Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Sheff utd hopefully giving up on Maupay and going for Oliver mcburnie.

Brentford looks like they are chasing Joel Valencia from piast gliwice to replace one of there strikers.

So hopefully this means Maupay will be on his way soon, hopefully an announcement this week.

So fed up of paying Brentfords asking price on fifa 19 for Maupay, last time I got him it cost me 23 million with a 10% sell on fee darn you Brentford, if he becomes ours I won't need to pay that In fifa 20. Can't wait for the game for many reasons, one being I won't have to keep sorting contracts out from the ones we let go every first season lol, another being all the new modes, changes they are making.

Edited by Dave-R

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Leave Heaton be and get Etherridge or pay the extra for butland, its daft to bring Heatin on board at that price. Ive a feeling Steer would keep Heaton out the squad as well, Butland and etheridge would be much tougher competition for Steer.

Heaton is for me best one of theme, has had more impact for hes team than the others. Plus he has never been relegated like Butland and Etheridge. 33 years old could have 3-4 good years. This price is for me is not much considering how many points he can win. (has been doing last years for Burnley)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

One thing I will say about Butland is that it might be a point of principle for us not to go back in.

I can see that as being the case. The owners a smart enough to know that you have to be prepared to walk away from a negotiation and not do the deal at all. Not only that, once you have walked away you move on and don't look back. Especially if the reason you have walked away is because you had a price bumped on you after an apparent agreement in principle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I think it still could be, i looked at his Instagram and he was in London a couple of days ago.... 

Oh my god I think he was at Hogwarts. Does he know Ron Weasley is a Villa fan?

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Heaton was out 202 days with shoulder injury in 17/18 and only 4 CS in 17 games last season. He's cooked

He was playing for Burnley, ffs.  I'll be delighted if the opposition fails to score in nearly a quarter of our games.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jonsi77 said:

Heaton is for me best one of theme, has had more impact for hes team than the others. Plus he has never been relegated like Butland and Etheridge. 33 years old could have 3-4 good years. This price is for me is not much considering how many points he can win. (has been doing last years for Burnley)

Well a keeper does get more age expiration than the other positions on the field. I don't think There past stats with there current clubs matter too much as it will really be about what Smith and CO can do with whichever keeper they bring in. If they see Heaton as the man they can mould, well who am i really to say hes not for Villa, especially if they can get five years at least or more out of him. 

I do think bringing in a young lad will have long term effects though, moulding that keeper into the keeper he can become would probably benefit us more.

My worry with Heaton is he's been injured before and in recent times we've not had good track record with keepers staying injury free.

Well the last ‘old’ keeper we signed for the first team did pretty damn well! Ok, he was cheaper(£2.2M, 11 yrs ago)  but at 36, Freidel was an excellent keeper for us for 3 years. Heaton at 3 years his junior even at £8M (plus add-ons) is a steady, reliable keeper who would help organise the defence, add much needed experience both in and off the field and probably earn us 8-10 points per season. Astute purchase IMO. 

• Like 4

So this leaves us with.

Heaton 

Guilbert Engels Mings Targett

Luiz

McGinn     Jack

Jota.                                ElGhazi

Wesley

Bench: Steer, Konsa, Hause, Hourihane, Elmo, Trezeguet, Kodjia

Chester, Green, Lansbury and Taylor too. Starts getting tough to select the bench when you add in Nakamba to the XI and Luiz to the Bench.

3 minutes ago, eholm said:

Once Nakamba and Heaton are completed, I can only see a ST coming in or a wide forward that can also play as an out and out ST. 

I love this game. Its been going on all summer. Once x is done, I can only see y and z.

Signs x, y, z, a, b...

Once c is done I can only see d and maybe e, then we're done.

Sign c, d, e, f, g, h...