sne

57 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Well, well, well. 

Interesting. 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d40a5725439544e4d

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I dont really care about his intentions, he was on the verge of ending Villa as we know it.

In my opinion what he did borders being criminal, if it not de facto was. On top of that he was full of crap giving out promises that he no way would be able to fulfill. He expceted us fans to buy into his lies and keep putting our souls and our money into the club. No matter what his intentions may or may not have been or what role the change of policy in China may have played, he was a con man. In my eyes he does not deserve the slightest respect, but should be glad that he is not behind bars.

Spot on. Whilst Wyness was a crook, Xia was either stupid beyond comprehension or complicit all the way. The reason he stopped spending was because the parachute money ran out. He didn’t put a penny of his own money in, I doubt he had any to put in anyway, he just borrowed against the parachute payments until his Chinese backers caught on and pulled the plug. This line about The Chinese Government making it hard to get money out is a nonsense, wealthy men are always in control of their money, otherwise people would lose confidence in investing in Chinese businesses. 

There was someone else involved in the initial takeover too, who was an out and out crook, but I can’t remember his name. Anyway back on topic, great transfer window so far under proper owners. 

Pretty sure it was reported at the time that Xia was putting in £5m a month out of his own money just to keep us going, but then he ran out of money in the UK and wasn't allowed to bring in any more from out of China. Also I'm not even sure if parachute payments wouhd have even have funded our wage bill, never mind the transfer fees as well. So whilst it seems that he ran the club pretty recklessly along with Wyness, I'm not sure if he's as big of a villain as some think, I wouldn't like to say either way.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Am I the only one thinking it's a bit weird how long it takes us to sign Marvelous, while spotting more links to Santa Maria and Phillips? Probably just rubbish rumours, but it's a bit odd

No, me too, Marvelous may well be the smokescreen for one of the other 2 you mention.

25 minutes ago, useless said:

Pretty sure it was reported at the time that Xia was putting in £5m a month out of his own money just to keep us going, but then he ran out of money in the UK and wasn't allowed to bring in any more from out of China. Also I'm not even sure if parachute payments wouhd have even have funded our wage bill, never mind the transfer fees as well. So whilst it seems that he ran the club pretty recklessly along with Wyness, I'm not sure if he's as big of a villain as some think, I wouldn't like to say either way.

As you say it’s hard to know the truth. Either way it was pretty shambolic and very nearly disastrous. Still it’s all turned out rather nicely......so far.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Well, well, well. 

Interesting. 

Who’s this Interesting bloke. Are we getting him instead of Marvelous? Or is it Well-Well-Well a fancy triple barrel named midfielder like Eric Djemba-Djemba? Or perhaps the Well brothers? The first time three players from the same family have joined a team at the same time? I would say it was intriguing, but I think he’s going to Norwich. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

That’s Mattia Perin ... The are both class but Perin is made of glass somewhat. 

My mistake. The question mark I had in my head about Benitez was to do with a work permit, specifically would he get one? So many players bought and linked, it’s all getting a bit confusing!

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Who’s this Interesting bloke. Are we getting him instead of Marvelous? Or is it Well-Well-Well a fancy triple barrel named midfielder like Eric Djemba-Djemba? Or perhaps the Well brothers? The first time three players from the same family have joined a team at the same time? I would say it was intriguing, but I think he’s going to Norwich. 

You worked so hard on that, it deserved a like. 

• Like 1

Fedor Chalov 21 yo Russian striker who scored 17 goals and got 7 assists last season for CSKA has been linked to Palace for £14 million was top scorer in the Russian league. We should go in for him at that price. 

Edited by thabucks