Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

If I'm given the choice of Maxi Gomez for £35 or Tammy for £25 it's not much of a question for me. Give me Maxi Gomez. Tammy has loads of potential, but Maxi has already lived up to some of his.

I love Tammy for what he did last season and will fondly remember him ... however £25mill+ I’m not so sure ... IMO the best play would be try and get him in Jan or next summer at a reduced fee after he tanks (which he will inevitably do as he will never cut it @ Chel$ki) and get him sub £20mill which is more realistic given the fact that I have this nagging feeling  he is the next Dwight Gayle.... too good for EFL but not quite good enough for higher than lower/mid table Prem and considering the costs involved I’d wait and see how it pans out personally than chuck £€$¥ at the situation in the hope he signs this summer or seek better value on the continent .... #maxigomezissigningforvilla ...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I wonder if we will have one major signing?

I don't mind really if we buy a lot of good players we can develop etc, but would be interesting to know if we do have even one big ish signing planned.

Griezmann was looking for a new challenge. Let’s see if he can shine in the Premier League 🙂

32 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Don't really follow Spanish football, any good?

Me neither, but saw a Man U fan moaning we were showing more ambition than them so thought he can't be half bad!

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

I would have Cahill, Delph and Milner when we need 10+ signings, they wouldn’t hinder new blood development or a vibrant attacking style, they would add experience and solidity in areas where we need that not in attack. Any bottom half PL or indeed Norwich or Sheff Utd would love to be able to land those 3. We need a deep squad, we can’t just have young promise over a long tough competitive season.

Delph is playing for England tonight. Milner played in the Champions league final last week, and Cahill bears a grudge.

I both agree and disagree. I think they’re definitely definitely good enough. Would they perform to the highest level possible for the beloved villa or just want a final massive paycheque? I suspect the latter. So it has to be a no as that’s what we’ve got wrong in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Just for some lovely perspective, there have been 2 PL signings in June so far. We made one of them. 

But did the other team manage to offload a scuttlebutt claiming blue nose while taking one of their fiercest rivals best players for only a tiny outlay in cash????????

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Me neither, but saw a Man U fan moaning we were showing more ambition than them so thought he can't be half bad!

Maxi Gomez had a brilliant debut La Liga season in 17/18,  scored 17 goals in just over 30 games. Goals dried up this year although he still scored 13 so 30 goals in two La Liga seasons is pretty good.

Only 22 and very much a moblie targetman striker so I'd totally be up for this signing. He's in Uruguay squad for Copa America aswell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I loved the Sneijder summer. I started off thinking it was absolute balls and then slowly got swept up in it and dreamed we could get him. 

I'm going to jump on this one. He would replace Tammy nicely. Right age, right style. Most signings won't be mega but maybe we could have 1 or 2?

Let's get this snowballing so we can feel the crushing disappointment when he goes somewhere more established. 

We damand Maxi! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Ah the good old transfer window, where I can go from never having heard of a player to believing he is the second coming in one page of vt comments

Guilty 😞

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah let's not make the mistake that Fulham made and spend £100m on players, let's spend £300m instead! :D 

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

In a lot of ways we are this years Fulham. 

Lets hope it goes a bit better for us though. 

I'm good friends with a Fulham supporter and we've talked about their season many times.

They got relegated because:

• They had 2 new goalkeepers and couldn't decide which one was worse than the other
  • Their defense, apart from Chambers, was not Premier League quality
  • Their board overreacted and sacked Jokanovic way too early on into the season
  • They lost Schurrle to a virus for a quarter of the season and he was too inconsistent before that
  • They massively overpaid for Zambo & Seri, who didn't justify what they paid for them
  • Sessegnon didn't get a solid run of games as a winger, and played LB in place of Joe Bryan a lot of times.

Sounds like they started to get their act together after Parker took over, but by that point they were already relegated.  

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Don't all players in Spain have a buy-out clause written into their contracts by law? Wonder what his is....

A slightly random aside as it’s very unusual, but it’s actually possible the player can choose not to have a release clause, although it’s rare. A few Athletic Club players have done this in the past 12 months to show their loyalty to the club