Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

If Villa buy Butland, Hause, Mings and say Targett for a total of around £53m and take Cahill on a free that would give us a decent defence to defend our first season back in the PL. Jota can be cover for both wings, with Green plus he can cover Jack's position too. Buy Phillips to play in front of the back four and that leave Hourihane to cover that role together with McGinn's. We then would need a starting right midfielder together with a starting striker and back-up striker. Personally, I would hope they would buy Lolley for £10m and Bowen for say £20m. Bowen can play wide right or down the middle. Lolley is more left-footer so can be the better cover for El Ghazi plus could probably have a go anywhere across the middle of the park. Just need a striker then. Spend £20-30m on someone new to the PL. Not a fan of Maupay but we would have some tough team if it comprised of him, Mings, McGinn and Phillips. 

Not a million miles from my view @villarocker but I rate Maupay very highly. Would also like Benrahma as an alternative to Lolley or Bowen but that's nit-picking

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So how many ITK's called this one? :D 

Maybe there was a medical yesterday, and one of the ITK's did say progress was being made on a forward (yes I know it is an easy predication!)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Maybe there was a medical yesterday, and one of the ITK's did say progress was being made on a forward (yes I know it is an easy predication!)

You're actually correct mate.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

That enough?

Yeah I think so. It's not very hard to be Belgian IIRC. Suppose it depends on whether he's applied for a passport but I can't see him listed as dual nationality anywhere atm

Edited by VILLAMARV
wordwang

Dunno what this website is, but...

"Long linked to Lazio, Newcastle and West Ham, Wesley Moraes will actually be playing for Aston Villa next season, according to HLN in Belgium.

The outlet broke the news on Thursday explaining the Villains have broken their record transfer fee to acquire the 22-year-old Brazilian from Club Brugge in a bid to get the goals required to stay up in the Premier League next season.

Aston Villa and the Belgian side are said to have agreed a €25m fee for the goalscorer, who will sign a five-year contract.

This, as well as the newly promoted club’s new record fee, is a record sale for a Jupiler Pro League team."

(Link: http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-agree-record-e25m-fee-striker-will-sign-five-year-contract/)

Re Big Wez, I know zip about this fella but judging by others views on Twitter (respected commentators with lots of followers) he is real talent and right up there in the most promising young strikers in Europe. Have to say his highlights reel is not the most exciting, the opposition doesn't look great, but he is a sharp finisher.

Edited by thunderball