Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

If we were to sign another right winger I think it would be someone younger than Matty Phillips, and more of a noticable upgrade on that which we already have.

Edited by useless

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think this is too much of a risk for our first PL season. We don't have a great record with foreign keepers recently. Gollini was a disaster and an English keeper steadied the ship. We brought nyland & Kallinic. More disaster and an English keeper provided a safe pair of hands. It is important for the GK to settle quickly and communicate with the defence. A British based goalie might be a safer bet. 

What is with this common sense you write?!

In truth though I think there is a bedding down process with any new keeper regardless of nationality.

Also take into consideration that the vocabulary for foreign keepers to learn and be affective is substantially smaller than that of an outfield player.  Far easier to communicate...…. Yes, no, left, right, keepers, push out, oi you, cover here, cover there, watch that runner, get the f*** out my way, S***, it wasn't my fault, tighten up you donkey's, sorry ref I was taught to punch in my country, etc, etc.  Yep, I think as a foreign keeper you should be good to go with an afternoon's worth of English Language for Foreign Goalkeepers.  

55 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think this is too much of a risk for our first PL season. We don't have a great record with foreign keepers recently. Gollini was a disaster and an English keeper steadied the ship. We brought nyland & Kallinic. More disaster and an English keeper provided a safe pair of hands. It is important for the GK to settle quickly and communicate with the defence. A British based goalie might be a safer bet. 

I don’t care who the GK Tbh or what nationality. Gollini wasn’t a bad signing or keeper but it soured when the Italian manager and GK coach were fired so soon. The other two can’t really argue about. The whole freebentitez post was tongue in cheek as it’s tenuous speculation based on one tweet and his partner liking it by all accounts .... Statistically a great keeper though and I’m more worried about how Steer dies than the nationality of our new goalie. 

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

Let’s save ourselves some money and get Joel Valencia as he will no doubt be worth £20 million in a years time 🤣😂

With inflation that will be £22 million 🤣👍