Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

IN: Phillips, Mings, Targett, Butland.

Then we still need another wide man plus 2 strikers.

Percy mentioned we're still looking at 6 or 7 as well as Butland, Jota, El Ghazi and Hause so can see it happening.

Would still love us to sign a striker like Gomez (unlikely) plus a trickier striker like Maupay, but can't see that happening sadly.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

well we have certainly missed a few lately in Callum Wilson and Maddison.....but I guess Mortimer and Dublin makes up for it.

Holy Cacking Batman!

So we are potentially to pair a Midfielder from Coventry, with a Midfielder from Hibs and a Special Home grown talent!

Right where is that Shirley Bassey Album with History Repeating on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes. They have a list of players they have to sell. 

I wonder if Jack Clarke is on that list? He would not come cheap, but he looks a special young player to me. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Lol i recommended Wilson & Maddison both on here -  VillaTalk when at Coventry too. 

That's appalling behaviour V4L! How dare you recommend that players from such a low standard could grace the fields of gold that the Premier League beholds?

I suppose you are the kind of man that thought Dele Alli could make it at Spurs or Aaron Ramsey would have made such an impact at Arsenal? 

Personally mate, I think you need to get yourself professionally contracted to the Villa and ask them for a tidy little number working the Dutch, German and French leagues looking for cheap talent out there. Summer hols in Nice and Monaco must surely be enticing? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, villarocker said:

That's appalling behaviour V4L! How dare you recommend that players from such a low standard could grace the fields of gold that the Premier League beholds?

I suppose you are the kind of man that thought Dele Alli could make it at Spurs or Aaron Ramsey would have made such an impact at Arsenal? 

Personally mate, I think you need to get yourself professionally contracted to the Villa and ask them for a tidy little number working the Dutch, German and French leagues looking for cheap talent out there. Summer hols in Nice and Monaco must surely be enticing? 

I already tried when Suso first arrived mate but he ignored both my emails that i sent to him for me one with my Scouting CV (i also attached a  number of player reports i've done including that Kalvin Phillips report & Tom Bayliss amongst a few others) and another email i sent few weeks later with promising Scottish players. Offered to work for free to Villa but didn't even got a reply to say "thanks , but no thanks" Oh well :D  i'll keep plugging away for my club Crewe. :) UTV

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Sad 1

If Villa buy Butland, Hause, Mings and say Targett for a total of around £53m and take Cahill on a free that would give us a decent defence to defend our first season back in the PL. Jota can be cover for both wings, with Green plus he can cover Jack's position too. Buy Phillips to play in front of the back four and that leave Hourihane to cover that role together with McGinn's. We then would need a starting right midfielder together with a starting striker and back-up striker. Personally, I would hope they would buy Lolley for £10m and Bowen for say £20m. Bowen can play wide right or down the middle. Lolley is more left-footer so can be the better cover for El Ghazi plus could probably have a go anywhere across the middle of the park. Just need a striker then. Spend £20-30m on someone new to the PL. Not a fan of Maupay but we would have some tough team if it comprised of him, Mings, McGinn and Phillips. 

7 minutes ago, villarocker said:

If Villa buy Butland, Hause, Mings and say Targett for a total of around £53m and take Cahill on a free that would give us a decent defence to defend our first season back in the PL. Jota can be cover for both wings, with Green plus he can cover Jack's position too. Buy Phillips to play in front of the back four and that leave Hourihane to cover that role together with McGinn's. We then would need a starting right midfielder together with a starting striker and back-up striker. Personally, I would hope they would buy Lolley for £10m and Bowen for say £20m. Bowen can play wide right or down the middle. Lolley is more left-footer so can be the better cover for El Ghazi plus could probably have a go anywhere across the middle of the park. Just need a striker then. Spend £20-30m on someone new to the PL. Not a fan of Maupay but we would have some tough team if it comprised of him, Mings, McGinn and Phillips. 

Green is nowhere near Premiership standard at minute and i have doubts he will be.  I hold out more hope for Hepburn-Murphy making the step up. 

• Like 1

I don't want to come across as one of these 'We NeEd tO siGN BalLotTeLi anD BaLe' people, but I do have concerns about multiple Championship targets.

Adding one or two as squad players seems fine to me, but when there is rumour-talk of potentially bringing in 3-4 to be first team players (Maupay, Benrahma, Phillips etc), this is when I start to get worried.

We're already hoping that McGinn and Grealish will be able to sufficiently contribute, and they're the only two names that are stapled into our starting eleven. Adding El Ghazi, and potentially Mings, means that's two more players that we're hoping will cut it.

I see where people are coming from, when they say that the Championship is still a league of good enough quality to make the step up to the Premier League. But I feel that we could be going into the season hoping that two thirds of our squad make the step-up to a new level that they've never played at. I do feel that it's less of a risk to get players from the French, Spanish, German or Italian leagues - with the added bonus that there is more often a bargain. Yes, there are a lot of crap teams in those leagues too, but also, the top half of all of those leagues will be pretty-much Premier League quality. I'd rather our team had a mix of players that we hope will make the step-up, and also have players that have consistently played at a higher level.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

IN: Phillips, Mings, Targett, Butland.

Then we still need another wide man plus 2 strikers.

Percy mentioned we're still looking at 6 or 7 as well as Butland, Jota, El Ghazi and Hause so can see it happening.

Would still love us to sign a striker like Gomez (unlikely) plus a trickier striker like Maupay, but can't see that happening sadly.

I can't be the only one thinking (in addition to Mings and Hause), we need to bring in a top quality CB to play on the right hand side?

For me, Goalkeeper, Left Back, 3 CB (including Mings and Hause), 1 CDM, 2 Wingers and 2 Strikers? That's ten as a minimum for me. Does anybody think we would be okay with less than that?

3 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

I can't be the only one thinking (in addition to Mings and Hause), we need to bring in a top quality CB to play on the right hand side?

For me, Goalkeeper, Left Back, 3 CB (including Mings and Hause), 1 CDM, 2 Wingers and 2 Strikers? That's ten as a minimum for me. Does anybody think we would be okay with less than that?

Does '2 wingers' include El Ghazi as one of them?