Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Find a loophole and get him, Benteke and Weimann signed up on emergency loans in time for the weekend.

"Lads, it's Arsenal away." :thumb:

Actually don't think Benteke would have been bad for us this season. A loan would have been perfect.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

A winger and a striker short. 
But then, we all knew that. 

The striker thing I don't get. Looks like we were priced out of some deals - yet paid quite a hefty fee for Konsa - who may be a player in time - but that money could have gone towards a striker.

The striker we have brought - seems very similar to a striker we already had on the books in Davis.

We are going to have to buy a striker of sorts in the Jan window.

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

The striker thing I don't get. Looks like we were priced out of some deals - yet paid quite a hefty fee for Konsa - who may be a player in time - but that money could have gone towards a striker.

The striker we have brought - seems very similar to a striker we already had on the books in Davis.

We are going to have to buy a striker of sorts in the Jan window.

I think we got it wrong. Clearly we were in for a forward and a winger but got priced out. However it's generally more expensive to sign players in January. So bulking at what may have been an extra £2m-£3m on Benrahma for instance could really bite us if we go back in for him in Jan, as Brentford will likely turn the screw, especially if we are in/ around the relegation zone, which we almost certainly will be.

Not signing another forward was quite a big oversight. Strikes me as a bit of a failure in scouting. Maupay would have been great and we should have done more to get him, but surely there were other options.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

20 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Wilfried Bony still unattached and available I believe. Would he be that bad an option from the bench on a pay as you play deal until January?   He’s 31 now and not sure of his hunger, but on a free for 3/4 months? 

Lols 

a 31 year old striker, that is unattached at this stage immediately sends alarm bells. Must be reasons for it. 

Edited by Tayls

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Lols 

a 31 year old striker, that is unattached at this stage immediately sends alarm bells. Must be reasons for it. 

I know, I know.  I’m not struck on it either, but Kodj out at present and if Wesley/Davis or both get crocked, what next?   Cameron Archer?   I think we can all agree that we have left ourselves light up top. 

On 17/09/2019 at 17:59, ferguson1 said:

Wilfried Bony still unattached and available I believe. Would he be that bad an option from the bench on a pay as you play deal until January?   He’s 31 now and not sure of his hunger, but on a free for 3/4 months? 

1 goal in 7 games in Championship last season. Rather resign Chris Sutton ;)

On 17/09/2019 at 17:59, ferguson1 said:

He basically retired when he joined City. He has just collected pay checks since then. 

8 hours ago, sne said:

Papers linking us (and Leeds) with Coventry LB Sam McCallum.

Any thoughts @Villan4Life ?

He's a good player mate, Got good potential.

One for the future though  if we ever did sign him!!!  We in my view need be looking more at these sort of players  lower league players with good potential. UTV

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Just seeing the Chelsea highlights, surely Batshuyai could be a target?

Won't offer huge amount in build up play but similar to Tammy in that he comes alive in six yard box and ready for crosses and rebounds.

Palace got him on loan last January and he scored a few goals to kept them up so it's not like he'd be some impossible player to obtain on loan.

Add in Belgium and also Chelsea maybe able to sign players again and he's one I'd be looking at.