Racism Part two

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I assume the 'contrarian commentator' is supposed to be Brendan O'Neill and in response to this ? 

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/12/06/the-millwall-revolt/

Football fans have had enough of the virtue-signalling nonsense of Black Lives Matter.........................

I never believed a word I read in Living Marxism

The absolute rocket polisher Brendan O'Neill still actually identifies as a Marxist too

Just remember, you are reading the words of someone who supports the IRA and thinks its bombing of Warrington was justified

• Like 1

Millwall players kneel, fans boo, the media is outraged.

Millwall players stand through it while QPR players take a knee, fans clap, the media think this is progress.

Interesting. FWIW, I don't think any player should take a knee if they don't want to, but I think Sky and the Beeb hailing it as good news that the fans apllauded while their players held a banner but did not kneel isn't exactly the same message as I took away from it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

PSG v Istanbul match suspended as players walk off the pitch due to alleged racism by match official

Demba Ba referred to by the 4th official as “that black guy” apparently.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I heard they actually referred to the coach as ‘negro’.  Which they are trying to explain is an acceptable term in Romania.

They have f**ked up. 

There’s a tweet in the football thread with a video of Demba arguing with the official. It seems like it was said in English “you never say this white guy, why when you’re talking about a black guy you have to say this black guy?”

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Unsurprisingly there's some proper head wobbling around this

"Black lives matter but he's not a black guy?" seems to be winning the stupidity race 

I honestly believe that both sides of this argument are descending into total and utter farce. We all need to take stock re-address the problem and go again because this is getting absolutely nowhere and creating a far bigger cultural divide than existed before

• Like 3

On 06/12/2020 at 09:52, dAVe80 said:

A conversation that definitely happened at The New Den 5th December 2020:

"Marxist innit, Clive? I'm no racist right, it's just I won't stand for a method of socioeconomic analysis right, that uses a materialist interpretation of historical development, better known as histoical materialism, to understan class relations and social conflict as well as a dialectical perspective to view social transformation. BOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Warning - video in linked tweet is NSFW as contains swearing:

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The Millwall forum is entertaining yet depressing reading.  It seems they all have the same viewpoint to a man.

had a look on saturday and it was just horrible to read. even on the player thread who spoke against it they all wanted him out of the club with "i would fill him in" being the lowlight. they all also wanted rowett sacked

you do feel for the (probably few) normal fans they have. imagine taking your kid to the game knowing you're surrounded by this lot

10 hours ago, bickster said:

This isn't really an argument

One side says Black people suffer racism in most aspects of their life and this isn't right. The racism is demonstably true

The other side are racist

Yep, dragging it towards a farce and miscontruing what it's all about is what the racists do in order to prevent this ever changing 

the excuses around this are incredible but they don't consider them excuses, they're putting them forward as genuine reasons 

If you're booing players taking a knee because you think it's in the support of a black American criminal and a left wing Marxist movement to disband the police then you're far away from the point that you'll probably never return 

The biggest problem is that they don't believe that deep down, that's justification that they've cooked up because what they do know deep down is that they're in the **** wrong 

• Like 4

I see the Millwall/Colchester fans booing as a symptom and not the cause. They're booing because they believe BLM is now primarily a political rather than an equality movement. It's the other way round. There are political elements of it - some really nutty ones but they really should be considered a fringe minority.

Months ago you had media and politicians of all persuasions supporting BLM and you could see from a lot of the "right wing" outlets this was very much through gritted teeth. At the time, they could hardly criticise BLM when people were marching the streets and footage of George Floyd pleading for his life were all over the screens. In the time since those outlets and politicians have gone to work repainting them as a left-wing political organisation that hates capitalism, hates Britain, hates white people, wants to defund the police blah blah. Again, there are elements of the movement that do want this - they're a nutty fringe minority though.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

had a look on saturday and it was just horrible to read. even on the player thread who spoke against it they all wanted him out of the club with "i would fill him in" being the lowlight. they all also wanted rowett sacked

you do feel for the (probably few) normal fans they have. imagine taking your kid to the game knowing you're surrounded by this lot

Yep, I know one.  The least Millwally, Millwall fan ever.

Â