Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Someone told me yesterday (fairly close to the club) that we’re still after one more striker that will break our transfer record. He believes Maupay is plan B.

Can’t see it myself...but exciting all the same.

Heard something similar about a month ago. No idea who it is. In fairness, neither did they. I thought it was Leao to be honest, based on total guesswork.

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Heard something similar about a month ago. No idea who it is. In fairness, neither did they. I thought it was Leao to be honest, based on total guesswork.

Leao has signed for A.C.Milan as far as I know, so not him!!

10 hours ago, TRO said:

thanks

I would still know from a bees perspective what went wrong with us & Hogan?

Unfortunately you had a coach that didn't know how to use him, he was an out and out "goal poacher" just like Jimmy Greaves, didn't track back, hardly bothered to tackle, at Brentford he was fed by some very good midfielders with accurate passing skills most of the time, almost putting scoring on a plate, I think your coach thought he was a team player, far from it, he was lazy, wasn't getting the support from your midfield that he needed, therefore was not a success with you, Hogan also had a touch of thinking he was better that he really was, by the time Dean Smith came along Hogan was too far down the line to recapture his scoring abilities that he had with us, hope that helps.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He knows how to lie and block people. That's pretty much it. He's a cock!

A cock that called the new Heaton bid before anyone else :thumb:

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, my thought. 

Think we were after him, missed out and will be trying to sort maupay out this week.

I reckon plan a) was Gomez/Leao plan b) is ??? Plan c) Maupay. 

Always thought if we really wanted Maupay he would of signed weeks ago. Hope we get our top choice as just don’t think Maupay will work out for us. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

A cock that called the new Heaton bid before anyone else :thumb:

But how much does he get completely wrong? If you throw enough mud...

I followed him for about 6 months. He just comes across as an attention seeker, loves to boast when he does actually get something right and if anyone dares call him out or question him, he blocks them.

11 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

But how much does he get completely wrong? If you throw enough mud...

I followed him for about 6 months. He just comes across as an attention seeker, loves to boast when he does actually get something right and if anyone dares call him out or question him, he blocks them.

I too have followed him for ages, and obviously he occasionally gets things wrong. I'm sure the oracle himself, John Percy, has occasionally gotten something wrong (eg: when a deal has changed) too.

I've seen the same things you've described, except for I see it as people question him, so then when he is proven right, he understandably points out he wasn't bullshitting.

Don't 99% of people who are slagged off before the truth is released do the same?

47 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Leao has signed for A.C.Milan as far as I know, so not him!!

Yeah I know. A shame but like I said, I was just guessing. Might not have been him.

Basically, think of a 20-25 year old with immense potential and decent record. Most likely not UK based as better value. Tenacious/combative mentality. Fast.

Chances are we're interested.

Edited by Mazrim

27 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Unfortunately you had a coach that didn't know how to use him, he was an out and out "goal poacher" just like Jimmy Greaves, didn't track back, hardly bothered to tackle

As McEnroe once said "You cannot be serious" in making a comparison between Hogan and Jimmy Greaves.

Did you ever see Jimmy play (live or recorded)? He had a bit more to his game than being just a "goal poacher", although he admittedly did score goals for fun as well. Jimmy was one of England's best ever strikers and was arguably the best, would Hogan be considered one of Brentford's best even? 😮

31 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yeah I know. A shame but like I said, I was just guessing. Might not have been him.

Basically, think of a 20-25 year old with immense potential and decent record. Most likely not UK based as better value. Tenacious/combative mentality. Fast.

Chances are we're interested.

Jean-Phillipe Mateta from Mainz fits that bill, looks like a similar player to Wesley. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Someone told me yesterday (fairly close to the club) that we’re still after one more striker that will break our transfer record. He believes Maupay is plan B.

Can’t see it myself...but exciting all the same.

To reiterate an earlier poster Dan Bardell said this also on the Villa View podcast today. It does fit: Maupay wants to come and play under Smith as he could walk into an offer from Sheffield or Brighton which is likely Maupay's plan B. I think he is our back up option, I think we will offer for a very talented European forward, likely a right winger as it suits our system and we also stopped at £14m for Benrahma which suggests we have eyes for that position.

My money is on Florian Thauvin. 

You heard it here first.

• Like 1