Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

One of those players who has always been highly rated but has looked awful every time i've seen him play.

Really? I think he's class.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I know but I'm always hesitant once someone fails in the PL however good they might go and become in another league, some people are just not suited for the culture here.

Have there been any examples of someone coming to the PL, flopping and then coming back later in the future to do well?

Micah - well except for the last bit !

I know but I'm always hesitant once someone fails in the PL however good they might go and become in another league, some people are just not suited for the culture here.

Have there been any examples of someone coming to the PL, flopping and then coming back later in the future to do well?

Always a risk, but he was signed under a Steve McClaren regime, the season they got relegated and McClaren was sacked. He went on loan after 6 months so it does suggest the fit wasn't good, he was a 21y.o. He has prospered in a big way since and surely matured too. I think Valencia and Arsenal have looked at him. He does want another shot at the Premier League but like Leao, I think it may be too much too soon at the moment.

Re returning foreigners: yes, there must be loads, surely. David Luiz?

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Salah and De Bruyne would be obvious ones 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

If between us we keep throwing names out for this mystery attacker/wide player we're bound to get it right. I'm liking Thauvin and Werner so far. I'd like to mention Bergwijn and Lozano from PSV. They have been knocked out of the Champions League qualifiers so they'll both almost certainly move. Would definitely be a club record fee for either.

9 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

If between us we keep throwing names out for this mystery attacker/wide player we're bound to get it right. I'm liking Thauvin and Werner so far. I'd like to mention Bergwijn and Lozano from PSV. They have been knocked out of the Champions League qualifiers so they'll both almost certainly move. Would definitely be a club record fee for either.

Never heard of him then got him from free gold pack today in FIFA 19

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Never heard of him then got him from free gold pack today in FIFA 19

I'll take that as a sign. I follow PSV as much as can as I've always had a soft spot for them. He's been my number one transfer target for Villa for a while now. 15 goals and 13 assists from out wide last season and he's only 21 now. Can play up front or either wing. Would be such a statement if we did sign him.

21 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Always a risk, but he was signed under a Steve McClaren regime, the season they got relegated and McClaren was sacked. He went on loan after 6 months so it does suggest the fit wasn't good, he was a 21y.o. He has prospered in a big way since and surely matured too. I think Valencia and Arsenal have looked at him. He does want another shot at the Premier League but like Leao, I think it may be too much too soon at the moment.

Re returning foreigners: yes, there must be loads, surely. David Luiz?

Luiz didn't really flop first time round though did he?

If this rumour of a striker is true and we pull it off I would take it they would be our number 1 striker with Wesley as rotation/back up... hope this rumour is true and we get them in .... 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If this rumour of a striker is true and we pull it off I would take it they would be our number 1 striker with Wesley as rotation/back up... hope this rumour is true and we get them in .... 

2 players competing for 1 spot. Could also play together. We need to stop thinking in terms of starters and back up. You play on merit, as it should be.

• Like 3

But again, did they flop first time round?

Salah maybe.....

De Bruyne, played 9 games for Chelsea, was then loaned out and sold, I'd say that's a flop.

Salah, 19 games, was then loaned out and sold.

Neither really held down a first team place.

I have a feeling that it will be Maupay as our record breaking striker, for about £25m. Quite pricey, but could be worth it. A Very different type of player to Wesley, but another hard worker, and could play alongside Wesley when needed.

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Not flops. Just idiocy by Chelsea.

Suppose it depends on what you define as a flop, do you blame the player for not giving the manager enough reasons to pick you or do you blame the manager for having blind faith in other players. Either way they were both deemed not good enough for the first team and sold. That's a flop to me.

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

He was substituted from a game last year because the crowd were quite noisy and it hurt his ears.

He should go to small heath, then.