Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Suppose it depends on what you define as a flop, do you blame the player for not giving the manager enough reasons to pick you or do you blame the manager for having blind faith in other players. Either way they were both deemed not good enough for the first team and sold. That's a flop to me.

I hear what you're saying. 2 of the best players in the world though now. Somebody at Chelsea dropped a massive pair of bollocks. Like when Godzilla went through puberty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Mazrim said:

I hear what you're saying. 2 of the best players in the world though now. Somebody at Chelsea dropped a massive pair of bollocks. Like when Godzilla went through puberty.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, Godzilla sized meat clackers less so...

Andra Bellotti or Andre Silva?!  Timo Werner is too unrealistic in my view ... Jean-Philippe Mateta or Jean-Kevin Augustin perhaps... 

yes I’m bored and googling European based  strikers 🤔😂

Edited by thabucks

12 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

No way.

Oh yes.  Hats off to the Besiktas nutjob fanbase.  That's a cracking achievement in fairness.

Leipzig forward Timo Werner is said to have requested to be substituted during the club's first ever away Champions League fixture because of noisy Beskitas fans.

The 21-year-old Germany international could not handle the cacophony inside Beskitas' Vodafone Arena and was replaced after 32 minutes.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, deeps said:

I watched the VV episode on my lunch and seen that Dan mentioned an ambitious bid for a striker. Still thinking it will be Maupay

I don't think Maupay would constitute ambitious.

I'd suggest most of the footballing world have never heard of him and he's really only had one good season to date in his career.......and that was at 2nd tier level.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Luiz didn't really flop first time round though did he?

Digressing a bit here from topic, but I think he did - was viewed as a liability. Chelsea thought they had a result selling him for £50m and everyone laughed when they re-bought him for £38m but he was immense in that role under Conte?

12 minutes ago, deeps said:

I watched the VV episode on my lunch and seen that Dan mentioned an ambitious bid for a striker. Still thinking it will be Maupay

Haven't listened to the whole pod yet but in that section I believe he said Maupay was the plan B if we don't get the 'ambitious' target we are supposedly after.

No idea who this ambitious target is though.

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Are we going to sell or loan out anyone this window do you think? Surprised there's been no rumours, aside from one Tranmere link for RHM

I think we'd like to sell quite a few but many are on decent wages and proving difficult to shift, might see a few outgoings loan or otherwise over the next week.

I expect all that's left now after Nakamba and Heaton is a striker. Most likely Maupay?

Incredible we've managed to do near enough all our business a week and a bit before the season starts.

I am guessing all of this...

I am loving the way we are going about our transfer business.
The ages of players are right; getting business done early; and with the GK - it seems we have multiple targets for each position, and each one has a price. If we can't get the first one done, we move onto the next, and so on. And if this means we go back to an earlier player for more money, then we do. Because we have a plan.

It feels really good.

How about Matheus Cunha, played for Brazil in the Toulon tournament and was top goal scorer, and our French scout Olivier Monterrubio was there watching players, would know Luiz, and played with, can also play on the wing or upfront, is meant to be lighting quick.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, deeps said:

Bardell's rumour could well be old news now. I reckon it was that Leao guy, but he chose AC Milan. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Someone told me yesterday (fairly close to the club) that we’re still after one more striker that will break our transfer record. He believes Maupay is plan B.

Can’t see it myself...but exciting all the same.

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Bardell's rumour could well be old news now. I reckon it was that Leao guy, but he chose AC Milan. 

I’m hopeful it wasn’t Leao and we have someone else in our sights with Maupay back up to that... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

The podcast was recorded last night and released this morning, would depend on when he last spoke to his source I suppose, but I doubt he'd put it out there unless he was told this information fairly recently.

I don't know if I believe it myself to be honest, but I wouldn't be too surprised if there was one last big signing left in us this summer.

• Like 1