Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

10 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I just have this niggling feeling that we would have been better off with Adam Webster than with Konsa and Engels...hope it goes away!

In the short term maybe. 

But at the end of the day they are 3 players who have never played in the prem . So I am glad we have spread the risk over 2 players.

Edited by hippo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

gonna take a risk and post a Nixon tweet

Jesus ...I reckon we could have got Etheridge for £12m.

That's a lot of cash - and whilst he might perform - we are unlikely to recoup any of that in a future sale.

3 hours ago, jonjon said:

You are not wrong in your appraisal of Neil Maupay, he will be every defenders nightmare, small, quick, nippy and able to turn defenders inside out at times, just look back when you played us at Griffin Park and look at the reaction of Mings when he done him up like a kipper and scored.

We know It’s on the cards he will be on his way to you once we have signed our new forward, that’s why he’s not be involved in pre season matches, as we are protecting him from injury to get a price that is suitable to both sides.

If you do get him you will not be disappointed, he’s the hardest working forward I have ever seen in over 60 years of supporting the Bees, and please don’t compare him with that lazy arse Hogan, his work rate and attitude are worlds apart, and no, we don’t want Hogan back. !!!  

thanks

I would still know from a bees perspective what went wrong with us & Hogan?

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

It’s like the old saying. If you throw enough shit at a wall then some of it will hit a broken clock twice. Or something

I think its......."If you throw enough shit at the wall, eventually you will run out of shit".....it makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cant believe Bristol City actually got that fee for Webster. crazy money

I can. Mings and Webster are at a similar level for me and clubs get desperate towards the end of the window. 

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

It’s like the old saying. If you throw enough shit at a wall then some of it will hit a broken clock twice. Or something

No, that’s wrong, isn’t it:

if you throw an infinite amount of shit at an infinite amount of monkey clocks a broken Shakespeare typewriter is right twice a day, but never on a Wednesday?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Jesus ...I reckon we could have got Etheridge for £12m.

That's a lot of cash - and whilst he might perform - we are unlikely to recoup any of that in a future sale.

If we don’t go down, and can have 2-3 good seasons of him, then he done his job. Its not that we’re paying 25m for him.

We just need to manage it properly. Some players if we get them for 10-15m and we get the best out of them for couple of seasons then thats great. 

I assume we can’t sell Kodjia for more than 4m, but he’s done his job.

Its the likes of Hogan and McCormak who let us down. When you get a player and them find that you’re playing your kids instead of him.

Happy for us to follow our transfer strategy for every other position but don't **** about when it comes to the keeper. Get in whoever is right for right now. In nearly 20 years we've had one really good one that felt like a difference maker, one!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree.

However, I like both, I think both styles have there place. I would like Maupay too, for the same reason as you.....most Centre backs in the prem are quality and are adept at dealing with high balls, but can get tangled with quick will-o-wisp strikers like Aguero and Salah.

I am not saying Maupay is that good obviously, but he has their traits.....aggressive and an ability to move in and out of the lines, in short he is elusive.

This gives Dean smith the opportunity to change a game......sometimes we change a player, but not the game.....because we didn't have the diversity of player.

Agreed and I think the worst thing we could do would be to bring someone in who is like Wesley, it's the difference between players that gives us those options on the pitch to change it up.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Heaton is so much better than Etheridge plus he's a better organiser. One thing I will say about Butland is that it might be a point of principle for us not to go back in. 

So no Walter Benitez? 😥

Leave Heaton be and get Etherridge or pay the extra for butland, its daft to bring Heatin on board at that price. Ive a feeling Steer would keep Heaton out the squad as well, Butland and etheridge would be much tougher competition for Steer.