Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

20 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Heaton, Nakamba and Wilson and we’re probably done. We’ve got a lot of players for each position, hopefully we’re strong enough defensively and offensively.

However, I feel Wesley will need to hit the ground running and score more goals than he did at Bruges for us to have a successful season.

The way Wesley operates I think we will have more goals from midfield. All but 3 have came from the midfield in pre season

Someone told me yesterday (fairly close to the club) that we’re still after one more striker that will break our transfer record. He believes Maupay is plan B.

Can’t see it myself...but exciting all the same.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Someone told me yesterday (fairly close to the club) that we’re still after one more striker that will break our transfer record. He believes Maupay is plan B.

Today, right?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Did you hear this mystery strikers name too? Can we have a cryptic clue?

26 minutes ago, Farlz said:

So Nixon was the first with this

Yep, but careful with that talk in here, you might get tarred and feathered. Nixon knows nothing remember!

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Dan Bardell has mentioned this on the Villa View Podcast this morning.

In for a striker, which if we pull off will be a massive signing. Maupay is plan B.

Very exciting if true. However he obviously didn't give a name.

Just now, Rob182 said:

Yep, but careful with that talk in here, you might get tarred and feathered. Nixon knows nothing remember!

He knows how to lie and block people. That's pretty much it. He's a cock!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

In for a striker, which if we pull off will be a massive signing. Maupay is plan B.

Aguero

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Has to be Leao surely?

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Makes a bit of sense because I'd imagine we could've had Maupay done and dusted at this stage if we wanted to.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

How much have we spent/going to spend? We are “doing a Villa”

If we spend twice as much as Fulham.....We have twice the chances of staying up......That'll shut the ******* up.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he signed for Milan

Has he actually signed yet? Didn't think he had.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're waiting for it to be confirmed and will then move onto Maupay.

Just read that Sheffield United are spending £17m on McBurnie lol. Give me Maupay over him all day every day.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Only player I can think of is Mbappe, I'm sure that I remember reading earlier in the summer that he wants to leave Paris Saint-Germain.

You mean the French Mbappe? 

If the rumours of interest in Leao were true I'd expect it to be someone in that mould, ie young, huge potential in the striker/wide forward position. 

Probably not the French Mbappe but maybe the Dutch or Swedish one. 

Edited by villaglint

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

You mean the French Mbappe? 

If the rumours of interest in Leao were true I'd expect it to be someone in that mould, ie young, huge potential in the striker/wide forward position. 

Probably not the French Mbappe but maybe the Dutch or Swedish one. 

We already missed out on the 2 big Swedish striker talents this summer, Isak and Nygren.

Same with the Dansih one Skov who went to Hoffenheim.

• Like 1