Racism Part two

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, bickster said:

They don't even know what they are saying...

She needs to learn her own language

My favorite reply is this one:

Saint Nicholas actually looked closer to that cartoon than the pink-faced white man that represents Santa nowadays:

Saint Nicholas - Wikipedia

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's Turkish 

Same as St George, some of those repliers would shit a brick if they found that out 

I didn’t know that. Learn something new every day. 

Apparently he was Greek?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

• 2 weeks later...

The cynic in me feels they've done a cost benefit analysis and decided it's financially beneficial to take a stand, but I'm glad for it regardless.

It feels like for too long, people have been able to say what they like knowing people are too polite to call them out for their bullshit, especially companies who take the approach of "the customer is always right". If someone feels threatened by seeing black people enjoying Christmas on TV, their life must be pretty **** tragic. 

• Like 4

This story took up a couple of pages in this thread in June when it was claimed that it was an attempted beheading and a racially-motivated attack being kept quiet and not reported upon:

Paranoid schizophrenic who slit girl's throat cleared of murder

A paranoid schizophrenic who admitted slitting a seven-year-old girl's throat in a park has been cleared of murder.

Eltiona Skana had admitted the manslaughter of Emily Jones on the grounds of diminished responsibility, but was on trial after pleading not guilty to murder.

On Thursday, evidence had been heard from a consultant forensic psychiatrist who has been treating the 30-year-old at high-security Rampton Hospital.

Jurors heard that Skana told a nurse while in Rampton: "It was premeditated, I waited in a park and picked my victim, I did what I did then tried to run away."

But the court was also told the conversation took place at a time when Skana was not taking her anti-psychotic medication as part of a change in treatment at the hospital.

When police raided her flat in Bolton after her arrest they found a stash of untaken, anti-psychotic drugs, which amounted to around a month's worth of medication.

In 2017, Skana had stabbed her own mother and in another incident attacked her sister and had been admitted to psychiatric hospitals three times.

Simon Csoka QC, defending, asked her consultant at Rampton, Dr Syed Afghan: "You would agree that there's ample evidence in her past medical history of paranoid schizophrenia? Remitting and relapsing and leading to psychotic violence when in relapse?"

Dr Afghan replied: "Violence while under psychosis, while she's been psychotic she's been violent, yes."

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone see the millwall fans boo when the player took the knee?

It's appalling - there should now be a big pressure on the people that run Millwall to do something about this - the players need to speak out, the manager needs to speak out and for me, the ground needs closing until such time as they come up with a plan on how they control the racism in their fanbase.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's appalling - there should now be a big pressure on the people that run Millwall to do something about this - the players need to speak out, the manager needs to speak out and for me, the ground needs closing until such time as they come up with a plan on how they control the racism in their fanbase.

Surely it would be very easy to find out who they were as its a reduced crowd now?

Edited by Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone see the millwall fans boo when the player took the knee?

Are you surprised? I'd imagine most fanbases will have an element of booing when the knee is taken before games. 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Are you surprised? I'd imagine most fanbases will have an element of booing when the knee is taken before games. 

I've heard a few Millwall fans (and a couple of Britain Furst types) suggest that this will happen everywhere, but it's only been reported as having happened at one ground out of the twenty odd that have had fans in today. Would it happen at Villa Park? Possibly, but I'd imagine it'd be limited to one or two racist throbbers who'd be removed and banned immediately. I don't think we'll see booing at places other than those where the crowd are predominantly racist.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've heard a few Millwall fans (and a couple of Britain Furst types) suggest that this will happen everywhere, but it's only been reported as having happened at one ground out of the twenty odd that have had fans in today. Would it happen at Villa Park? Possibly, but I'd imagine it'd be limited to one or two racist throbbers who'd be removed and banned immediately. I don't think we'll see booing at places other than those where the crowd are predominantly racist.

Be interesting to hear if any of the other games had booing... by your comments, it sounds as though they haven't, which is good.

I can see taking the knee being phased out before the full return of fans anyway. QPR don't do it now as Les Ferdinand said it had lost its impact and I think Coventry don't do it anymore either. 

I could imagine booing at St Andrews. 

Â