Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

@sir_gary_cahill I (respectfully) disagree and my initial  response was way too harsh in tone and uncalled for please accept my apologies as it was rightly pointed out I was out of line! 

Lookmam had Zero goals and 2 assists in 21 games last season . He hasn’t progressed and would cost reportedly £20million.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ademola-lookman/profil/spieler/406040

Goal scoring and assist record .

https://www.premierleague.com/players/13278/Ademola-Lookman/overview

Edited by thabucks
harsh in tone originally and rightfully pointed out. Apologies !

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

@sir_gary_cahill what’s your fascination with strikers with shit stats. Zero goals and 2 assists in 21 games last season . Austin’s record is pitiful. The aim is to improve the squad not weaken it by wasting money on crap. He hasn’t progressed and would cost reportedly £20million. Just no. 

That was stone cold mate 😬

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Delfouneso was my hero when I was growing up, he was amazing, he scored 9 for Blackpool last season and had his best season. Bowery didn’t play for us much but when he did, he looked more than decent, was it against Stoke I think? He ran them ragged, he was a punt and he didn’t quite work out

My first hero's growing up was Alan McInally & David Platt. I cried when both left the club! :D

just interested... What made you choose youth playerDelfouneso as hero over say any first team players SGC?

Edited by Villan4Life

23 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You finally got one right. You really are ITK!!

They say a monkey Will eventually compose Mozart if they are left to smack keys for an infinite amount of time :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

My hero's growing up was Alan McInally & David Platt. 

just interested... What made you choose Delfouneso as hero over say any first team players SGC?

Probably the mix of medication that did it :)

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

@sir_gary_cahill what’s your fascination with strikers with shit stats. Zero goals and 2 assists in 21 games last season . Austin’s record is pitiful. The aim is to improve the squad not weaken it by wasting money on crap. He hasn’t progressed and would cost reportedly £20million. Just no. 

He’s just got a different opinion to you and some others, as fascinating as reading page after page of ‘yes he is’ , ‘no he isn’t’ could you maybe just agree to disagree? 

I’m not having a go or anything :) 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He’s just got a different opinion to you and some others, as fascinating as reading page after page of ‘yes he is’ , ‘no he isn’t’ could you maybe just agree to disagree? 

I’m not having a go or anything :) 

I see what you're saying. 

You're saying you agree that Hepburn-Murphy should be starting ahead of Wesley this season? Bold. I look forward to seeing how this discussion develops.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

My first hero's growing up was Alan McInally & David Platt. I cried when both left the club! :D

just interested... What made you choose youth playerDelfouneso as hero over say any first team players SGC?

He was brilliant as a kid, I still remember he used to pick the ball up from the kick off and try to just dribble past the opposing team, he used to beat 3 or 4 regularly in youth matches, it was great to watch. He was my hero

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Cahill has a number of interested clubs. He won’t sign to one that is only offering a one year deal. 

A bit like JT then before we signed him.

He might have many offers..  He might be happy to come to Villa for a year and go from there?

Really happy with the signings so far, but oh my Lord do we need to get at least 1 centre back and a DM in this week......

Preferably 2 centre backs and a DM tbh.

Edited by MaVilla

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A bit like JT then before we signed him.

He might have many offers..  He might be happy to come to Villa for a year and go from there?

I hope not.

43 minutes ago, thabucks said:

@sir_gary_cahill Lookman had Zero goals and 2 assists in 21 games last season . He hasn’t progressed and would cost reportedly £20million.

Another promising player and I have been going on about him since Christmas.

@Villan4Life has ear ache cause of it.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, thabucks said:

@sir_gary_cahill I (respectfully) disagree and my initial  response was way too harsh in tone and uncalled for please accept my apologies as it was rightly pointed out I was out of line! 

Lookmam had Zero goals and 2 assists in 21 games last season . He hasn’t progressed and would cost reportedly £20million.

You don’t have to apologise, it’s what a message board is for, Lookman came on as sub a lot last season and throughout his Everton career. I’d take him, it’d be a gamble but he’s young and will improve over time 

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You don’t have to apologise, it’s what a message board is for, Lookman came on as sub a lot last season and throughout his Everton career. I’d take him, it’d be a gamble but he’s young and will improve over time 

Even his cameo roles he featured in there was glimpses of magic at times.

He is a promising one that's for sure and getting consistent games in the PL team, like Tuanzebe, will do him the world of good combined with the right coaching.

He would come to life at Villa imho. 

Daft as it sounds to some.. I would give Everton £20m today.

With due respect to all involved I think that if we go into a Premier League season expecting RHM to score the goals that keep us up, we’ll be playing Brentford (with their new starting 11) the following year. 

A lot of people are talking about suggested spending limits for this transfer window (£100m or £150m or whatever).

I think that's too simplistic. Spending £100m on 23-year-olds with lots of potential to improve is different from throwing cash at established talent. It's an investment.

We only need one or two of those players to become targets for Champions League clubs, and we've more than justified the original spend.

What we were doing before was signing older players on the cheap and young players on loans. It makes your overall transfer spend look much lower, but that's money you'll never see again - the older players can't be sold on, and any improvement in the young players is a gift to the parent club.

So once you take age into account, I think most of our transfer fees sound very sensible.