Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

I hate the mentality of some people. This guy gets paid a huge amount. All he has to do is try his best. If his best isn’t good enough, which it hasn’t been so far, then we have to continue to pay his wages. All he has to do is keep trying to be good enough.

He’s happy to have a bit of a moan about not playing but undoubtedly he won’t be happy to take a pay cut to ensure that he can get a game elsewhere.

Keep your mouth shut son, work your socks off and try your best to get back in the team. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

That’s not really the point though is it? Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Well was he asked a question by a journo or someone about his current situation or did he put it on social media on his own? Honest question cause I've not checked.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Well was he asked a question by a journo or someone about his current situation or did he put it on social media on his own? Honest question cause I've not checked.

Not sure to be honest.

He was signed to play in The Championship. 

I'm sure his wages rocketed with promotion clauses, and he's had a good few games in The Premier League which he probably wouldn't have got otherwise. 

I don't think life has been too cruel for him. 

• Like 1

Shame, I really liked him but can see that Matty Cash is an upgrade but still hope this doesn't turn in to any bad blood causing disharmony in the dressing room.

Hope he knuckles down and pushes hard but if we lose him I wish him well and will miss those awesome sliding tackles.

• Like 1

Shame he's come out and said that, although i suspect there is some truth to it. I'm sure he'll continue fighting for his place but if the quotes are genuine he's shot himself in the foot.

I would back him to get game time this season and deliver when called upon, but saying that makes it less likely he'll get those opportunities

I guess this is also a sign that Elmo's contract will be extended for another year or so. Would not make sense to get rid of Guilbert just to bring in another RB back-up option next season.  Maybe the management feel Kessler is ready to make the step-up?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Not sure to be honest.

I don't have much issue with it if he was responding to a question. Guess could have always said the old "just gotta work hard in practice yada yada". But if it was him that bitched on social media or sought out a journo to get attention then I'd be disappointed and probably think it'll be best if he was moved on in January.

Nothing in what he said in itself is a big deal for me, it's likely all true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I guess this is also a sign that Elmo's contract will be extended for another year or so. Would not make sense to get rid of Guilbert just to bring in another RB back-up option next season.  Maybe the management feel Kessler is ready to make the step-up?

Hope we wait until after the season to do that. Let's see what our options are then.

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Not just his experience and versatility.

He comes across an extremely important character in the dressing room.

Fair enough, it is vital important as well to maintain the morales team, it is good for mental and positive in the Dressing Room.

5 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Hope not that he will be extended for another year, if he does stay extended deal so Guilbert have to go as not fair to keep him at 3rd choice, maybe move him to left back for challenge Targett and let Taylor go... other option is let him go for permanently sold or loan for 1 or 2 years depend the Elmo contract extending and Kessler.

Kessler i hear lots about positive even smith bring him to team A seem like he likely next player breakthrough team A but i didn't see him, player so i can't comment about him to compare to Guilbert. If Smith and his team think he good enough so would make sense why they willing to sell him or Loan out.

He is better than 2/3 of our other players in my opinion. Only 7 or 8 or 8 better than him. He isn't as good as at attacking compared to cash but I think he is much stronger defensively and he should be on the bench especially when I think elmo is a liability that way and as some are keen to point out Taylor offers nothing going forward. I think guilbert overlapping, energy and his defensive ability is good enough for us to keep him.

He was our 3rd best performer last season and we only one game without him I think that shows how crucial he was to our efforts. I think Smith values elmo for his leadership but I think guilbert is twice the player he is right now even if he is rusty because he hasn't played more than 500 minutes in the last 6 months. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He is better than 2/3 of our other players in my opinion. Only 7 or 8 or 8 better than him. He isn't as good as at attacking compared to cash but I think he is much stronger defensively and he should be on the bench especially when I think elmo is a liability that way and as some are keen to point out Taylor offers nothing going forward. I think guilbert overlapping, energy and his defensive ability is good enough for us to keep him.

He was our 3rd best performer last season and we only one game without him I think that shows how crucial he was to our efforts. I think Smith values elmo for his leadership but I think guilbert is twice the player he is right now even if he is rusty because he hasn't played more than 500 minutes in the last 6 months. 

Well the blokes who see him every day in training have told him he is first choice fullback (per FG himself) it's those opinions that matter.

Tries hard - but some way short at this level.  Probably be gone by the Jan window at the latest.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well the blokes who see him every day in training have told him he is first choice fullback (per FG himself) it's those opinions that matter.

Tries hard - but some way short at this level.  Probably be gone by the Jan window at the latest.

We can part-ex him for Rash..... oh, no, better not start that up again 😏

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Well I don't get it. For most of last season excluding jack he was one of our best players with perhaps mings on really challenging him. Frankly I think we have done him dirty. 

Â