Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

22 minutes ago, jonjon said:

You are not wrong in your appraisal of Neil Maupay, he will be every defenders nightmare, small, quick, nippy and able to turn defenders inside out at times, just look back when you played us at Griffin Park and look at the reaction of Mings when he done him up like a kipper and scored.

We know It’s on the cards he will be on his way to you once we have signed our new forward, that’s why he’s not be involved in pre season matches, as we are protecting him from injury to get a price that is suitable to both sides.

If you do get him you will not be disappointed, he’s the hardest working forward I have ever seen in over 60 years of supporting the Bees, and please don’t compare him with that lazy arse Hogan, his work rate and attitude are worlds apart, and no, we don’t want Hogan back. !!!  

What makes you think he will be coming to villa and not say......sheffield or another prem team?

I haven't actually seem any concrete links to us for maupay other than the usual paper talk?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Well, well, well. 

Interesting. 

I think I've heard the same!  Interesting indeed !

Just kidding, not a clue what's going on. I get my Villa news from here.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, eholm said:

I think you’ve misunderstood what @villareport posts on his twitter account. He is basically a Villa news aggregator (a twitter version of Newsnow) and merely posts what is reported on Villa across the web. He never claims to verify any of the information as that is not his purpose; he simply posts Villa news reported, it’s up to the reader to decide the veracity if the information. Think you should understand what certain accounts do prior to unfairly judging them. Personally, I think his account provides a quick and immediate summary of Villa bits and pieces in one place and is pretty useful 👍

Easily the best Villa account to follow on Twitter. 

• Like 2

if we are gonna buy Maupay, needs to be a double deal of Maupay and Benrahma :P

i really........really want Benrahma......

30m for the pair :P

Edited by MaVilla

Well lets see if they come up with anything in the coming days, it's gone very quiet recently, but we're in a strange situation where we could conceivably not sign any more players, or we could still yet sign another three or four.

10 hours ago, NIVillan said:

We need to stop bitching about Xia selling any sell on clauses.  Xia kept us out of bankruptcy long enough for us to get our current owners in.

Wyness wanted us to go into admin so he could get his mates to buy us on the cheap.

Xia has many faults but he was a breath of fresh air at the time, allowing Villa Fans to believe again.  The first year bills were paid and he was pumping money in and we did a lot of Spending that first Summer and then Bruce in that first Winter transfer time.

Something happened where he was no longer able to pump money in etc but he allowed Bruce to bring in loans such as Snodgrass and sign Terry.  He gambled and lost.

Xia respected Villa and wanted the best for his dream of taking the club back.

As said he has many faults, trusting pieces of poop like Wyness is one of them but Xia's time and the explosion of interest again when we just missed promotion attracted our new overlords and for that we should be thankful even if we miss a few million on sell on clauses.

I dont really care about his intentions, he was on the verge of ending Villa as we know it.

In my opinion what he did borders being criminal, if it not de facto was. On top of that he was full of crap giving out promises that he no way would be able to fulfill. He expceted us fans to buy into his lies and keep putting our souls and our money into the club. No matter what his intentions may or may not have been or what role the change of policy in China may have played, he was a con man. In my eyes he does not deserve the slightest respect, but should be glad that he is not behind bars.

• Like 3

Walter Benitez isn't actually involved in Nice playing at Burnley tonight. Not sure if that means he's leaving them or just injured. They were 4-0 down at half time anyway so missing him a fair bit. Saint Maxim and Kevin Gamiero upfront so it's a full strength team apart from keeper.

46 minutes ago, eholm said:

I think you’ve misunderstood what @villareport posts on his twitter account. He is basically a Villa news aggregator (a twitter version of Newsnow) and merely posts what is reported on Villa across the web. He never claims to verify any of the information as that is not his purpose; he simply posts Villa news reported, it’s up to the reader to decide the veracity if the information. Think you should understand what certain accounts do prior to unfairly judging them. Personally, I think his account provides a quick and immediate summary of Villa bits and pieces in one place and is pretty useful 👍

I'm pretty sure I've posted this exact explanation to this same person, sometimes people just don't want to know.

Not sure why one would have reason to resent villareport though, as I can't think of a single link that excited me that turned out to be b/s. The b/s ones were all ones I wouldn't have wanted anyway. It's been an incredible window really.

Edit: yes I have

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

What makes you think he will be coming to villa and not say......sheffield or another prem team?

I haven't actually seem any concrete links to us for maupay other than the usual paper talk?

It's been well documented on how highly Dean Smith thought of him when he was our coach, the respect was mutual, and its far easier for a non UK national to play for someone he knows well, you have large crowds, good support and can pay a lot more in wages than we can, so its not a difficult choice to make, I think the only team that could stand in your way would be Brighton, but I think that is a long shot.

Most paper talk is just that, but being a supporter of a club you piece together snippets of information gained from more reliable sources rather than believe click bait and the like.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I don’t care who the GK Tbh or what nationality. Gollini wasn’t a bad signing or keeper but it soured when the Italian manager and GK coach were fired so soon. The other two can’t really argue about. The whole freebentitez post was tongue in cheek as it’s tenuous speculation based on one tweet and his partner liking it by all accounts .... Statistically a great keeper though and I’m more worried about how Steer dies than the nationality of our new goalie. 

The nationality of the keeper doesn't matter, but a goalie from the English leagues will adapt quicker. As we need to hit the ground running, it is too much of a risk to have a GK who is going to be shaky for the first 10-15 games.

39 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've seen VillaReport link us to a bunch of players that never happened. Not reliable.  

troll GIF

Been watching the acc for most of summer , don't think they ever made any claims themselves and only retweet anything villa related , there is always a link to an outlet on each tweet