Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, MaVilla said:

So we now have signed Wesley, Hause, El Ghazi, Jota, Targett.

Who do we think will be next through the door??

A Keeper I think. Although it needs to be a Centre Back.

I think a Keeper and the CBs will all be targets we've been linked to already (Butland, Mings and Webster hopefully). I think a Winger, Striker and midfielder will be more left field. 

So we have spent 46m on Wesley, El Ghazi, hause, jota and targett.

Looking at the bare minimum we still need to buy, 2 x CB, 1 x DM, 1 x winger?

Mings, Webster, Phillips, benrahma, probably 70m for all of those?

That's 116m spent.....

Add butland at 20m?, 136m spent total?

We probably also need a backup DM tbh...and maybe even a second new winger.

Edited by MaVilla

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve not heard of him, as I don’t watch much French football, but I’d like us to be after another striker.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're only being linked with him because Lille are El Ghazi's old club.

Edited by His Name Is Death

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve not heard of him, as I don’t watch much French football, but I’d like us to be after another striker.

Dubbed the Portuguese Mbappe but €30mill reported asking price .... so in reality more like €15-€20 taken into consideration clickbait inflation. Can’t see it and know Jack shit about him .... fits the mould but I’m sure if he is that good he will have (currently) bigger clubs after him ...

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Wiki tells me 20 years old. Just above a 1 in 3 striker rate. Played first team football for Sporting and Lille. International caps all through the age groups up until 21.
Doesn't quite have the pedigree of a lad in and out of the Cambridge team for me.

I'm out.

I doubt he’ll join us if he knows Gary Gardner has gone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Obligatory YouTube video 

Reminds me a lot of Tammy.  Looking forward to everyone bitching about how many chances he's squandered, too...

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Dubbed the Portuguese Mbappe but €30mill reported asking price .... so in reality more like €15-€20 taken into consideration clickbait inflation. Can’t see it and know Jack shit about him .... fits the mould but I’m sure if he is that good he will have (currently) bigger clubs after him ...

Rather go for Maupay.

Just now, AshVilla said:

Rather go for Maupay.

They obviously have reservations paying the £20mill or whatever for Maupay for whatever reason ... who knows but the link is either agent drumming up interest.. clickbait journalism or we have fielded an approach ... who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Delfouneso is 28 and has 36 career goals. never once cracked double figures. He is about as useful as Jordan Bowery(please dont say Bowery was brilliant too ;) )  

Delfouneso was my hero when I was growing up, he was amazing, he scored 9 for Blackpool last season and had his best season. Bowery didn’t play for us much but when he did, he looked more than decent, was it against Stoke I think? He ran them ragged, he was a punt and he didn’t quite work out

13 minutes ago, Wes said:

With Everton definitely after a striker, and potentially a winger, I wonder if Lookman is available.

I’d take him, always looked good when I’ve seen him, just hasn’t held down a first team spot at Everton