Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Bardell's rumour could well be old news now. I reckon it was that Leao guy, but he chose AC Milan. 

Nah, if it was we would have signed Maupay last week when Leao decided on Milan. Maupay is too obvious, something else is brewing.....

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Anyone know Dan to ask who it is?

He stated in the pod he didn't know who it was, just that it was an ambitious target and Maupay is plan B if it doesn't happen. I can't re-watch now as I'm at work but for those who can...

Edited by Teale's 'tache
formatting
  • Like 1

Really hope there is a big fat cherry of a striker to top off the icing of this transfer window added to the cake of our promotion team.

(have possibly stretched that metaphor a bit far)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Nah, if it was we would have signed Maupay last week when Leao decided on Milan. Maupay is too obvious, something else is brewing.....

Not necessarily. We would still  have to negotiate a fee with Brentford. 

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

So that Connor kid off twitter was bang on then,apart from Phillips. I'm assuming Nakamba is the backup option due to leeds' valuation, so don't expect Phillips in as well now. 

Who did he have on the list?

17 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

So that Connor kid off twitter was bang on then,apart from Phillips. I'm assuming Nakamba is the backup option due to leeds' valuation, so don't expect Phillips in as well now. 

And even then he was clearly bang on about the fact Phillips was definitely a target, so not 'wrong' in that sense.  We just had to go to plan B* because Leeds held firm, which is fairy nuff.

* Although it stilll remains to be seen whether the mythical Marvelous Nakamba actually exists

It would be nice to top off a very active and positive window with a final signing that really gets everyone excited. Could have been Leao but that ship appears to have sailed. Maupay wouldn't be a bad signing necessarily but it would be nice if the club had someone more proven and exciting than him lined up. 

They were at the under 21 Championships so someone like Brekalo or Chiesa would be exciting, but both wingers. I'd personally like someone lined up who knows how to put the ball in the net as I still feel we need more goals. 

I also wouldn't be opposed to us signing Harry Wilson as I reckon he will turn out a pretty damn good player 👍

We still might go for Phillips yet, seems unlikely if we sign Nakamba, but when we'd already signed Hause, Mings, and Konsa, I doubt many would have imagined that we'd then go and also sign Engels. I'd be surprised though.

2 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

So would you take 10million and hogan back for Maupay?

Good lord, no!!! perhaps if you give £20 Million and pay Hogans wages for 3 years we might consider it. 🤣

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Good lord, no!!! perhaps if you give £20 Million and pay Hogans wages for 3 years we might consider it. 🤣

The Villa of the last 10 years may well have gone for that.

I can't message him as I don't have a twitter account, I doubt that he'd say anything now anyway. I do know that Bardell's words were that the striker we want would be an 'ambitious, big swoop'. Only eight days left of the transfer window to go now, so we'll find out soon enough.

Only 8 days left! 

I can't see us being involved in any last minute shenanigans judging by how it's gone so far. After Heaton and the amazingly medicalized Marvellous Medicine Nakamba, striker and that's it? RB/LB cover? Winger?

With only the strongly rumoured signings coming in I don't think we're relegation fodder. Anything on top of that and the squad is looking very tasty indeed when you think who we had on the books after we got shot of 14 players...

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

Well now this is close to being done the foreign keeper was...well let's just say he's not as useless as his name suggests. 

Juan Nosaves?

Gareth Wrongfoot?

Howler Jones?

Assuming Heaton comes in as expected, I think we're another striker from having a nearly flawless window.

I'd rather that striker isn't Maupay, but needs must I guess.

• Like 3