Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

26 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Got 2 assists in a Champions League semi-final, despite a frustrating season with injuries. 5th highest assists in PL 2017/18, 6th highest goalscorer in PL 2016/17. And still only 23.

The idea that there are loads of young players of Alli's proven quality floating around Europe is ludicrous. Yes he had a bad World Cup, and yes he's gone missing a lot this season, but he's a top player.

Whenever I hear someone say "X is better than Alli" it's usually someone in their late twenties, playing at their peak, so an unfair comparison.

Can you really think of many players his age or younger who are doing what's doing? Mbappe is clearly ahead of him, but otherwise he's in the same bracket as Asensio, de Ligt, de Jong, Dembele, etc. Perhaps Foden will overtake him. I'd also be very keen to see how Grealish gets on next season.

Jack Grealish is better than Dele Alli.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Went on a YouTube spiral last night...  Yeah, I was bored...

Ended up watching highlights of dozens of Luton games from last season.  Justin played LB pretty much all season and doesn't mind playing there, from some interviews I've seen where he talks about it.  Most of the goals from both Luton and their opposition were from counterattacks.  Not gonna lie, the quality of goalkeeping and central defenders in League One is a bit comical at times, so a lot of goals Luton conceded didn't have him involved at all.

Pros:

• Rapid and works hard - The kid has bundles of pace and loves to get forward, but isn't afraid to bust a gut to get back and defend.
  • Two-footed - He's right footed, but is skilled with his left.  Put in some good crosses with his left, but also likes to cut inside and have a go with his right, a bit like El Ghazi does for us.
  • Solid set piece taker - Took most of Luton's corners/free kicks.  Has a great delivery on him with his right foot.
  • Great attitude - Comes across very well in his interviews.

Cons:

• Gets out-muscled by physical forwards
  • Not great in the air
  • Occasionally give away possession, which results in a chance for the opposition

Overall, the kid looks like a fantastic prospect, especially when you consider that he is only 21 and has played ~90 games for Luton's first team already.  Remember when Grealish was out of the team and our opponents would just double-mark El Ghazi out of the game?  They wouldn't be able to do that with someone like Justin playing behind him on the overlap.  In fact, I think the Justin/El Ghazi combo would destroy most defenses in the Championship.

Thanks for that very informative.

If that's the case we just need to sort the right side of our team out now :)   (Guilbert and a new right sided AM)

49 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Who is Dan Bardell and why does something he tweet make it legit? 

He runs the fan channel "The Villa View", used to work for the club as well presenting their facebook videos; interviewing Ian Taylor etc

He's well known for getting inside knowledge in the past.

Doesn't make the tweet "legit" but it carries more weight than someone random saying the same thing

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Junxs said:

He runs the fan channel "The Villa View", used to work for the club as well presenting their facebook videos; interviewing Ian Taylor etc

He's well known for getting inside knowledge in the past.

Doesn't make the tweet "legit" but it carries more weight than someone random saying the same thing

He also works for Sky so he's in and around hosts and presenters of Sky Sports a lot, so he likely hears things. I believe his ties to Sky are why the Villa View Podcast is actually done in a recording booth most of the time as he has access to those facilities. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

Went on a YouTube spiral last night...  Yeah, I was bored...

Ended up watching highlights of dozens of Luton games from last season.  Justin played LB pretty much all season and doesn't mind playing there, from some interviews I've seen where he talks about it.  Most of the goals from both Luton and their opposition were from counterattacks.  Not gonna lie, the quality of goalkeeping and central defenders in League One is a bit comical at times, so a lot of goals Luton conceded didn't have him involved at all.

Pros:

• Rapid and works hard - The kid has bundles of pace and loves to get forward, but isn't afraid to bust a gut to get back and defend.
  • Two-footed - He's right footed, but is skilled with his left.  Put in some good crosses with his left, but also likes to cut inside and have a go with his right, a bit like El Ghazi does for us.
  • Solid set piece taker - Took most of Luton's corners/free kicks.  Has a great delivery on him with his right foot.
  • Great attitude - Comes across very well in his interviews.

Cons:

• Gets out-muscled by physical forwards
  • Not great in the air
  • Occasionally give away possession, which results in a chance for the opposition

Overall, the kid looks like a fantastic prospect, especially when you consider that he is only 21 and has played ~90 games for Luton's first team already.  Remember when Grealish was out of the team and our opponents would just double-mark El Ghazi out of the game?  They wouldn't be able to do that with someone like Justin playing behind him on the overlap.  In fact, I think the Justin/El Ghazi combo would destroy most defenses in the Championship.

@KMitch top talent I’d analysis I’m very  impressed. You should become a scout you have a flair for it.

Edited by Villan4Life

Delph available for £15m from City

Any takers? I know how people love  having our old players back :D

Edited by sne

2 hours ago, sne said:

I can see some club like Bournemouth as they like to waste money splashing 30 million for a dream midfield of Delph and Drinkwater 

3 hours ago, sne said:

Does the £15m include the flute to charm him out of his basket before each game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 23/05/2019 at 11:01, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Seems a smart signing for a promotion push next season. I honestly do hope our signings and transfer activity isn't currently halted due to a possible promotion. I'd prefer it if we went on our business as planned to get a direct promotion next season, and rather adjust if we achieve a promotion. 

4 hours ago, sne said:

We 100% need to be on top of this....

We meet Man City's asking price.
We offer him massive wages.
We offer him a long term contract.
We offer him the club captaincy back.
We offer him whatever he wants.

Then we pull out at the last minute, because he failed a medical. We couldn't find a backbone or a heart.

word removed.

• Like 2

I think the main reason that I would like to go up is because I'm desperate to see how ambitious our owners are. 

For example will we be looking to go all out for young European talents like Joao Felix?? Teams like Wolves and West Ham have shown that it's possible to sign top players from foreign leagues. I think because of the money now, the days of only the top 4/5 singing top players are gone.

What are peoples expectations of what the summer could hold if we are success full on Monday?

4 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

What are peoples expectations of what the summer could hold if we are success full on Monday?

Don't. Please.

So desperate for a win.

• Like 1