out big time in 15-16 season.

Whatever happens today I'll still be delighted with the work we've done this window. Probably could've done with another striker and I really wanted Benrahma but we've still given ourselves a very good chance of having a promising season. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why did we loan out Green then?

Tbf, in any other season we'd probably consider 3 wingers (plus Kodjia & Davis) as enough competition for the wide places. We've been well and truly spoiled this summer.

• Like 1