Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

30 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Is there any big scandinavian centre backs knocking around? We always seem to do well with them

I don't know many in Sweden or Norway (Ajer is the only one that comes to mind), but there's a few Danish options right now. 

Jacob Rasmussen, Fiorentina - Fiorentina bought him in January and he was loaned out to Empoli. Kind of the modern centre back, i. e. that he's a big and calm guy who's good on the ball. Give him a few years and I could see him be a solid player in one of the big leagues. 

Victor Nelsson, FC Nordsjælland - He's 20 and captain for his club. He's a leader, who, like Rasmussen, is good on the ball (every Nordsjælland player is). He's young, so a lot can happen, but right now I wouldn't be comfortable starting him in the Premiership.

Joachim Andersen, Sampdoria - Probably the biggest talent in Denmark right now. 23 years old and Transfermarkt values him at 25M euro. He's been linked with moves to all the major clubs  over the past year (Arsenal and Inter has been the two most consistent). He's a star. I normally don't rate Danes that much, but Anderson is incredible.

Rasmus Nissen Kristensen, Ajax - He's been a right back his entire career, but his size makes him an interesting prospect to move to centre back or maybe even a defensive midfielder (6'2). He comes from one of the top academies in Denmark (Midtjylland) and moved to Ajax in January of 2018 as a player with a lot of power. Ajax refined his technical ability. I think it would be good for him to try something new. He captained Denmark for a game or two at this past U21 Euro championships and forced Joakim Mæhle to play left back (I've seen Mæhle linked with a move to Crystal Palace to replace Wan-Bissaka, and he was linked with a move to Southampton back in January for 12M pounds). 

Edited by NPDK
Typos
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Is there any big scandinavian centre backs knocking around? We always seem to do well with them

Jannick Vestergaard (spelling??) from Southampton is a big tall danish defender. We could prepare ourselves for a ‘double swoop’ on Southampton duo

edit: according to wiki he’s 6 foot 6 inches (and that’s just his penis!)

Edited by alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Why is Leao the yam yam Lion unrealistic? He's not the French Mbappe. We can afford him. Villa / PL are a big step up...

Isn't the French Mbappe er... Mbappe? In much the same way that nature's snakes are, snakes ?!

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Isn't the French Mbappe er... Mbappe? In much the same way that nature's snakes are, snakes ?!

French Mbappe is Portuguese for "Portuguese Mbappe." It's a confusing language.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Even his cameo roles he featured in there was glimpses of magic at times.

He is a promising one that's for sure and getting consistent games in the PL team, like Tuanzebe, will do him the world of good combined with the right coaching.

He would come to life at Villa imho. 

Daft as it sounds to some.. I would give Everton £20m today.

That’s mighty bold talk Andy. Show us the money!!!!!

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Even his cameo roles he featured in there was glimpses of magic at times.

He is a promising one that's for sure and getting consistent games in the PL team, like Tuanzebe, will do him the world of good combined with the right coaching.

He would come to life at Villa imho. 

Daft as it sounds to some.. I would give Everton £20m today.

Look man! How many times have I told you we’re not signing Lookman!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I hear we are looking to make 5 signings this week. Targett, Wesley, Mings, Webster and Butland. Don't shoot the messenger! 

Yeah fine, but which day of the week? 

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I hear we are looking to make 5 signings this week. Targett, Wesley, Mings, Webster and Butland. Don't shoot the messenger! 

Isn't that what some untrustworthy itk on twitter said?

Not having a dig at you. I saw something earlier and have little faith in the sauce. 

Having said that it wouldn't surprise me. We need players and they will start coming in soon

Wouldn't be able to contain my excitement for Spurs away if by the end of this week our starting XI ends up looking like this.                            

Butland

Guilbert     Webster     Mings      Targett

Phillips

McGinn               Grealish

Benrahma                                     El Ghazi

Wesley 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

My first hero's growing up was Alan McInally & David Platt. I cried when both left the club! :D

just interested... What made you choose youth playerDelfouneso as hero over say any first team players SGC?

My first hero in football was Zico. I laughed when he smashed in the free kick v's Scotland at the 82 WC!!! 

p.s Off topic but it was a f****** disgrace the 82 England Team didn't have any Villa players in it!! 

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Wouldn't be able to contain my excitement for Spurs away if by the end of this week our starting XI ends up looking like this.                            

Butland

Guilbert     Webster     Mings      Targett

Phillips

McGinn               Grealish

Benrahma                                     El Ghazi

Wesley 

I have no reason to be - and my biggest concerns in that team are Wesley and Guilbert which undoes my entire next point - but I'd be a tad disappointed if bringing in Dean from Brentford (and the wonders they are known for in the market) and Suso as SD resulted into spending £130m this window on players from the Championship rather than finding some Gems for 5-12m abroad.

Dont get me wrong. I'd be happy with the team itself. It'd be a big step up on what we had last time we were in this league. Id be optimistic about our chances for the season - which is the important part I suppose!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I have no reason to be - and my biggest concerns in that team are Wesley and Guilbert which undoes my entire next point - but I'd be a tad disappointed if bringing in Dean from Brentford (and the wonders they are known for in the market) and Suso as SD resulted into spending £130m this window on players from the Championship rather than finding some Gems for 5-12m abroad.

Dont get me wrong. I'd be happy with the team itself. It'd be a big step up on what we had last time we were in this league. Id be optimistic about our chances for the season - which is the important part I suppose!

I mean, if you know they're good players and you have the money...who really cares? We tried the cheaper foreign gems the last time we were in the PL, it doesn't always work. Benrahma in particular is an exceptional talent. I think it's worth the extra 5-7 million having him already acclimatized to English football as opposed to picking him up directly from France when he was still raw. We know he can cut it. Ditto for Phillips and Webster. The step up to the PL is one our whole squad will be taking so they're not in it alone.

• Like 1